Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: have you tried on anything feminine while shopping in public en-drab (not while CD)?

I always shop in drab. I have tried on many different items in several different stores and have used the mens dressing room at some and have used the ladies dressing room in most. There have also been times when I shopped with my wife for both of us and we have shared the same dressing room on ocassion. I also try on shoes in the warehouse type shoe stores with women all around. I have had some fantastic experiences and have met some wonderful people while doing all of this. I have posted several of my shopping excursions here in the forum. Dont ever be timid when out shopping. It is soooo much fun and enjoyment.

yes i have tried on bras, skirts, blouses, boots, shoes etc.

never a problem

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

I have tried on shoes at Payless without a problem. If I go into a clothing store, I won't use the dressing rooms without asking. I do politely let the SA's know that I was planning on purchasing for myself and certainly do not want to cause an uproar, but would like to see if this particular item is a good fit. Most of the time, it is not a problem. I go about my business politely and discreetly, attempting to respect the establishment and their other customers.

If the store has dressing cubicles, for lack of a better word, in a separate room, I won't even ask, as that area may feel like a woman-only area to their other customers and, again, I do not want to cause a problem. Dressing rooms which are directly off of the main sales floor are OK as long as I ask first.

I always feel that if you respect the store and their other customers, they will respect you. Works best for me that way.

I've tried on shoes and jackets out in the open. I'm there to buy not waste my money on items that don't fit.

Miriam
    Well, not by myself. But having a supportive wife has its advantages. In stores with large, lightly guarded dressing rooms, we can take in items for both of us and try them on. Much more efficient than her having to come out and show me after each item, and a lot more fun. She actually initiated this the first time, and has made it a bit of a game each time.

Miriam

I almost always shop in drab because it's sometimes already a struggle to wriggle in and out of clothes without worrying about ruining my hair or getting makeup on the clothes.

there are often times, things a lady buys that can't be tried on in a public setting. LoL - even if some of them would be a fantasy come true. but, i try on women's shoes all the time, right in the department aisles. I've also tried on jackets/coats.
    when in doubt, smile

yes...............................

Often. Shoes, coats, jackets, cardigans, gloves, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I nearly always shop in drab and have never had any problems.

I have a few times at Ross and Goodwill. Never aproblem in either place

Yes! A cute little sweaterdress from Reitmans, The sales lady thought I was asking her to try it on until I clarified it... No issues. Slow day in the store, so that may have helped.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

I've yet to go out shopping dressed since moving, but I've bought quite a few things after trying them on in drab. One of the better experiences I have had was a few months ago at GAP buying jeans. One of the SA's came over and helped me find the right size and even asked if I was planning on wearing heels with them and found me a pair with a longer inseam!

Last week I went shopping in drab to look for some boots that I had seen on sale at the JCPenny's web site. A very friendly sales girl helped me find the two style of boots (one with heels) in my size 11. When I asked if it would be ok to try them on she said "sure you can" and then she disappeared. Which I thought was strange, but I think that's when her light bulb went on. Anyway, she was still very friendly and professional when I found her to pay for my boots. Still a nice shopping experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I've gotten tired of getting home and finding that things don't fit. Kohls and JC Penney have unattended dressing rooms, so it is easy enough to take a skirt or dress into them to try on.

It is funny that I'm MORE comfortable in such a store completely dressed as a woman than I am as a guy trying to 'sneak' things into the changing room and feeling like everybody is looking at me when I'm browsing through the women's racks.
    YES! That's my biggest problem: worrying about the other customers. Not that i'm that worried- i try going 1/2 before closing or right at opening sometimes, and have learned to never loook anyone in the eyes, yet still be polite. hmmm good question.. for a new thread...

Yes, when shopping at GW I take the clothes to the men's changing room. No one pays any attention.
    I believe I was a lesbian in a previous lifetime.

Definitely have. Starting when I was in my early teens. Used to go to the mall and try on clothes at Sears, Mervyn's , Shepler's, The Gap and basically anywhere I could get away with it. The hardest part is being confronted by a persistant sales lady and having to admit they are for me because I have no idea what sizes I wear. The reactions went from none all the way to negative. At one time I was actually at the counter ready to pay and was asked to leave by a store cop.