Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going out en femme

going out en femme

where do you used to go en femme? as a boy i don't really like to go out since i live by myself here.

Mine is shopping in a location miles away from home so that I'm less likely to be seen by someone I know.

Leanne

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have NO INTEREST in going out unless it's with other girls! Deva Las Vegas is coming up soon! GRIN!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You go anywhere you want that is reasonably safe. I go some distance from home because I'm not out to my friends and colleagues. Malls can be fun as long as you resist the urge to buy all that great stuff. Lots of people who are pretty much focused on their own tasks allow you to blend nicely. Beyond that, what are your interests? If you like music, go to a concert, etc.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    You go anywhere you want that is reasonably safe. I go some distance from home because I'm not out to my friends and colleagues. Malls can be fun as long as you resist the urge to buy all that great stuff. Lots of people who are pretty much focused on their own tasks allow you to blend nicely. Beyond that, what are your interests? If you like music, go to a concert, etc.
    the thing about my interest is running and computer. it isn't possible en femme while running (well possible but how could i run with a dress) and computer? guess im staying at home.. lol... going out by myself is not fun, and i'm not out to my friends and family, my GF kinda know about it but she doesnt want to talk about it. we live in different city now, i only visit her on weekend.

Do women wear dresses and heels when they run? Of course not. They wear women's running shorts, sports bra, teeshirt, maybe a baseball cap, socks and running shoes. You can do that. Shave your legs. Wear a light foundation, lipstick, and get yourself some pretty pink socks.

My first outing was to the Movie theater and the experience was so positive it gave me the courage to start going places. I've been to clubs and restraunts. The thing is that you will be your most harsh critic. The movie experience taught me that most people pay no attention to anybody except themselves, and most that do notice don't care or don't notice.
    These outings were so much fun, I started looking for places that CD's frequented.I was lucky to find a meet up group in my area that has something almost every week. Now I have not only new places to go, but some new really nice friends. My biggest problem now is what to wear, I mean I want to look good, and don't want the oter girls seeing me in the same outfit everytime!
    None of this would have happened if I had not taken a chance and gone out that night to the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    Do women wear dresses and heels when they run? Of course not. They wear women's running shorts, sports bra, teeshirt, maybe a baseball cap, socks and running shoes. You can do that. Shave your legs. Wear a light foundation, lipstick, and get yourself some pretty pink socks.
    i should try that in summer. btw i shaved my legs since 3 years ago. and i wear a pink lipbalm everyday

I've been thinking of getting a sports bra, some femme top, womens' athletic shoes and yoga pants to exercise in.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I'm part of a group of CDs who go out every Friday to a LGBT friendly club. There's a core group of 6 of us and a number of other gurls that come when they can. We've been getting together as a group for nearly 2 years now and there seems to be no end in sight. In addition we have dinner parties at one another's homes. I feel very fortunate to have found a great circle of gurlfriends. If you're from the NW and want to get out give me a PM, the welcome mat is always out.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="4"]I'm part of a group of CDs who go out every Friday to a LGBT friendly club. There's a core group of 6 of us and a number of other gurls that come when they can. We've been getting together as a group for nearly 2 years now and there seems to be no end in sight. In addition we have dinner parties at one another's homes. I feel very fortunate to have found a great circle of gurlfriends. If you're from the NW and want to get out give me a PM, the welcome mat is always out.[/SIZE]
    i am from New Jersey. I would really love to go with u if i were there.

I go every where that I would go in male mode rather it be doctors office or what ever! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Pretty much anyplace I'd go in male mode. I go grocery shopping, get a latte at Starbucks, stop for lunch at some favorite places, shop for clothes at the outlet mall and other stores, and go out to local restaraunts and bars that are known to be TG friendly.

This morning, I stopped to get gasoline and a few groceries at the neighborhood Kroger. I've shopped there for more than 10 years in male clothes and am pretty familiar with many of the staff. But in the past, when dressed, I always shopped at a larger grocery a bit farther from home. Today, I just said to heck with it, and went to the local store. It was fine. No one batted an eye.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-05-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by chloe cute View Post
    where do you used to go en femme? as a boy i don't really like to go out since i live by myself here.
    I go everywhere. Mall, restaurants, movies...anywhere anyone else goes. My favorite was last October when my wife and I spent a week having a girls only vacation. It was so nice not having to change back and forth and knowing that I was going everywhere and anywhere. When we left I was hesitant to interact and speak to people, by the time we were coming home I was registering for the hotel rooms, chatting with the girls at McDonalds. It really relaxed me and opened new worlds.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I go everywhere. Mall, restaurants, movies...anywhere anyone else goes.
    Yes, Cheryl, you're better at sauntering than I am.
    Actually after you mentioned to me about sauntering , that got me observing women more closely. What I have noticed in shopping malls is that it's couples that do most of the sauntering. Women seem to walk at a mid speed pace, some are trucking along. But for the most part, I see women saunter through the clothing racks.

I'm going to the mall and a couple of places on my own this weekend. .....I gotta get out again soon!

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I do pretty much the same as Eryn,,malls and stuff,,,,lately though I have been going to the park near me and walking the jogging paths....during the day,,,with no problems
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I go out for the day in the country, to the shops or travelling on public transport just as I would do in male mode.

I've been to Walmart, sometimes to get gas or just take a drive (usually at night since thats when I prefer to drive anyway, so I can jam out in the car. lol), the mall, or anywhere really. I've been to taco bell before

As others have said, start small and just go do something! It's not as much fun alone so look for a support group. New Jersey has a very active trans population. Try this website as a start..... http://www.gardenstateequality.org/issues/trans.html

Get out and enjoy yourself. Just be safe.
    Sally

Hi,

Are there places you like going to as in bob mode . if there are then going dressed is or can be fun if you have enough confidence in your self & just enjoy your self .

I think your malls are much like ours & most people are just doing thier shoping or looking most wont even see you as theyll be busy & if you do get the lookers dont worry about it ,
    Do you have any friends near you.or may be a club or group you could join. as thats a good idear,a coffe bar, parks another idear is do some camara work as its winter over your way thats another idear, any way an idear or two.

...noeleena...

Well, I've been walking in the city parks, walking on walking trails along the highway, I've been to several different malls, I've pumped gas into my vehicle, and I've driven around town (to get to the above).

As mentioned above, dress for the occasion. You don't go for a walk in heels and you don't wear flashy makeup in the daytime. Observe what women wear and do and imitate them.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Not sure what part of the country you live, if in the US, but I think the real answer to this is where NOT to go. Just as any girl needs to be careful where they go, we need to be also for safety reasons. Other then that, I think you go anywhere you enjoy going. Realize that maybe someone will know you are not female, but so what? The biggest thing about going out is not what you where, but how you present in the clothes you wear. Of course, I would always try and wear the clothes that are correct for the location, a tutu is not correct for anywhere but the dance floor!

I go to the mall and to Payless. One time I went to a Cd friendly bar during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Yes, Cheryl, you're better at sauntering than I am.
    Actually after you mentioned to me about sauntering , that got me observing women more closely. What I have noticed in shopping malls is that it's couples that do most of the sauntering. Women seem to walk at a mid speed pace, some are trucking along. But for the most part, I see women saunter through the clothing racks.
    LOL...thanks Nathalie. It's a learned art as taught to me by my wife.
    You also must notice that much of the time women shop in pairs or more and sauntering is necessary to communicate with each other when you spot something cute in a particular store.
    Besides, didn't you ever learn to stop and "smell the roses"? So many things to see in a mall and shopping at Warp 9 you may miss a sale...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Thanks, Cheryl!