Thread: First time out en femme!

First time out en femme!

It's been days since my first outing but I still remember the rush of emotions. One of my best friends from high school whom I have not seen in 7 years decided to come visit me here in Tampa from WI. I was ecstatic as this is a woman that I am very close to and cherish deeply. I knew she had just come out of a devastating break up with her now ex boyfriend so I decided to do something extreme to make her smile and laugh. Let's face it, laughter is the best natural healing tool we have!

I got up early the day of her arrival and painted my nails, had a friend help me with my makeup, put on knee high boots with a 5" heel and a fuchsia racer back dress that came just above my knees. I felt great as I looked into the mirror. My friend couldn't believe how amazing I looked which boosted my confidence even more! I had this feeling of complete surety and confidence as I stood there looking into the mirror, marveling at who was looking back at me. I didn't have any pockets so I packed all of my necessary items into a purse I had purchased and headed for the door.

As my hand touched the door handle I heard movement outside and I froze. Uncertainty and doubts flooded into my mind and my resolve crumbled like a sand castle against the ocean waves. I took a deep breath and steadied my nerves. To my relief, my friend just looked on with a silent inquisitive look knowing that this was a decision I needed to make on my own. What seemed like minutes, I turned the handle and stumbled out of the apartment on unsteady legs from the mixture of adrenaline and awkwardness from the heels.

Struggling to remain steady and deliberate, I looked like someone trying to learn how to walk in stilts on ice. A college age girl that lives in the area saw the debacle and came to my rescue. I briefly explained my intentions and she started offering reassurance and advice on how best to conquer those unnatural catastrophes we love as heels. Upon reaching my vehicle, she told me that I would be a very beautiful girl which definitely made me blush like no other.

I felt great conquering a part of my fear. I was out of the house, in public. Now came the next test of wills and that was teaching myself how to drive a 5 speed manual car in heels. It was a steep learning curve but to my surprise, didn't take long to adjust my driving style to.

I managed to make it to the airport without causing a wreck or getting pulled over for wreckless driving. The thought "of all days to be pulled over, this would definitely be the most awkward of them all" crossed my mind every time I saw a police officer. I pulled up the curbside pickup area and found my friend Ashley waiting with her bag. I got out to help her load up her luggage and for her to see me and was rewarded with a friendly smile and laugh! She hugged me and said I looked very good which was great to hear.

All in all it was a very rewarding experience that taught me a few things.

1) Majority of people out there don't give a darn what you look like as long as it doesn't affect them.
    2) People who do ask "why?" are usually sincerely curious. I've found that being confident in your decision to "why?" really helps alleviate further questions or gives a great conversation starter.
    2) It sucks driving in heels and I will be bringing flip flops next time to drive in.
    3) It takes 10 times longer to get ready in the morning than just rolling over and throwing socks and shoes on!

Practice makes better and I'll keep on practicing!

Danika

A very well written beautiful story! Glad you had fun! BEING THERE FOR A FRIEND MAKES IT EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

What a wonderful story Danika! I'm so happy for you! I hope this leads to more outings for you, as it seems it will.

I had a great time being who I am and I can't wait to be able to express myself again!

Congratulations! You have just opened the door to a big wonderful world and there is no going back. Your observations mirror those of my first time out. It feels great to realize that all that worry and fear is self generated. I'm so proud of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good for you Danika, wow what a rush, keep it up, it will get easier every time you go out enfemme. I remember my first few time out, I remember the adrenilen rushes I experience, I dont get the adrenilen rushes any more, however the freedom to go out enfemme is heavenly.
    I am glad your friend was so accepting, and I hope you made her day. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Congratulations Danika. You got to help a friend, by making two people happy at the same time. What a wonderful trip, in more ways than one.

Hugs, Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Congratulations on going out! Tonight was my first time ever going out too! It was a blast and I'm sure I'm hooked now. I hope you continue to have such great experiences. I like how u summed it all up. my neighbor saw me and I'm wondering what he thinks. I the end, I don't care so much. I feel great about it all. I hope you do too!
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Danika,
    I love your story, its a heart warmer.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Sounds like you had a good time! What a wonderful way to take that first step!

I hope you took pictures!

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Wow! That was a cool story. I love it how people just come to offer assistance. It restores my faith in humanity
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Now that wasn't so tough was it!! Very aggressive first time, but why not. You deserve it.

Tanya

Congratulations on all points! Are you going to have a "Girls night out" with your friend?

Gold Member
    Sounds like a great first time out. I would recommend not driving in heels especially when driving a standard. That is a lot of movement if you aren't using it. Heels are tough until you get used to them. Maybe you could wear them some around your apartment?

I agree on people asking why to just be curious. I am very much in the camp of education instead of confrontation. Sometimes we get a little too defensive. I love your attitude! Go get 'em!