Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The more I dress the more I want to

The more I dress the more I want to

I get maybe two times a week,but the more I do it the more I want to.its like an addiction ..............does anyone else feel this way?

Yes! I was nutz about dressing in my younger years, even if it was just for an hour or so... it is definitely an addiction! It still is to me!
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Banned Read only
    It is very true. The more we indulge in our crossdressing, the more we want to crossdress. Then we want to do more and more. We find ourselves no longer contented with just dressing at home weekly, then we want to go out or something, It goes on and on. Yes I feel this way. As some of you know my 13 year purge. I got married for the third time. I told my new wife of 1 year and a half what I once “USED” to do. She pushed and encouraged me so hard for about a week, all the while ignoring my fears and words of telling her that I never, ever wanted to go back down that road ever again. I eventually gave in, and with all of her 180 deg. about face on all of her promises, I now haven’t become Tara since I returned from SCC 2011. I keep my mouth shut about it. Then she will bring it up, and ask why don’t I become Tara? I just give her a look now.
    I told her way back in 4-18-2010 of my fears and all that cross dressing brings. I told her of my fears. She wanted it so badly. So I gave in. It was all good for about 6 months. She went with me to SCC 2010. She and I both had a great time. She learned so much.
    And for a while I was doing what I told her that I would want to do. That if I start becoming Tara ever again, that I would want to do it more and more. Now I live in such pain. I live with constant suppression. But even with my great strength of suppression, and she hasn’t seen Tara or hear talk of Tara for the last 4 month. So she looks for something else to get onto me about. Not many days go by that we don’t get into it. I try to stay calm all the time with her. There is no avenue to get along with her. Rationalism with her goes right out the window.
    But any way, I agree with you, that the more you dress or become your other side, the more you want. Then the reality sets in that your wife was just baiting you to satisfy her curiosity, and once that is satisfied, she pulls the rug out from under you, and uses all that she set you up for, against you. Then she threatens you with the same $20,000 blackmail money I paid my seocnd wife, for her to keep quiet about your cd’ing as I paid off my previous wife.
    Some on here have told me it’s my fault; I guess it is, for I trusted the wrong people. One day we will be through, and I may meet another. But I can say with all certainty, that when I meet another, I can and will see several things that will tell me that the new person will not be the right one. If she has real breast’s will not be a good sign, and if I discover that she has a Vagina, that a sure sign to turn and leave her by the way side.

Banned Read only
    Like anything in life, there must be balance. When I had little opportunity to be en femme, the more I wanted to dress. Of course, the amount of leisure time was minimal. The most time I could get was time when I took a sick day/therapy day from work. Getting dressed for an hour or two just was a waste of time. Now that I am retired and my wife still works I have ample time to dress. Sometimes I will dress five days a week for seven plus hours a day. But, I've actually cut down on my en femme time because I have other interests also. Some of those interests preclude being dressed, but, others do not conflict with dressing.

The desire to dress causes stress when you cannot dress. It is self feeding. Once you can dress whenever you desire, you may actually decrease dressing.

It definitely seems to be addicting. When I first started dressing it was only once or twice a week. Then it slowly became more and more. Now I dress as frequently as possible and for as long as I can.
    ~~Melissa~~

Tara-mxy,

your post really leaves me feeling pained and sad. It seems such an awful shame to me that you have gone through such trouble.

I watched my brother go through a divorce to the most awful wife imaginable. From the outset, she expected a divorce and half of his money. She got what she expected.

You can find that the mind is very powerful in its expectations. Whatever you believe has a strong tendency to come to pass.

I don't know what clicked in me a couple years ago, but somehow it did. I just KNEW I didn't care anymore... any new friends I was going to make were going to see me dressed however the heck I wanted to be. Nobody could blackmail me, because everybody I cared about knew who I was. Period.

And since there is no "other" me than my truthful self, be it dressed or drab, nobody can hold anything against me in any way, because there is no lie to expose and no alternate self to betray.

I am me. I think we all should be like this.

The best way to keep anyone from mistreating you, blackmailing you, or betraying your trust is to keep all the chips in your hand. You only give them to those who deserve it, and everyone else can just go f*k themselves.

Gold Member
    It is natural to start to do something and then want to do it more. This applies to people in general on just about anything we might try and like. So you can add our feelings on crossdressing as a multiplier for many of us. It is okay to go with this to a point. As said above, life is about balance. It isn't just balance of dressing time. It is the balance in everything we do. So it is okay and probably very good to move forward with more activity as long as it fits into your life well. If it doesn't, then it is time to look to see if something else can reasonably go or if you hit your limit. Enjoy!

oh ya sounds like this could get out of control, now if there is just you, go for it. If this is something that could affect someone else in a not so positive way then better take a real good look at what you want in life, and oh yes if you have someone that you truly love, hopefully that love will keep everything in balance. Like i say if there is just you, no none being deceived or hurt, the sky is the limit

Aspiring Member
    It is incredibly addictive, time consuming & can get out of control. I took a break for about six weeks last year just to keep things in check & I suppose, as a test of self control.
    I love it though & it makes me feel happy, so now I just dress when I feel the need unless work gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by darci.c View Post

I am me. I think we all should be like this.

