Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures

Pictures

Hello Girls. Please tell me if I'm wrong here.

I, Truley believe that it is best when your Crossdressed, to show your photos while wearing a cute Skirt outfit or a very pretty Dress.

Pant suits and other pant attire just don't seem to cut it.

We all look ALOT better wearing a Pretty Dress, or cute Skirt and Blouse as opposed to trying to fit our not too FEMININE bodies into Streach Pants!

Thanks--------Be Girly, FEMININE and cute.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaniceP View Post

I, Truly believe that it is best when you're Crossdressed, to show your photos while wearing a cute Skirt outfit or a very pretty Dress.
    Well, I do agree with you on this on a personal level (I don't own anything but skirts and tops) But quite a number of photos of some of our members here that show them in pants or jeans, are looking pretty darn good! I know what you're saying - that dresses and skirts are more feminine, and I agree.

We all look A LOT better wearing a Pretty Dress, or cute Skirt and Blouse as opposed to trying to fit our not too FEMININE bodies into Stretch Pants!

Thanks--------Be Girly, FEMININE and cute.
    For many of us - that's true. Myself included. I think it's all a matter of choice and taste. But for me, skirts and dresses just scream femininity!!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

You are wrong in my opinion, but right in yours. What you like and think is up to you, but I do not agree with your point of view. We take pictures of ourselves for many reasons. For our own personal benefit and enjoyment, to share with others, to try to get constructive criticism. I like pics of me dressed en femme, the ones I don't delete that is, in skirts, no dress pics yet, slacks, tennis and golf outfits, whatever.

While I agree whole heartedly, I know that is just the way I am wound. The girlyer the better, but this is a diverse group and I'm sure there are many here who just don't feel comfortable dressed that way. I'm not comfortable dressed in slacks, and neither are you, but for some, that's what makes it work for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coming from someone whos never posted a picture on this board, how can you even say that?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    So enjoy Tamara's response...

I think the whole idea of this forum is for us to be able to be dressed in WHATEVER we see fit, as long as it is within the standards set forth by the admins, and be accepted to some degree for that...

Afterall, ask your average GG what percentage of the year she spends in party dresses, and spends in pants.... I choose to emulate what GG's from my age group wear normally, and that usually isn't party dresses. You are certainly welcome to wear what suits you the best, but i'm going to just keep being me

Hugs!
    Kaylee
    P.S. I realize the irony of posting this when my signature pic is me in a party dress
    Last edited by KayleeDahl; 01-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Platinum Member
    I don't think there's any objective way of deciding what looks best on any individual. I've seen a great number of pics where the individual was wearing jeans or slacks and looked beautiful and convincingly feminine. Personally, some of the frillier dresses and gowns are a bit over the top, but to each their own.

That's like saying it's right to like chocolate but wrong to like vanilla. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but one of preference. You are entitled to your opinion, and your preferences, just make sure you don't make it sound like a put-down of others who choose to dress differently.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 01-12-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Banned Read only
    I prefer dresses. I do not own any feminine pants or skirts and blouses. I grew up in an era when women did NOT wear pants. As to skirts and blouses, I recognize the fact that I do not have an hour glass shape. So, the obvious choices are sheath, wrap, and empire waist dresses. Today I did a little shopping underdressed in a long line black bra, black panties under a black panty girdle, very lacy black camisole and black panty hose. I did not feel the least bit feminine, although I knew I had on just about everything except for a slip and dress. When I got home off came the pantyhose and on went a black girdle and thigh high stocking, black slip and a very lovely black dress with floral accents, and heels. Now I feel complete- Oh a my grey wig.

Each to their own, you wear what you like and feel comfy in.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I've written to an issue similar to this and was told it was controversial. So I just say to each her own. My personal preference is skirts and dresses and I feel very fem wearing them. But I think there are many lovely pictures of ladies on this site wearing pantsuits, jeans and even just shorts. In fact, one of the sexiest and most feminine posts I have seen recently was this one where Vivian was wearing shorts!

I say wear what makes you feel best.

I asked Hilary Clinton about this.

Let me try and explain something. Sort of kind of the reason we have this site available is that so many of us believe that we are all different and should not be constricted to a narrow view of how things SHOULD be.

I love my legs (my best part I think) so skirts and especially short skirts are what I like to wear the best. Many others here may feel that their legs are not a feature they would want to show and thus they show a real nice pantsuit or womens business suit with trousers that accentuates their chest or face. Some don't show anything. My personal feeling is showing something is better than nothing. But go with your comfort level
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I'm not wearing a dress with lingerie underneath then it just doesn't feel like I'm crossdressing.

Personally I would agree skirts and dreses always make us feel more feminine and how you feel will reflect your best in a photo. However on occasion I have photographed myself in various outfits to get a contrast of the many looks a woman has to chose. Also photographing yourself in various looks and exchanging them with GG's and very well accomplished cds and Ts to get feedback has helped me tremendously and is still helping me create the look I want...as you know it is a continuing learning process.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Coming from someone whos never posted a picture on this board, how can you even say that?
    I'm not one to cast asparagus, but Tamara has a point!

And I suspect that while most of my posted pics are probably in a dress or skirt, I'm out and about in real life and sometimes do wear pants.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Sorry. Disagree. I've been known to wear pants (even, . . shudder, . . . jeans!) and not look too bad, if I do say so myself.

Remember, many of us idolize women. We idolize what we think women are. We idolize what we remember, what we think is sexy, what femininity means to us, personally. To some of us, it means the June Cleaver pearls and a dress, to others, it means short skirts, fishnet hose and platform stilettos. Are either of those things wrong or right? Of course not! You do this for you, so do it for you - and don't make it about others.

Kathi

To me when I look at a woman and she is wearing a dress that is sexy then that is what I would prefer to imitate. Even (sorry Kathi) some well fitting low cut jeans are very sexy, but when I look at Hillary Clinton, I see a FTM wannabe. Not the look I want when I CD.

Aspiring Member
    My most recent pic had me in jeans AND ugg boots!
    I may not have looked glamorous, but I think I still looked femm.
    (and I haven't even received a blast from Karen yet...but there is still time

For me, it is better to be real than a carcature!
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    . . . Even (sorry Kathi) some well fitting low cut jeans are very sexy, . . .[but]. . . not the look I want when I CD
    At the risk of being a narcissistic twit and hijacking the thread, I present to you exhibits A, B, C and D. Proof that a dress is not the only feminine thing under the sun. (Translation: do I look like a FTM wannabe?)

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceP View Post

I, Truley believe that it is best when your Crossdressed, to show your photos while wearing a cute Skirt outfit or a very pretty Dress.

Pant suits and other pant attire just don't seem to cut it.
    Sorry, but I disagree...and so does my spouse. She thought I was cute enough for this picture while we on our way to the mall.

Cheryl new hair.jpg
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Red face

Hmmm, I like this idea of posting a picture as proof (proof to me anyway!). Here is mine while in Las Vegas a year ago on the way back to the airport for my flight home. Great way to travel and even had some nice business men try to help me get my laptop hooked up to the local WI-FI at the airport while waiting for my flight. At least I didn't look like an ugly guy in a dress! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AllieSF; 01-12-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Women's clothing runs a wide spectrum... Enjoy all of it that makes you feel good. If you feel good in an outfit (whatever it is), it really shows.

Pulling off pants, especially jeans, is an art. Since pants are the norm for females these days if you'd like to pass, passing in pants would seem to mandatory. Dresses and skirts are so beautiful- and so nice to wear. However if you are not of a certain age, pants are what must be done to fit in while shopping or just walking around.

It's all preference, as for me I love skirts and dresses, but nothing is wrong or right, whatever makes you comfortable

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're DEFINITELY on to something here, Janice! I love the look of cullots, wide bottomed toreador and disco pants. However, the dreaded and feared, "No Pants" lobby at the SCC convinced me NOT to wear them there!

Oh, "Stretch pants"? YUCK! Never mind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!