Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snide Remarks

Gold Member
    I am a bit taken back that so many of us can sit here and talk so bad about a man who made a couple of (admittedly rude) comments. We will be much better off striving to just ignoring the uneducated and spending our time enjoying our selves. If we listen to what one person says, it takes away from our good time and good mood (in this case, also out with a spouse). Don't let people doing minor things bother you folks! Life is meant to be a happy experience. I am here to tell you, there are probably many others saying the same thing, but you are out of earshot. Let it go and have fun.

Umm...yea...generally good idea to not hit ppl... LOL. No, but seriously...who CARES what animal noises comes outta SIXTY y/o grey haired Man w/a beast for a 'wife'? Ew?

My advice? Don't let ppl Determine your tude or you'll Never be happy, Cindy. Aww...

Babe...this is YOUR life, Your time...do with it what You will and to hell w/the rest of tha gd mfckn world. I mean...ya know? Just dance...everythings alright..just Dance...

So bye "snide remarks" are you referring to you calling his wife "fat and ugly" or by you calling him "rude".
    You set out to be a bit more pretty. Why let the rude, fat and ugly bring out the ugly in you?
    I am WOMAN and I've come too far to go back to pretend.

Silver Member
    I’m a contrary sort of person. I love to play the devil’s advocate. I would have loved to skewer him and challenge his manhood.

I totally agree. My usual retort is to ask them how my choice of "shoes" or "nail polish" etc., actually affects their life. Does my wearing heels somehow raise their property taxes? Does my getting a pedicure increase their auto insurance premiums? Does the simple act of doing something they find less manly somehow undo what is on my DD-214? Does it? Polish on my toes does NOT make me any less a man than they are, it actually makes me a bigger man. I've got the balls to do what I want to do. Only a coward hides behind their fears, and their wife's skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the opposite?
    That bigots need to publically humiliated and made an example of for their dangerous beliefs and prejudices.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

I love going to the nail salon when macho males are getting a "masculine pedicure. They can't believe when they see the nail tech applying bright red polish to my toenails. When she finishes, I always lift my feet, look at my pretty toes, and say "I really love this color, or this color makes me feel like a queen". Most of the customers in the salon hear me and see me looking at my pretty toes. The expression on the males faces is priceless. The way to get the last laugh is to own my femininity and be proud of it and my red toenails that express my femininity. Don't let the neanderthals attempt to shame you because you are not doing anything wrong. They are just idiots and will never change. Show them that you are proud of who you are.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

You did good Cindy screw that old ^$#(*!@. And mt toes are red at this moment hun.
    Angie

Silver Member
    There is absolutely no two ways about it, not getting physical with the man was the right thing to do. In the eyes of the law, you would be the guilty party because you were the first one to get physical and there was no evidence of self defense. You would have gotten the worst of it in the end, I guarantee it.

I agree with Momarie though, that was still an unkind comment to make about the wife who committed no transgression. Is the fact she is fat or unattractive to most automatically make her a bad person unworthy of love, someone to be "saddled" with as punishment? Maybe I am being a bit sensitive here, but on more than one occasion people have said the same thing about me (because I am fat/ugly I am unworthy of love.) If we want to be accepted as we are, we should be accepting of others as they are. Just something to think about.

You handled the situation perfectly. As any intelligent human would.

Unfortunately, stupidity with malice is not a terminal disease

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1997 View Post
    Just Kill him with kindness and it will really piss him off.
    Agreed, in this situation he was baiting you. If you don't respond he is left looking like a jerk.

Previously GraceAnne
    While I agree, you did the right thing and you were probably feeling a bit defensive. What, exactly, is your reasoning for bad talking his wife? She didn't seem to have anything to do with the situation.

Well I agree the old dude was a crank, but what is so bad about being called a queer? It really shouldn't upset you so much.

I just assume any man who is getting his toes done in a pretty color is femmy in some way. Maybe not gay cuz most of the gay guys I know aren't very femmy, but pretty toes aren't exactly a thing that advertises "normal, hetero male". You've got at least a LITTLE sugar in the tank hon.

Enjoy it. Pretty toes are a totally worthwhile thing to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I agree with what you did Cindy, being former military (Marines) I had to put up with some jerks who wanted to prove themselfs. As I always used to tell people then and my son now. The best thing to do is walk away. Forget about it...You will most likely never see that person again. I hope that you have a better time next time that you are out with your wife. Please don't lower yourself to his standards by name calling. I know that you were mad but be a better person then him.

Jessica

You could have said out loud.

Sir please don't remind us you have sugar in your tank. Say we all already thought that. He might answer back I was talking about you I'm not gay. Then quickly say I don't believe you prove it. There is no way to prove it. This might work as one of Karren's somewhat subtle ways to say something.

I would not say anything either some time but then again other emotions take over. As a girl I have to watch it to.

I pushed the reset button, your joy has been returned to you. Please feel free to have fun again. All other of us girls included the button is quite big.

Tess
    Last edited by Contessa; 01-05-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: To make it read better
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

You should have just given him your best smile and a cute little wink....that would have shut down his little episode.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My reply would have been, "Yes, I like my coffee just as I like my woman, Hot and sweet" !!!!!
    And then just enjoy my pedicure.
    "Do not wish to be anything but what you are."
    ~Saint Francis de Sales

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni Citara View Post
    Polish on my toes does NOT make me any less a man than they are, it actually makes me a bigger man. I've got the balls to do what I want to do. Only a coward hides behind their fears, and their wife's skirt.
    A CD talking about having BALLS...ya gotta love that, huh?

Well, most of us do!

Every time I hear a "manly man" spout off about another man looking "girly" "gay" etc. I consider that he wouldn't have the courage to put on a dress and walk the length of the local mall.

Who's the bravest of them all? We are! We've confronted our fears and prejudices and stopped letting them control us. We should feel pity, not anger, for those who are still enslaved.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

You did good. But since you were in drab man mode a funny thing to say could have been.

"Hey you man enough to get your pedicure too" To the guy with a smile, would have put him on the spot in the store.

or "You shy about getting your nails done" All said in a fun non threatening way. If he gets angry he looks like an idiot in front of the whole store.

Also if your 6-1 250 then your not an easy target for a fight! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMarcie View Post
    LOL, isn't this a big paradox. But somewhat true.

I'm a crossdresser, not interested in changing my gender. I enjoy being the man I am. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMarcie View Post
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Sorry to say Cindy but I don't feel he did anything different than what you have done by bashing his wife. Let's see. (she was fat & ugly) really. Then he left with his "old bat" What makes it ok for you to say those things here to your friends yes he can't have his opinion. Oxymoron at a minimum. Maybe Karma hit you that day. Just sayin.

Yeeeeee hawwwwwww

To bad I missed this thread havent been here long enough but anyway,, Me an the wife get our done regularly an its different every time an we go to different places to so no getting used to the same ol girls ,, Ya never realy know who or what yull run into at the salon ?? But anyway the same thing had happen to me ,, A guy saw me getting mine done an said something an im a big mouth anyway an LOVE that stuff so I yelled across the whole place HEY YOUR JUST JELOUS an he said some crap ,, But as he was leaving ..... NOTE LEAVING ,,, But ya got to have thick skin to do this stuff an just blow it off ,,If you let all that stuff bother you yull go crazy. I in there getting a pedi I cant think of 1 dam person that could get me off that chair an out of my favorite thing in the world. But when ya think about getting into a fight just allways remember your leaving a salon with your toe nails painted an going to a place where there are ALOT of MEN who REALY wont an dont want to UNDERSTAND .... ( JAIL ) ,, Just sayin
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

he was jealous , he wanted his done and didnt have the guts to do it, so rude idiots make fun of others

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    You handled it the way my wife would want me to handle it, but alas I would have had to confront him in some way. I don't think that I would have made him eat the phone, probably would have shuved it up his Ars!!!! I wish that I had your temperment, mine gets me in trouble pretty often.
    I want to be this girl!