Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: have you tried on anything feminine while shopping in public en-drab (not while CD)?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda456 View Post
    I have done it too. The first time or two is a bit nerve wracking, but after that it is fun.
    OMG, +1! I have shopped and tried on at the Goodwill and Salvation Army Thrift stores - not exactly Macy's! But I've also shopped and tried on post-New Year's party dresses on sale (!) (I didn't find a one, I don't understand who they make those dresses for!) Marshall's, Ross Dress for Less, Dillard's Outlet, underwear and sleepwear at WalMart (love the "support/shaper" stuff there - great selection, they know their clientele) . Oh, and I shop women's shoes at, well at most places - but I like the selection and brands at DFW Shoe Warehouse, SteinMart, and I love Shoe Carnival because they always carry size 12 shoes and boots, god love em. 9 West doesn't even make anything bigger than a 10 (!!!!!!!)

Kisses! KM

Lord yes; something like a hundred times! I used to really worry about it when I was a teenager and first shopping on my own (never forget buying my first bra at Sears!) but I finally just started shopping and trying things on like I belong there and it seems to work fine.

All the time. Nearly everything I have bought from the women's section was tried on in the store, having been shopping in clothes bought in the men's section. Only once did I get a significant reaction, and that was when I was trying on a little blue dress.

I've tried on shoes at Payless, seems to be the only place with my size. I've taken things to dressing rooms before, but usually don't go out of the stall. would some day love to go into the dressing room drab and come out dressed and say "I'll wear it home"!

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristi, Shoes, jacket blazers, bracelets and wigs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have tried on girl's clothes while en drab a couple of times in the last couple of months. One time I was looking at clothes in Maurices and had picked out a dress and a SA came over and asked if I wanted her to start me a dressing room. I said yes and she took the dress to the dressing room. I picked a couple of other items and went to the dressing room and tried them on. She had written my name on the board outside the room (so girly). The other time I was in a Dot's store and had picked out a skirt and blouse the SA asked if I wanted to try it on. I went into the dressing room and put it on and came out to get her opinion. She said it was cute and never batted an eye. Hugs Riki

Shopping in public and taking it to the dressing room? Let me think. Kohls, Sears, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, Stein Mart, K Mart, TJ Maxx, Target, Macy's, Sports Authority, Nordstrom's Rack, Payless, DSW, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Maurice's. I usually find what I want, take it to the dressing room and try it on. It's it's really girly, I'll pick up a men's shirt and hide the girly stuff under it as I make my way to the dressing room. If the dressing rooms are monitored, I'll mix in some guy stuff, but all the monitors really want is a count. They rarely check out what I'm bring in.

Some unusual experiences. At one Nordstrom Rack, one shoe was out. You had to get to the shoe counter to pick up its mate. I did. I was there for a special large size shoe sale. I was more afraid of the other customers than the SAs. Who want to stand between a tall or large woman and some cute shoes? I did find a pair of size 11 boots there one time. I always keep a pair of nylon knee highs in my car for just such an emergency. I found a quite place to pull on the boots, and pulled my pants down over them so they looked kind of like guy shoes while I walked around and checked out the fit.

The time I went to Maurice's in Denver, they stayed open late for a gurls private shopping party.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD View Post
    Indeed I have, at Dress Barn. I tried on several outfits with the assistance of the store manager. She was very helpful, bringing me blouses and skirts to try on and then step out of the dressing room to let her see how they fit and look for more tops. It was a dream come true.
    Colleen
    I went to Dress Bard once en femme, and was treated great. Sunday, I went en drab. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me use the dressing rooms until close to closing after all the GGs had left. But I still got the royal SA treatment, and got some very cute stuff for cheap. I tried on this silver/gray party dress, and the SA said, That looks really great on you. You just have to buy it, even if you don't get anything else. It was probably part of her sales pitch, but she made it so fun. Yes, I bought it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    The first, and thus far, only, outfit I have bought. Was working at Wal-Mart, and made good friends with the girls who worked the clothing department. One day, got the nerve to ask them for help, and revealed who/what I am. Fortunately, the main girl (highest ranked, or whatever) was the one to pick out the clothes, and demanded I show myself to the three girls, in order that I pass inspection. And... Yeah, ended up working out, and bought the clothes.

yes i have tried on in the mens area and in front of others right on the floor.
    no problem for me if someone was to say "excuse me" i would just say good by. if a sa had this problem i would ask to see the manager on duty.
    but i guess i have been blessed on this level, as i have had other lady's say that they look good on me (shoes).
    i am lucky i tend to have good taste in clothing. most of the time i get it right. and my mom has taught me how to shop for bargains. even a intersting way to get a discount...at times.
    love to shop...just need new credit cards as my are full now.

not done this as yet, but might be brave enough one day

In drab I have been to all of the major stores and consignment shops. I have tried on every item and many of the stores will alllow me to use the ladies dressing rooms I have never had a problem and I have had SA's bring the clothes to the dressing room for me. As long as you are nice and focused on what you are there for the stores will help you. I have walked in womens shoes at Macys behind the counter and they could see that I was wearing pantyhose. They were very nice. I have asked the clerk if I can go into the dressing room so that I can wear my new pantyhose home and I have never had any issues. Consignment shops are one of my favorite places for dressing. You do get looks from the other women shopping but that just makes it more fun. The clerks at Macys are very nice and they will help me find the color pantys that I want and the right bra size.I was even given hints on how to prevent runs in the pantyhose. (wash first it tightens the fabric) On my next shopping trip I will go into VS and tell them that I am shopping from myself and not a fictional girl friend. That should be interesting
    Just let the woman inside of you tell you how to act and it will be as easy as a GG going into the womens departments. Good Luck on your next shopping adventure
    Last edited by Rebecca W.; 01-20-2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: spelling

I have done it many times. It is no big deal. Shopping at The Avenue and Dress Barn have normally been very positive experiences. Normally, if you admit that you are shopping for yourself, you will know immediately whether the SA is uncomfortable with it. For me, that has happened only twice. More often, the SAs have brought more clothes to me while I was in the dressing room. Sometimes, I have stepped out and used the 3-way mirror. I am embarrassed and awkward. Normally, I will not come out if some other customer is around. However, a few times, I have walked out into the store to model what I was wearing to the SAs. Normally, I have done that when I walked into the store as a man in a skirt. I have occasionally received a compliment on my outfit from a customer.

