Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many go out, and where?

I don't get out as much as I would like but when the opportunity is there, I go for it. Matter of fact I'm going out tonight

Where ever we want to, my s/o and I. I will shop alone sometimes if she's not up to it some days, but usually we go together. I value her opinion on stuff so I prefer her with me to save having to return stuff. So we go dining, shopping, travelling, Nascar races and local speedways, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    Sorry, but I've read and re-read Lorileah's and Nikki's posts, and I don't see anything directed toward you personally.
    I have been accused of.going to clan rallies by peaple in the trans community right to my face because I am conservative. I am familiar with the slight jabs to avoid the radar of the moderators on this forum.

Went to the tattoo shop yesterday as my girlself had a great day 12 + hours and driving both ways dinner as well what a nice time. It is truly a blessing to be able to relax and have fun. Its taken a while to figure out I'm not doing anything wrong and this is my authentic self. Each time I get out I get a little more confidence. It was difficult to start though. Needing this so badly has propelled me out the door and continues to.Great thread thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I left the house 8 years ago and have enjoyed every minute of it...
    8 years ago Karen, you better get back home!!!!!!

I only went out in public for the first time about 5 years ago, and loved it. Circumstances prohibit my going out very often, so it's only been about 15, maybe 20 times all told. And as I age I am feeling less confident, but I am hoping I can make it happen again.

I've been to stores, restaurants, plays, films, concerts, operas (really nice, as you can dress up and still blend in), a book club meeting (where they all knew me), museums, parks, on subways, buses, trains, and ferries (no planes, doubt that will happen.)

Don't feel it is something you have to do to please others. If you enjoy it, good. If you don't, and want to keep cross-dressing private, that's good too. If you do go out, it may be best if you can go with someone else, and have some pleasant activities planned, things you would enjoy doing anyway, so that you are not concentrated on just the dressing, but can watch the show or whatever, be with your companion, and have a good time. The dressing will still be enjoyable, but you'll feel less stressed, I'm sure.

Michaella

I wanted to go to the Diva's Las Vegas show but my S.O. was so worried that we would be seated with someone who would not approve and give is a hard time she just said no.

I want to go out..Any one know of good places in queens NY..??

I'm brand new to the going out thing, but my plan is to attend a local group meeting. After the meeting there is a party at a local club. I've been scoping it out for years now and have finaly taken my first baby steps to get there by leaving my apartment.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by morgan51 View Post
    Went to the tattoo shop yesterday as my girlself had a great day 12 + hours and driving both ways dinner as well what a nice time. It is truly a blessing to be able to relax and have fun. Its taken a while to figure out I'm not doing anything wrong and this is my authentic self. Each time I get out I get a little more confidence. It was difficult to start though. Needing this so badly has propelled me out the door and continues to.Great thread thanks!
    The truth is, I suggested s/he do it. You're welcome, baby!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    --Dr. Seuss