Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you like more dressing sexy or comfortably...

Curious Member GenderCurious Andrea's Avatar

What do you like more dressing sexy or comfortably...

There is kind of a fine line between dressing to be comfortable and dressing to feel sexy or beautiful. Not that I don't feel comfortable in 5 inch heel or sexy in fuzzy slippers. But I can't figure out what I enjoy more. If you had to chose between the two which would you prefer? And what brand-names or styles best fit your dressing agenda?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I dress to look somewhat feminine, and to be comfortable. In all the years that I have been crossdressing I can't remember ever dressing to really look sexy! I just like to wear feminine clothes, not to be a woman!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Actually sexy is comfortable for me, but I know what you meant and wearing nondescript, baggy, clothing is pretty much how guys dress normally so.....no I dress to look sexy (and often I dress in male things that women may find sexy...not hole-ly sweats or baggy droopy pants)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My style follows what women wear for whatever the occasion is. That's a happy place for me once I take the male libido equation out of the picture .
    I have a fetish side.....something I had to address in order to understand myself after 10 years of denial. Once I finally separated the fetish side from my female identity side, I changed. Dividing the male libido from my true girl self was the best thing I ever did........kind of weird, eh?
    Nah, I'm just jealous of women and how they freely express themselves without constraint. I want to be like them.

I go with more what I would call glamor dressing. Yes I wear heels and hose, but no higher than 4" or so for heels and no fish-nets. I do like seams though! I wear low cut blouses, and fake pretty good cleavage, but it's still PG rated. I like to think that anything you would see in a 1940's movie is sexy enough for me. And I'm not interested in a nice pair of slacks , penny loafers and a oversized sweater! If I want comfort, I got jeans and T-shirts in boy mode for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a leg man, always have been. I love miniskirts, I think they're sexy! My age is the downside for wearing them. In the house I will wear them.

I'm building up a more casual age appropriate wardrobe for walking out the door soon (I hope).

Silver Member
    OMG, I dress for comfort.

S

Quote Originally Posted by GenderCurious Andrea View Post
    If you had to chose between the two which would you prefer?
    I'm very glad that I don't have to choose. I dress for the occasion. Holiday party = sexy. Shopping = comfy and convenient.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Neither really, more for what me makes me look or feel more female. I'll put up with discomfort if I think it works better, and it sometimes involves emphasizing a bodily feature or showing more flesh, so being sexy is an part of it I suppose. I'm experimenting with various looks, finding out what works best for me. I'm like you Marleena, my aim is to go public at some stage, so I'm looking for an age appropriate look.
    L’imagination au pouvoir!

Since I was born sexy, I dress to be ME!!!!!! hUGS!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    I prefer to dress "passably". Sexy is nice,but I'd never pass that way. Nordstom's kind of describes my style. But, to each his own.

I suppose for me its a little of both. My favorite outfit around the house is a tank top and sports bra, with a pair of capri sweats. She always makes fun of me saying that I look like a wannabe yoga instructor HAHA all in good fun I can't say she isn't right even though I feel a bit sexy
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

I like both to be fair.
    But if Im dressing comfortably, I need to feel as pretty as I do when Im dressed a little more sexy.
    Not that I even dress overtly sexy, I just wear what makes me feel good, sometimes its a short skirt and blouse, sometimes a dress, sometimes a skinny tshirt and jeans.
    Meh, its all good : )
    Samantha -x-

I enjoy dressing sexy more. Sometimes my pumps aren't comfortable but I like the way it makes me feel. Other than that everything else is kind of attention getting and I can get used to both the attention and the confortablility(leggings, skirts, etc.)
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Once I finally separated the fetish side from my female identity side, I changed.
    Me too, I also had a fetish side to dressing that I separated.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    For me, dressing is NOT about comfort! The more uncomfortable I am, the more I usually like what I see in the mirror! When I want comfort, NOTHING beats my drab rags!

