Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shaving legs?

shaving legs?

i want to shave my legs but i dont think i can, living in Queensland AUS its hot all the time lol wouldnt b able to handle wearing long pants all the time

Would you not agree that for that reason it is perfect for you to shave your legs? It is much cooler and you do not sweat as much.

Michelle

Banned Read only
    I had a friend who shaved his legs, he said it was because he did a lot of long distance biking. He claimed all the bikers, like Lance Armstrong, shaved their legs because when they get deep tissue massages it pulls the leg hairs. Don't know how true that is, he also said his any girlfriend he had enjoyed his smooth legs. Of course this will only work if you do, in fact, long distance biking and are in really good physical shape.

Nice reason Michelle. Thanks, I've been looking for something because I live in shorts all summer.
    Last edited by moondog; 01-12-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added text

yeh that is a good point michelle but see the problem is im in a small town and small minded town lol, ill be judged very neg and all my co-workers/friends/family will obivously notice :S

my gf wont mind abit she is very loving and supportive and im very thankful of that

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    I don't think anyone requires you to wear pants if you have shaved legs...

people really don't notice it, and if they do, they don't say anything.... In the couple times that people have said something (and they were only really close friends), i just use the biking excuse. which is true, i do compete in triathlons (at a local level), and both bikers and swimmers typically shave their legs. BTW you don't have to be super in shape to claim you bike or swim... everyone starts somewhere...

Truthfully i only worried about all this the first year that i had my legs shaved... the last few its not even something i ever think about when wearing shorts etc... you'll get used to it too once you realize it really isn't a big deal.

Hugs
    Kaylee

maybe i should start riding a bike lol. im not worried about the public just my close friends, like im a pretty hairy guy so friends would spot it in an instant

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    maybe i should start riding a bike lol. im not worried about the public just my close friends, like im a pretty hairy guy so friends would spot it in an instant
    That was and is still my excuse. The bonus is that when you actually do ride, it does great things for your legs. I have 2 very pretty 20 something daughters and they are jealous of MY legs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Consider shaving your leg (a delicious feeling) and responding to those that say anything with it is cooler in hot weather because the hair acts as an insulator. Suggest that they try it. Also, tell them that your GF thinks it is sexy and her opinion counts a lot.
    Laura

I'd move! The next best thing would be to crop your leg hair and bleach it blonde... Make it almost unnoticed under nylons. Yet you still look fuzzy enough in male shorts. Works for arms too. In the cooler months when you do wear long plant then wax your legs. The hair that comes back in thinner and finer... Makes for less work the next summer.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Tracy, just do it. If you don't like it, it will grow back...and when was the last time you looked to see if a mans legs were shaved?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    i want to shave my legs but i dont think i can, living in Queensland AUS its hot all the time lol wouldnt b able to handle wearing long pants all the time
    Exactly the reason I love being smooth....and hate the winter here when I have to wear pants and cover my legs. Of course I don't want it too hot either, makes it yucky in hose if it's too hot.
    Just do it...no one will care and it will feel so much nicer.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I shaved mine and not a single person has said a word about it, and I do wear shorts in the summer. I will say I did it in stages. First, I used clippers with a guard and reduced the length of the hair. Then gradually, I started shaving areas... knees, back of my calf, etc. Now, my legs are completely smooth and I just love how they look in hose or even bare in a skirt.

Arrow shaving legs?

Found this interesting?? WikiHow How to Be a Hairy Woman: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hairy-Woman
    I like smooth legs and also shave my arm pits, forearms and chest. I don't have a lot of hair on the areas other than my face so it is easy to maintain I remember my mother when she wore nylon stockings and a dress she didn't shave her legs, I thought that was strange at the time?

If you take notice while out many men shave their legs, dont think it is as taboo as it once was.

Early on i was apprehensive like you but now i am hooked on the feeling of having shaven legs...Way cool
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

a bit nutty
    A guy shaving his legs is only a problem if he's under suspicion already. People won't really talk other than to tease you a little initially and that's if they even notice. You can always ask why they've noticed and put them on the spot.

Just do it, I been shaving mine for years and wearing shorts the only one to say a thing is my wife
    mostly harmless

I shave my legs in the fall, winter and spring but not in the summer. I'm going to give it a try it this summer tho. I guess it depends also on the style of shorts or swim trunks that you wear. If you wear Bermuda Shorts or swim trunks then maybe it won't be so noticeable. Most of the hair on my lower legs wears away anyway because of the rubbing of the pants on my legs. Maybe a good tan will help hide the fact that you shave your legs.

Jessica

I wish I could shave my legs. Only done it a few times and I loved it, though the upkeep sucked.

Can't really do it, though. The wife would be suspicious.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Tracy, you said that people would notice if you shaved your legs. Are they really that observant?? If you think that they would notice, then start off by trimming everything back a little bit, chest, and arms also. Then in a couple of weeks trim a bit more, and so on until everything is short. Then shave the legs, no one will notice because it was not done in the extreme, of hairy today and bare tomorrow.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I think a lot of this is culturally based. Australia has a certain male culture that in the UK is as stereotyped as 'poms' are in Aussie land! Come back at me Tracy if you disagree!

You don't find many Greeks (a warm place) with shaved legs, nor Italy... France is a bit different but they just claim they are cyclists (Tour de France) - supports the National pride!

I can imagine Queensland being a little tricky... I haven't had many problems in the UK, but then when do we get the chance to wear shorts over here? And when we do all the women say... "cover them up, you look stupid!"... white exposed male hairy legs do not look good to many women! But in Queensland... hmmm!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I live in and live in shorts. Been shaving for years. No comments just a great felling having smooth legs. If you shave you will be hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I think a lot of this is culturally based. Australia has a certain male culture that in the UK is as stereotyped as 'poms' are in Aussie land! Come back at me Tracy if you disagree!

You don't find many Greeks (a warm place) with shaved legs, nor Italy... France is a bit different but they just claim they are cyclists (Tour de France) - supports the National pride!

I can imagine Queensland being a little tricky... I haven't had many problems in the UK, but then when do we get the chance to wear shorts over here? And when we do all the women say... "cover them up, you look stupid!"... white exposed male hairy legs do not look good to many women! But in Queensland... hmmm!
    yes i agree, i really like the idea of gradually trimming them then getting them waxed. im very tanned so it shouldnt look too bad lol
    mmm guess ill just take my time trimming and slowly over time making them shorter and shorter. Just got some new heels and instantly wanted to rush in and shave my legs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been shaving for about four years now at first I was a little apprehinsive,but to date no one has said anything. This past summer I began to wear pantyhose under my shorts. My wife didnt notice . we went shopping for the day,standing in line to purchase items no one ever acted as if they noticed. The trick is finding a brand and color that blends with your skin tone,the one I like is hue light support neud color. Have fun Tammy!
    The dress doe's not make the Man!

Banned Read only
    Men with legs shaved is quite common. In fact do some real looking and you'll notice Asian men have little hair, blondes have less noticeable hair. There is great variation. I have shaved for two years and I have received zero questions. Zero. It's nothing

Lots of great advice and plausible reasons to shave here! I started shaving my legs last year and was also a bit anxious about it. The only place anyone would see my legs would be the pool or the gym but no-one has seemed to notice or care. Also, I have a suspicion that anyone so 'masculine' as to think there's something wrong with men shaving their legs, would not want to admit they were looking at another guy's legs!