Don't dream it, be it. SweetTransvestite's Avatar
    Oh it's the only way I've done it in Goodwill-I spent hours at one week ago. Jeans, skirts, and shorts mainly.

It's cool too cause on two occasions I haven't been alone.
    Last edited by SweetTransvestite; 01-20-2012 at 02:21 PM.

I have shopped in many places over the years, both in drab and dressed. I have never had any real problems. I like Dress Barn the best. One time I went in drab looking for a fancy outfit for a ball. I told the sales girl that it was for me and she was so helpful. She asked if I wanted to try it on and I said yes. It was perfect and it was on clearance to boot. At checkout she gave me a invite card to bring friends for a shopping party. She was a great sales person. I like shopping dressed better, but don't always have the chance. I think it is getting more and more accepted for a man to shop for women's clothes at least from what i have experienced.

Your Terri

Yes, I try on shoes when I'm in drab. Love the thrill of finding something sexy and fits.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

I now go out enfemme

to do my shopping. But I am still to shy to try things on while in drab. In fact I did a bunch of shopping enfemme yesterday. But just can't do it while dressed as a guy. I did try on some shoes once in a Payless. In fact it was a bogo day so I got 2 pairs and of course the SA was real nice and said they were cute shoes.

Jeans, all the time, went to the dressing room, just brought two pairs up to the sales girl at Banana Rep. and bought the womans pair after a short decision. It was obvious she knew what she was selling me, no problem...........and they fit great(guys jeans make me look like saggy butt bags).
    [SIGPIC]

Oh yeah. But only like unisex stuff - jeans, T-shirts and what have you. Wouldn't try on a bra in public, not yet anyway. If I'm challenged I usually plead ignorance. These are girl's jeans, oh I didn't know. This is the age of the metrosexual after all. Am not at the stage where I can fully admit my leanings. It's a bit like buying sexy underwear, St Valentine's Day coming up, perfect time, It's a present for your girlfriend. By the way I hear they have men's lines in eyeliner and mascara now, useful for the more shy transgender person.
    L’imagination au pouvoir!

I've gotten tired of getting home and finding that things don't fit. Kohls and JC Penney have unattended dressing rooms, so it is easy enough to take a skirt or dress into them to try on.

It is funny that I'm MORE comfortable in such a store completely dressed as a woman than I am as a guy trying to 'sneak' things into the changing room and feeling like everybody is looking at me when I'm browsing through the women's racks.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

For the moment I only go shopping drab. Last time I was wearing a suit with a coat, a quite masculine outfit.. And then I was trying cute ladies coats in the middle of the crowd, during the sales. I got a few looks but benevolent ones. Then I asked the SA if they had a shorter size. She asked if it was for me and said that it was a women's coat. I said yes, I know with a smile. Everything went fine, I bought the coat, its size is perfect finally.

I realized it's sometimes even better to try clothes directly in the shop if you find a mirror somewhere with nice clothes around and you have the space to move around, try different clothes, vary the distances. On the contrary in a cabin you have a close look but cannot see from a distance.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    So many times I wouldn't hazard to count. I have also done it enfemme as many times. I am a bit of a shop a holic but don't necessarily buy a lot of things, just shoes mostly. I have 6 dresses,8 skirts and so many cute tops I can't tell you how many. I also have my 70+ pair of shoes, a girl can never have too many shoes. I have maybe 30 bras but most I never wear anymore so I really should donate them, mostly 38B and C padded bras and I really only like non padded, anyone interested you can PM me and I'll ship them to you.
    I want to be this girl!

Doesn't matter much whether I've started the day in pants or a skirt I am still obviously me. I have found it so much easier to try it on at the store than go through the return headache. Other than one bad incident at a Sears many years ago I haven't had any issues (their fault I think since I asked first.) All of the places I have shopped so far have had male and female rooms or unisex. I just take what I want to the mens side and don't worry it.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I've gotten tired of getting home and finding that things don't fit. Kohls and JC Penney have unattended dressing rooms, so it is easy enough to take a skirt or dress into them to try on.

It is funny that I'm MORE comfortable in such a store completely dressed as a woman than I am as a guy trying to 'sneak' things into the changing room and feeling like everybody is looking at me when I'm browsing through the women's racks.
    Cristi, I agree with you! I shop at Penneys and Sears all the time in drab and just grab the items and head over to the male dressing rooms.....good exercise... Have never had a problem.

Now, the other night I went out en femme to the mall for the first time ever!... Once I got into the store (Sears) and relaxed a bit I noticed how much easier it was to browse in the women's section when dressed. I felt so at ease. It was a wonderful experience I hope to more often in the future.

I have never tried anything on in the store. Had to return items many times. Although reading these posts has given me some encouragement to try it. Great thread.

LIke many others, I have tried on anything they had for sale. I got tired of bringing something home and finding out the fit was less than optimal. Now, I just browse the woman's section and try on what ever hits me that day, jeans, tops, skirts or dresses. I have also learned from my GG relations that to go shopping does not always mean you will buy something. Most trips to the store have just been to see the new styles and what I think about how they look on me. It is great fun and no one this century has given me a hard time. This was not always the case...