Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you like more dressing sexy or comfortably...

Platinum Member
    For me, the key is to downplay the male attributes and accentuate the feminine. I don't go overtly sexual, but I strive for both a shape and style that look feminine. But I also think about the setting. If I'm going to the mall, I'll dress differently than when I'm going out for dinner or drinks. If I feel that I look good - or at least presentable.

I just bought some sweats. Decidedly feminine ones (oh so cute & stylish) but sweats nonetheless.

So where do I turn in my card?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

People on this MB tend to equate sexy with tight tops, short skirts and ultra high heels. Not really so in the world of gg's. I have seen many women who are ultra sexy in jeans and a nice top. Women know how to accessorize to bring out their best attributes when dressing casually.

For me, I would not call my appearance sexy at all. I always go for a classy look. I believe that with the right accessories, I can present as classy in anything from a sweatsuit, jeans, skirts, or dresses. It depends upon the occasion and the situation.

It is how you put the outfit together and how you present yourself.

And Sara, don't worry, I don't think you have to turn in your card.

I don't really express my style in terms of sexy or comfortable, I express it in terms of being feminine and expressing femininity. Of course I just love to wear hose, heels and dresses or skirts, but I also want to fit in and not stand out in the crowd. The longer I have been Nicole, and the more that I go out, the more I tend to emulate what other woman wear for a given activity. I tend to dress at the upper end of the scale so I never wear sweats or sneakers, I will instead, for example, wear a blouse or sweater, a pair of tailored slacks and flats when going for lunch or shopping. My favorite times are when I am going out for an evening and get to dress up a little bit. At these times, the heels come out, the dress gets a little tighter, lower cut and a little shorter and yes, I guess I do look and feel sexy. I also consider age appropriate attire essential and never try to wear what a 20 year old would wear or look good in.

I guess you can say that I dress like any other fashionable lady over 50 would dress.

Banned Read only
    Definitely sexy. I don't dress all the time, so when I do, I want to feel and look beautiful. After all, you know what they say, pain is beauty.

somewhat sexy depeds on the occasion. what I am doing etc..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Mostly for comfort. BUT....every now and then when I wear something special it's the best.
    Had that feeling a week ago. We went shopping and I bought a dress we had been looking at. It was reduced again so I bought it.
    A few days later I got all dolled up and wore it for some pictures in the house and I FELT SEXY! Love that dress.....

So mostly for comfort....but OH Wow those other times....!!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For me its about glamour and pain over feeling comfortable anytime, except nightime at the house.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I just bought some sweats. Decidedly feminine ones (oh so cute & stylish) but sweats nonetheless.

So where do I turn in my card?
    I guess I am in line behind you then. I am lounging around in a set relaxing after a fairly long work day.

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    I am also comfortable in a pair of tights and a sweater dress. I lounge around the house in tight fitting, flare leg yoga pants. All very comfortable, yet also sexy IMO.
    I couldn't agree more! I love the yoga pants!
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Since dressing for me is somewhat rare these days, I much prefer to spend the time dressing and feeling as sexy and glamorous as possible. Typically 5" heels, stockings and garterbelt or pantyhose depending on my mood; shaping lingerie, body hugging dress, and full makeup and jewelry.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I just want to do whatever girls do.

They have all the freedom to express themselves everyday however they want, and that's all I want.
    They make me jealous, so decided that I wanted to be just like them. No more explanation needed.

Curious Member GenderCurious Andrea's Avatar
    It's kinda funny I spend so much time and effort trying to look beautiful. But at the end of the day I'm happiest in a tank top and yoga pants or leggings, flats and long sweater...

it depends on if im cleaning the house or wanting to feel like im going to a club .......it doesnt matter either way i always feel comfortabile has a woman

It depends on my mood. Usually I like to wear casual comfortable clothes, but I do have my times where I want to put on some heels and something more dressy. Either way I'm dressed I feel good about myself.
    ~~Melissa~~

i prefer sexy, and almost always wear a corset and usually high heels when dressed. It's funny, though. With that said, i am in comfortable clothes at the moment.

Depends for me, a lot of the times i like to dress sexy and prettily. Yet there are times i like comfort also. Dressing in a simple sun dress or skirt/tank top makes me feel sexy yet comfortable while home.

Elana

Feeling comfortable is very important..but wearing the skirts a numberof times makes you feel comfortable in those sexy dresses.

Mostly comfort, since I spend all of my time when not at work as Katie, doing stuff around the house, seeing friends, just normal stuff, so I guess I just dress like a normal girl. That said, I can't bring myself to wear flats, I just love shoes (but what girl doesn't). For me the silhouette is important, I want to look curvy no matter what I'm wearing, and if I pull it off then that makes me feel sexy.
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Sexy and Glam for me. Spend to long in male suits to have it any other way.

I much rather dress it a little. I don't get dress very much ( 3 - 4 times per month if I'm lucky. I have some girly jeans and t-shirts but never seem to wear them unless I need to get my fix very quickly. I hate to cover up my legs and miss the chance to wear sexy stockings and a under the bust corset with six or eight stocking hooks. I love the way I feel when walking in all the get up. I also love creating mega cleavage. Even when people think I'm might be a man in woman clothing my legs look great ( women have told me ) and my breast looks very natural. I much rather dress up sexy.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    . I like to think that anything you would see in a 1940's movie is sexy enough for me. .
    If you like 1940's here the place you want to shop at
    http://www.shabbyapple.com/c-49-1943.aspx

I dress comfy more then sexy, perfer to just lay around in my comfy girl jeans and tank top, need to get myself a pair of yoga pants

Silver Member
    Really depends on my mood and what the occasion is---if I have a date or am going to a club, then sexy---if I'm going to the mall or something during the day---usually comfy wins out---although that doesn't always mean Im going to dress like Im going to wash the car--lol---an attractive top, longish but slightly tight skirt and moderate heels will do it---other times girl jeans and boots
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    It used to be sexy, but as I've gotten older it has progressed to comfort. I wear pretty clothes and love silk, but the tight fitting skirts and dresses have given way to shorts and slacks. I just dress for my age.