The best way to keep anyone from mistreating you, blackmailing you, or betraying your trust is to keep all the chips in your hand. You only give them to those who deserve it, and everyone else can just go f*k themselves.
    I love this! So true! Sometimes it takes time, pain and a few other things to figure this out though.

Just a question. As I am trying to understand why so many men like to cross dress? How did it start and how does it make you feel? What is your main reasoning behind it? I have recently found out my bf has a CD fetish so looking to get some more understanding on the subject.

Thank you! =)

well justagirl... it started with me sometime around age 5. i already had a sense that i wasn't supposed to wear girls clothes, but i wanted to anyway.

when i looked in the mirror i didn't like what looked back at me, body-wise. it only got worse as i got older.

for me it's not so much related to a fetish or sexuality as much as it is feeling comfortable in my own skin.

Oh Yeah! That's the way I feel about playing ice hockey.... Which at least my wife approves of... Kind of... Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by justagirl89 View Post
    Just a question. As I am trying to understand why so many men like to cross dress? How did it start and how does it make you feel? What is your main reasoning behind it? I have recently found out my bf has a CD fetish so looking to get some more understanding on the subject.

Thank you! =)
    Actually "we" don't understand why! It's the unanswerable question... That's why I just accepted it and moved on..
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It is like a addiction, Some can control it and others end up transitioning.

Thank you! =)
    You should make a new post for this question.

Hugs,
    Kristy

Addictive? Yes, I'd definitely agree. But this thread has reminded me of something I was thinking about recently: the very need that some of us feel to try and control our "addiction" is in itself such an awful nuisance.

Suppose your average GG was told, "Right, now you're going to have to be a man 4 hours a day this week." Or your average guy is told, "This is your weekend to be a girl." I'm not sure how they'd take that.

Wouldn't it be nice for us TG's if we could be ourselves all the time? Today I feel like being a girl, so I'll be a girl. Well, I went to work as a girl today, I really think I'll go into boy-mode this evening. You could change your self-expression, your appearance daily, maybe even hourly, just depending on how you feel, and nobody would think a thing about it.

It's one thing that aggravates me about the situation: we do often find ourselves getting "addicted", or needing to impose restraints, or trying to control things, when "normal" people never have to face this sort of problem. If we could always be ourselves, questions like this wouldn't arise for us, either.

Am I saying, "Boo-hoo, life isn't fair"? I suppose I am.

addictive for sure, I'm in the same boat as you. the more I dress, the more I want to. I get to dress almost daily now, at least at night, WOW what a feeling I LOVE IT
    Forever in Lace

Banned Read only
    For me I would not say it is addictive. It is just part of me. I do find that in addition to the feeling of peace I get, there is an element of the challenge of passing that makes me want to be "better" and hence, practice makes perfect (I hope). I don't need to dress everyday, but I told my wife that once or twice a week is what I feel I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Actually "we" don't understand why! It's the unanswerable question... That's why I just accepted it and moved on..
    This is the key. I have done the same recently.

Banned Read only
    Girl, remember there is a whole spectrum within crossdressing. One size does not fit all. The best thing you can do is talk to your BF, in gory detail, and understand his version of cross dressing. You may or may not be able to accept it, but you will at least know where you both stand. Good luck

Platinum Member
    I fought the desire to dress for much of my life, with intermittent success and failures. I don't know that the desire itself has changed all that much, but certainly the opportunity has. So, when the last of the girls moved on to college, I was free to begin dressing pretty much at will. For me, that really reflects the situation - not a growing addiction, but rather the same level of interest, need or whatever, but much expanded opportunity.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    The power of endorphins.

and from Darc.c:

"And since there is no "other" me than my truthful self, be it dressed or drab, nobody can hold anything against me in any way, because there is no lie to expose and no alternate self to betray."

Her comment says it all.

If you can't be true to yourself then there can't be any honesty.

I do sometimes feel like it is an addiction. When I was a teen, I would go a long time without thinking about it and was happy to sneak into a pair of panty hose every once in a while. Now I get very antsy if I don't completely dress once a month. And going longer than three months is probably impossible. Even when I'm not dressing, I'm visiting CD websites almost every day. The escalation does seem a bit like upping the ante to try to reclaim that "initial high."

The question is, am I better off now than before? I certainly appreciate not having the guilt and not having to hide from my wife anymore. However, I do sometimes struggle with the CDing intruding on time that should be spent doing work and being with family.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazity View Post
    ....the more I do it the more I want to...
    I guess that makes you..........one of us.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post

The desire to dress causes stress when you cannot dress. It is self feeding. Once you can dress whenever you desire, you may actually decrease dressing.

This is so true. But when you never have the opportunity to do so, it does cause a lot of stress.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I do not think of it as an addiction, per se, but something that I really enjoy doing. Now that I work from home, I'm able to dress most everyday so the novelty has worn off. Last October started going out, which is just an unbelievable feeling and that is something that can become addictive.