Of course, when I choose an outfit to wear ALL DAY at the SCC, I can't have blisters on my feet by noon. Or, to walk around like a hooker while everyone else is dressed semi casual and/or like The OC soccer moms!
    So, I compromise! Which is what girls that go out often USUALLY DO! Yuck!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by GenderCurious Andrea View Post
    There is kind of a fine line between dressing to be comfortable and dressing to feel sexy or beautiful. Not that I don't feel comfortable in 5 inch heel or sexy in fuzzy slippers. But I can't figure out what I enjoy more. If you had to chose between the two which would you prefer? And what brand-names or styles best fit your dressing agenda?
    Oh what a can-o-worms this question is... :-)

Right now- slim stretch jeans- nice white cotton blouse- oversized mens shirt style with feminine touches (nice name brand), dark red toenails, long cotton or acrylic sweater if i get chilly... very comfy.
    Some other day: corset, 60+-minute makeup, high or tight hells or boots- very sexy dress- not very comfortable, physically, but emotionally, it feels good.

This is a good question, but just like every girl who posts messages here- there is no one single answer- just like no ggirl dresses one single way. I worked with a 30 year old- kind of a princess- always bought sexy costumes for Halloween parties- dressed nicely but slinky at the office holiday parties- she used to come into work wearing pajama-jeans, before they were invented! she was definately a comfy-girl if she was not going out. But then, she was rather a lazy worker too. On the other hand, a 20 something ggirl at the same place- dressed nicer for work, the occasional pantsuit, did not dress as nice for her parties or events (plenty of pix to document both), but her style was much more consistant- as was her work.

My personal goal is to find sexy, good looking clothes that fit well and I feel really comfortable in- even to the point of buying a similar style dress or skirt (something cheaper) and wearing it a lot in situations (not in public though) where i normally would not, in order to get used to the feeling and moving in that kind of outfit.

Brand name? Not sure- I have a few Tadashi dresses, Tahari and Anne Klein and nine west dresses and suits, some recent vintage Banana Republic silk sheath type dresses.

Anything somewhat upscale- macy's, L&T, nordstrom, the brands they might carry. I know it's a little generic, but i like the idea of going with something somebody has put together somewhere as an option for a style- Feels a little feminine to conform to the powers that be of design for the season. I'm not above tossing on a black skirtsuit jacket over a sleeveless black polka dotted dress to stay warm though- my wife is regularly surprised by my fashion successes (i also have enough mistakes too, which she thankfully does not bring up too often!) she regularly consults my opinion on new combos she tries- often right before she walks out the door- i take that as pretty trusting.

Sometimes being married to a crossdresser has real benefits. it's neat how they can become so 'normal' to our everyday life. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    I go with more what I would call glamor dressing. Yes I wear heels and hose, but no higher than 4" or so for heels and no fish-nets. I do like seams though! I wear low cut blouses, and fake pretty good cleavage, but it's still PG rated. I like to think that anything you would see in a 1940's movie is sexy enough for me. And I'm not interested in a nice pair of slacks , penny loafers and a oversized sweater! If I want comfort, I got jeans and T-shirts in boy mode for that.
    I totally agree. I do not own one pair of jeans or any kind of pant in women's. I find that I wear them enough as a man that I would just rather prefer to wear dresses. I don't have many skirts or tops, but I love them anyways!!

Kristen~~

Sexy over comfort for me, for sure. If I don't have heels, thigh highs and a bustier on then it doesn't even feel like crossdressing. That's just me, anyway...

Depends on my mood I guess - though lately comfort has been more the priority. I don't feel particularly attractive en femme or en drab until I lose some weight.
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)

I dress with class with a touch of sexy .

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    OMG, I dress for comfort.

S
    Me too, I wear dresses because they are comfortable for me.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    It's a mix of both for me. I love wearing miniskirts, which I think are very comfortable and sexy. I wear satin bikini panties that are far more comfortable than my old male underwear...oh yeah, and just a little bit sexier! I had a medical procedure the other week and it made me realize how uncomfortable my old male underwear is. I am also comfortable in a pair of tights and a sweater dress. I lounge around the house in tight fitting, flare leg yoga pants. All very comfortable, yet also sexy IMO.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I'd say a little bit of both. I really like my girly jeans ( sorry, Karren) with ballet flats and a comfy tunic, but I also am quite at home in a form fitting skirt or dress and a pair of 5" pumps. I guess the way I dress depends on the weather and how I feel that day.

I dress as womanly as possible, I guess that implies sexy also, which is fine with me. Comfort is a priority also, but the look comes first.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud