Thread: Belly Dancing?

Belly Dancing?

Hey all, sorry if something like this has been posted before my computer isnt working well for me to search it up on here, but I am thinking of starting belly dancing, on youtube or something, but I was wondering if and how it would benifit me, or if I should just stick to going to the gym, only thing I know that ill get out of it is save more on gas in my truck lol, also would like to know if there is a specific way I should warm my muscles up for it

thnx

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    If you would like to learn feminine movement, bellydancing is a good place to start. I took classes for a few years. Where do you live? There are a lot of good classes available and some good videos. There are also some Yahoo groups devoted to bellydance.
    Dana Ryan

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    To your exercise question, we did stretches at the start of each class. Most of the videos that I've watched have a warm up routine to start the video. There seems to be a lot of bellydancers that are into yoga as well.
    Dana Ryan

Thanks dana, im in canada, I would have to travel to the next city though im in a small town, so all ill get out of it is more feminine movement? still its probably funner way to do cardio though lol. did enjoy yoga alot few years ago ( we had a yoga instructer come every few months to get us to relax after a workout when I was in martial arts) hopefully it would tone my body out a little more, not that happy with my body shape and weight lol