Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are CDs ok with men acting chivalrous and treating them like ladies?

Are CDs ok with men acting chivalrous and treating them like ladies?

Do you like guys to let you go first, carry your bags, and refer to you as ms.?

How about compliments by men?

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    I would love it personally. That means that they are kind and courteous. Always a good thing imo, and it would appeal to my ego that they would treat me like a lady.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Yes, Yes, eh...whatever and absolutely

First, holding the door is always a courtesy no matter what gender you do it for (and on the flip side saying "thank you" is a courtesy for the person passing through the door).

Next, yes, a man carrying my bags is a sweet gesture. Just like holding my chair, picking up something I drop.

you can call me whatever you like I have heard it all before. Sir and Ma'am is polite but not required for me

And Honey, compliments are ALWAYS welcome. That is why I take so much time getting ready.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Its a must in my book that. the man be a total gentleman ane do all those things to show me th respect or there will be no 2nd date and the currn date will be pretty much a non-event. This is written in stone.

I love it! And need more of it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    You guys better be alright with it after all you are dressed as women.

Julia

It is the right thing for a man to do, for a woman, what girl would not like compliments.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I love it when a man treats like a lady.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Dang, what's not to like when a man opens the door for you. It is just so sweet when you are clicking your way up to the door of your favorite club and one of the smokers outside pulls open the door and holds it for you.[/SIZE]

In the UK the door opening thing isn't a gender issue.. it is just politeness.. BUT.. carrying my bags?

Well I could go for a Miss Piggy approach (showing my age - Muppet Show)...

But oh yes... to say 'why thank you' in my best Marilyn Monroe voice... priceless!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

sure, why not?
    dont see any problem with it.

What girl doesn't like to have to door held open for her, or be assisted when entering or exiting a car, or having her packages carried for her, or having a gentlemen act chivalrous to her. I know that I just love these attributes in a gentlemen and expect them.

Um....

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, I present as a woman, so love to be treated as one

/Katie
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Aspiring Member
    No, not really. CDing is my form of expressing myself for myself. I'm not trying to get male attention as validation. True polite behavior is nice. Chivalry for purposes of playing an angle is disgusting.
    —Mikaela

When carting my case around My wife and I have had a couple of "Let's help you ladies there"
    I love it; my wife is starting to accept it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Julia hits it on the head. Although not out and about myself, what would anyone expect when out. For the man to behave as a man does. Everyman will behave differently, some being courteous, some being boors and slobs. Dont care which, as long as they would be honest, and I feel I would enjoy the courteous approach while saying a curse for the boor.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    Absolutely...I have no problems with gentleman treating me in a polite and courteous manner. Of course, respectful also goes along with that.

I definitely wouldn't be ok with chivalry and I'm sure all the girls here would agree. Chivalry is the code of honor for knights, like bushido. If a guy is treating you with chivalry, then you are probably jousting. However, I would love being treated with courtly love.

On one of my first outings I had a man open the door for me at the restaurant, I smiled and said thank you and proceeded to walk through the restaurant feeling really great.
    Babs

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Well if I were single and a guy had something like that on his mind, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad thing. Guys do what guys do. Truth be told, if I look like a girl, then a guy is going to do what they do best and that is try to attract a mate. But boy would they be in for a surprise when an in depth discussion about me and who I am came up!
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

i would be down with it if they wanted to hold the door for me i must be looking really good. lol!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I'm with Lori on this, holding the door is a common courtesy no matter what gender. If there is someone behind me, it doesn't matter boy/girl or man/woman I'll hold the door for them. It happens to me all of the time, dressed either way.
    Dana Ryan

Platinum Member
    Hi Sean, If I'm dressed as a lady I'd like to be treated like a lady
    I guess the answer would be yes.

Orchid

Banned Read only
    If the guy wanted to date me, yes, I'd expect him to treat me when I'm dressed the same way I treat GGs that I'm interested in. If he doesn't want to date me, I don't expect it, and truthfully, I'd be thrown off by it quite a bit.

I'd have no problem with it.
    ~~Melissa~~