Thread: Practical? Probably not; Pleasurable? Certainly!

Practical? Probably not; Pleasurable? Certainly!

I am working from home today and am spending my time en femme. I have been needing to do some maintenance inside the house, replace some trim, paint, etc. So, I decided to do it as Molly! Wearing a denim skirt, pull over top, hose, heels, bra, forms, etc Molly went to work. Break out the miter saw, cut the trim, nail it up, caulk and paint!
    I thought to myself that my attire was not real practical for what I was doing, it is pleasurable to spend time as Molly, then I realized that while at my height of 5'5" it is difficult for me to reach the top of the door trim and drive a nail, with my heels on I could reach it well enough to do the job. Hmmm, maybe it is practical!

Hugs,
    Molly

Sounds all too much like a good way to run my hose and ruin my heels, but I guess that's just me!
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Platinum Member
    Molly, I work from home too...here in Houston! I don't generally wear male attire, even for household chores, but I draw the line at wearing skirts and heels for household chores.

Silver Member
    with my heels on I could reach it well enough to do the job. Hmmm, maybe it is practical!
    Hmmm - Jimmy Choo workboots?

Lea

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Sounds all too much like a good way to run my hose and ruin my heels, but I guess that's just me!
    Nope. It's not just you. It's me, too!

I do work in flats, but it takes a pretty nasty job to make me rethink the denim skirt. Years ago in high school I worked at woolen mill in Maine as an apprentice fixer (Brooks Woolen: "from ewe to you")
    Every woman in the shop wore a long denim/duck/canvas skirt. W3 looms lose there timing when the power dips and throw a shuttle across the room. these are 10" long brass tipped oak darts. you see old weavers instictively hit the floor when the lights flicker. you get hit by a shuttle while wearing a loose skirt,the shuttle is caught and sometimes deflected. you get hit with a shuttle wearing jeans and its a straight impact.
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 01-09-2012 at 06:04 PM.

I know that high heeled hiking and workboots exist 'cause I have some!

So I Googled "high heeled work boots" and a couple of pairs came up. Each woman has to decide for herself which is more practical for the job she has in mind.

"If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

i'll take the ones on the left!!!!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-10-2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: no need to quote the whole of the previous post
    "To thine own self be true"

Hi,

Molly As a safety officer you know i cant let you dress in such a way that could cause you to hurt your self , in code section no 588890 you know what it says.........Dress appropratly

Gee these do it your selfers,......D I Y'ers,

Even as a woman im not allowed to dress in ummm none work mode.

Hope its all going well for you .

...noeleena...

LOL, Molly I can completely relate to this. I do it all the time, sans the heels anymore. I ususally just wear leggings and flat sandals. I do not know how women with long hair can stand having to keep pushing it back. Talk about a loss of time. I do know why women like short hair. I do not envy women with big breasts having to try to physical work. They always seem to be in the way, don't they? lol And of course, I love it all.

Thanks all for looking. Most of my dressing is around the house and when I am alone. Usually due to time constraints I remain very casual, wearing panties, bra and forms. Maybe a skirt, often pants. I don't always wear heels, usually something low. Just a casual, around the house femme look. But, on the day in question I had not worn hip pads, hose or heels in a while and really wanted to be a little more dressed up. So, not to be deterred by the work to be done I combined a little pleasure with the tasks at hand. I loved the feel but I will admit it a little over the norm and not what a gg would likely do. I know my wife would be in her "grubbies" lest she ruin her good clothes.
    By the way, I did paint two doors and all the trim and got nary of drop on my clothes, something that has rarely happened in guy mode.

Hugs,
    Molly

A cute set of denim overalls and a blouse should fit the bill. There's a wonderful show on HGTV I think with a female host who is fantastic. Plumbing, getting in crawl spaces, elaborate trim work, jackhammers- she takes it all on!

Did Molly attend a trade school?

Lots of my work clothes tend to the 'unisex' look, not sure why. I do have heavy boots in girl's size- and most work gloves in a female medium or large (i have small hands). I'll wear a skirt or a dress sometimes for small around the house jobs- indoors, like painting/plastering, clean/fix the stove or fridge, tile work.
    My favorite tool is a set of 12v lithium ion drill / impact driver, excellent torque and battery life- but small and relatively light- does not require heavy muscle! Who knew my accessory selection would run to power tools as well? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Wells View Post
    I am working from home today and am spending my time en femme. I have been needing to do some maintenance inside the house, replace some trim, paint, etc. So, I decided to do it as Molly! Wearing a denim skirt, pull over top, hose, heels, bra, forms, etc Molly went to work. Break out the miter saw, cut the trim, nail it up, caulk and paint!
    I thought to myself that my attire was not real practical for what I was doing, it is pleasurable to spend time as Molly, then I realized that while at my height of 5'5" it is difficult for me to reach the top of the door trim and drive a nail, with my heels on I could reach it well enough to do the job. Hmmm, maybe it is practical!

Hugs,
    Molly
    There's no reason Molly cannot be a carpenter, painter, electrician, etc., but in the "real world", she would not be wearing heels and panty hose. She would, of course, be wearing a bra and panties, but jeans and a T shirt or work shirt, work shoes or sneakers, and if her hair was long, it would be in a pony tail.

Just an afterthought: I make it a point to not use my power tools (other than say, a drill or screwdriver) when dressed or underdressed, because If I had a serious accident, I wouldn't wand to have to worry about changing (if I could) before calling for help.
    Last edited by linda allen; 01-11-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    I do chores like that all the time as Victoria. Sometiimes I wear a jean skirt, sometimes womens jeans. I tried doing some work in heels once and I nearly had a bad accident. You don't have to wear hose and heels to look and feel feminine. I love my capris and flat sandles for gardening.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I have to agree with the above statement

Being 5'6" myself I can appreciate your comment about the heels helping you reach things, but for me I'd just much rather wear flats/sneakers and use my stable, sturdy step stool.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Forget about getting a run in your hose or scuffing your heels, you could break a nail or ruin you polish...

Banned Read only
    I've never done house work while dress, but I have on occasion done some house cleaning as a girl.

Since circa 2004 I do my housework totally enfemme, usually flats, shorts, bra, panties, and a top, and I always wear lipstick, if not more makeup, I wear a blonde wig also.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Climbing a ladder in heels can be dangerous.
    Walking in the snow in heels is stupid.
    But it can be an advantage to have a couple of extra inches in height to look over the fence.
    You can get busted wearing heels and looking over the fence.
    Especially when the mailman comes and pops a letter in the box at EYE LEVEL.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.