Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shaving legs?

Silver Member
    1. If you are an older person, you can use that as an excuse (hair really thins and slows as one ages and circulation decreases.)

2. You could claim to have a skin condition and it helps if you have them (make it unpleasant and they shouldn't press.)

3. You can try thinning the hair slowly over time and see what happens.

I keep my legs shaved year round, because I wear dresses quite often, and I need to be ready when the urge to put a dress on strikes. I dont care what what anybody thinks when they see my hairless legs.

Be your own person, and not the person everyone else wants you to be.

Shave the hair and don't care what anyone else thinks. If you want to use the heat as an excuse, then do so, and even trim the arm hair to prove the point.

However, shaving is a chore that needs maintaining constantly, because stubble is no fun, especially when rubbing legs with an SO.

No one has ever questioned me, not family, friends or the guys in the locker room at the gym. And swimming is a much cooler experience when one shaves. And don't forget your arm pits, definitely more comfortable in the heat.
    DonnaT

Years ago I used to shave through the summer. But because I mountain biked alot, no one questioned. My response, "Have you ever tried to clean a wound from dirt and rocks with hair?" In real life, shaved was the way to go if you knew at some point that you would wreck. Tanning helps too to cover up. Right now, I am happy to have shaved and wife acceptance. Problem, were going to FL in March and I would like some to grow back by than. My wife tells me it's okay, but I don't want my brother inlaw to be weirded out as I have a good relationship with him. But we'll see. This may be my first summer in many years that I attempt to not care anymore.

I try my best to keep mine shaved as they feel a lot better in pantyhose without any hair and look nicer and feel better overall with or without hose.. I only had one person, a GG, ever notice that my legs were shaved. She asked if I shaved my legs and I asked if she was checking me out and that ended that lol. I did however go a step further and explained that I have very light leg hair which thinking back I probably shouldn't have.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I shave my legs all the time. My hairy legs always itched at night resulting in poor sleep. So one day after a few drinks, I decided to just shave it off.
    At first, I tried to wear long pants to cover it in public, even on hot days. Finaly, I just gave up, and wore shorts. I think I had a few people look at me wondering about it, but no one said a word.
    The only people who gave me grief, were my co-workers but it wasn't being mean, just in fun. At first it bothered me but once I relaxed and threw them just as many punches as they threw at me, it became kind of a game. Which, in a fast paced, hot restaurant kitchen, is a good stress reliever.

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    Men with shaved legs is very common today. Just shave them. I go swimming, biking, alot of other things. People I know and work with who would be really uncomfortable knowing I crossdress, know I shave my legs and other parts of my body.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I can only echo the comments of others; started shaving over a year ago and I've had no funny looks, questions, etc and I DO love the feeling - and I wear shorts for most of the year.

My original reason/excuse was I started bike riding but you know what? I don't need that excuse anymore....

I am lucky I don't have to shave my legs.
    I got them singed in a cane fire years ago and they never grew back. legs got hot but no physical burning.
    Friends of mine shave their legs, they are bike riders and surfers that wear wet suits. It's like going out for the first time it gets easier after that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I get more comments over my earrings than my body hair..or lack thereof

no better feeling of nice smooth legs. i am lucky, don't have much body hair and what i have is light, so shaving legs for me is no problem and no one has ever commented on them either!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Shaved my legs for the first time roughly a year ago. Wore shorts all last summer at work, and no one noticed or said anything, but my daughter noticed. At that time I was not out to her, so I just told her that I hate hairy legs.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    I was a very hairy guy myself, and I just said screw it and took a razor to the knee. I shaved my legs, arms, pits, and even my chest. I can't reach my upper back, so this would take the help of someone else to do. I so plan to have that the hair in that area treated. It's funny that I was so worried about them being noticed. I've worn shorts since shaving my really hairy legs, and the only comments I got, were people asking me why I shaved my goatee.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Shaved Legs

Don't do it. Once you have shaved legs it's the first step down that long road to being a woman. You feel how sensuous they are, how smooth and silky. As I say don't do it, it's a lot simpler being male.
    L’imagination au pouvoir!

I use an electric clipper on mine, and crop it close. It leaves enough hair so that they don't look shaved, but removes enough so that I can wear hosiery. I also shave my feet and my knees clean. No one, not even my wife or my brother, has even commented on it. It's a decent compromise.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Do what I did and get them waxed, then theres no turning back for a good 3-4 weeks. I like the "no turing back situations" when it comes to anything CD related. Don't make excuses if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by KayleeDahl View Post
    I don't think anyone requires you to wear pants if you have shaved legs...

people really don't notice it, and if they do, they don't say anything.... In the couple times that people have said something (and they were only really close friends), i just use the biking excuse. which is true, i do compete in triathlons (at a local level), and both bikers and swimmers typically shave their legs. BTW you don't have to be super in shape to claim you bike or swim... everyone starts somewhere...

Truthfully i only worried about all this the first year that i had my legs shaved... the last few its not even something i ever think about when wearing shorts etc... you'll get used to it too once you realize it really isn't a big deal.

Hugs
    Kaylee
    Total Agreement! I'm a fairly avid as a cyclist and at the health club, I worried about this at first, but NO ONE has ever said anything! I have a decent build on top, but I raced when i was a teenager, and this build a good foundation for my legs, especially when i'm leg pressing at the gym- they look pretty ripped- it would almost be improper NOT to shave. I have gotten the odd comment from some yob in a passing car when wearing tights while cycling of skating, but overall, i've had more comments & whistles from girls! Granted, I do not hang out with gangs of guys, but it's certainly not a taboo thing if you do any kind of vigorous exercise.

I

Tracy
    I understand exactly how you feel as i also live in a small town in Queensland, everyone would notice, i have shaved mine in winter and worn jeans when going out.Summer much harder, lot of good ideas here though.