Thread: Haven't posted in a while. Good news, though.

Talking Haven't posted in a while. Good news, though.

Bad news? I live in the middle of nowhere, and the best internet I can hope for is
    dial-up at 2.5 Kbps. So, I don't have internet.
    Good news? My mom (who told me that I should get FFS, and would fully be behind me in everything I did) and dad have both rallied behind me and my TG tendencies.
    I went and saw a gender therapist, and she recommended I live as a woman in order
    to decide if it was right for me.
    So, for the last 2 months, I've been living as Loretta. I've grown out my hair and nails, I've seemingly mastered makeup and mannerisms, and have lost 30 pounds (Which resulted in the happy side effect of losing a shoe size! I'm now a size 9!)

I've been looking for work in my little town, and found something that is TG friendly!
    The interview went well, so I do have a chance of getting a job!

Before I moved, my aunt took me on a $500 shopping spree for new clothes, shoes, jewelery, and makeup, as a goodbye present.
    And to top things off, there's going to a drag pageant coming up at the local bar pretty soon!

I've grown so used to being a full-time woman that I don't really want to go back.
    Oh, and one more thing. I've been thinking about my name, and I think that Yvonne is a better name, don't you?
    I'm so happy!
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

That's awesome, I think congratulations are in order.

I hope it all continues to go well for you.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

That sounds wonderful
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Very awesome! Many of us older folks can only look back and wish our parents were supportive. Some were mean, if not brutal, while most were just ignorant and terrified and no help at all. May you lead the life that will make you happy, with the full support of a loving family :-)
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Congratulations, Yvonne. Stay the course and grab that dream by the ponytail and don't let go

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    May I also congratulate you, Yvonne! Yes, do change your name and what ever else needs changing!! It is your life, to live as you see fit! So do it!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I Loved Those Blue Shoes crossIsFun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Bad news? I live in the middle of nowhere, and the best internet I can hope for is
    Good news? My mom (who told me that I should get FFS, and would fully be behind me in everything I did) and dad have both rallied behind me and my TG tendencies.
    I went and saw a gender therapist, and she recommended I live as a woman in order
    to decide if it was right for me.
    So, for the last 2 months, I've been living as Loretta. I've grown out my hair and nails, I've seemingly mastered makeup and mannerisms, and have lost 30 pounds (Which resulted in the happy side effect of losing a shoe size! I'm now a size 9!)

I've been looking for work in my little town, and found something that is TG friendly!
    The interview went well, so I do have a chance of getting a job!

Before I moved, my aunt took me on a $500 shopping spree for new clothes, shoes, jewelery, and makeup, as a goodbye present.
    And to top things off, there's going to a drag pageant coming up at the local bar pretty soon!

I've grown so used to being a full-time woman that I don't really want to go back.
    Oh, and one more thing. I've been thinking about my name, and I think that Yvonne is a better name, don't you?
    I'm so happy!
    That is so awesome! You have got to be feeling SOOOO GOOD!!!! I'm smiling for you!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Try looking into satellite for your internet. I am also rural, so my only options were dial-up or satellite. There are 2 main players: Wild Blue and HughesNet. Top speed on either is 1.5 mb and there are latency issues sometimes, but it sure beats dial-up.

That is really great. I am very happy for you. Hang in there and you will make it. Pick a name that you like hearing all the time and you are proud of.

Kristy

Wow, that is GREAT news! Good luck to you honey, it sounds like you've cracked it. Hats off to your family for being supportive too, that's a lovely thing. The further I got reading your post, the more it just made me smile. Good for you.

xx Becca xx

Platinum Member
    That is wonderful, Loretta. I am thrilled with life has progressed for you.

I wondered what had become of you, glad to hear it's such good news, It sounds like you are loving being full time, that's great that you can live it your way! Get hold of someone on this site and get that name changed, after all if you are going to live it full time, you will confuse people if you go by one name to long, and then change it on them, so do it quick, Yvonne, if you feel better as a Yvonne, you don't want people thinking of you as a Loretta.
    Keep us posted as to how things go as you live this new life, after all you are living a lot of peoples fantasy, and we are going to follow your story very closely.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Congrats Yvonne! Thanks for updating us on these positive developments in your life.

Congratulations, and enjoy your journey!

As an aside, I bet there are many who don't know how rural california can get, and fast

Yvonne! I'll call you anything that makes you happy! In fact I think I will call you the happiest girl in the whole USA! I'm happy for you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: