Thread: What was it like to shop with a fellow CD for the first time?

What was it like to shop with a fellow CD for the first time?

I am looking to meet up with some of my local crossdressing friends to go out shopping together. What was your first experience like when you went out shopping with a fellow CD? I plan on going out in drab and work from there. I am just a little shy about the first meeting as I have never met a fellow CD in person yet.
    Thank you in advance for all of your advice and experiences, it means a lot to me.

Hi Rebecca! My first time shopping out with a cd friend was in drab as well. We met to just "break the ice" after talking for many months, and it did not account for much shopping as we went to a cd store in New Jersey at the time. We looked around, but did not buy anything, also went to go and just hang out over a cup of coffee to talk and get to know each other better. It was a wonderful way to build a friendship

It was nice

We met in drab after making plans to shop online in a chatroom. To break the ice, we met at a McDonalds and had a light lunch and discussed what we were hoping to find at the local Thrift store together. Then we went to the store that we knew was close by. It was fun shopping and looking for things, while also pulling items off the racks that we thought our new GF shopping with us may like. We exchanged sizes and style preferences, so we could help each other scour the racks for additions to our wardrobes. We were both nervous at first, then by the end of a couple hours we were just two guys, sharing a secret as two happy girlfriends, shopping and enjoying our time together.

i hope to do this one day, just need to pluck up the courage

I hope to this also one day. I've been chattin with a few local girls that I've met here on this site, but our schedules just haven't matched up yet. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Renne.....

Hi Rebecca

To date I haven’t been shopping with another CD’er, but I have been shopping en femme both alone and with my 28 year old Daughter. The big advantage that shopping en femme has over shopping in drab is that you can try on the clothes. I’ve always hated buying something in drab only to get home and find that it didn’t fit and then I had to return the item. It was one thing to buy the item because you can claim it is a present for your wife or girlfriend, but I always thought that “I bought this for my wife and it didn’t fit” was a bit lame. If I bought a blouse for my wife and it didn’t fit she would be the logical one to return it and find something that did fit. Now that I’m more comfortable I simply say “I bought this and it doesn’t fit” and I might add that “I think I need a size larger or smaller” if I still want it.

Early last year I joined a San Diego transgender support group and the first time I went to a meeting en femme was the first time I knowingly met another CD’er. A group of us girls now tend to meet an hour or so prior to the scheduled meeting for some informal chit-chat. Joining a support group is a good, and safe, way to meet other CD’ers.
    Babs

My first time was right after halloween.. We were having lunch (we get together for lunch every so often) and they were having a half off sale at the halloween store.. She got a victorian dress and I got 2 costume wigs... Some patterned nylons and a cute vampiresse costume. It was fun.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The only time I have ever shopped with a crossdresser was when I was buying a wig. The proprietor catered to TG's because her SO is CD. It was both odd and amazing to be able to be open and honest around people. Sadly, that is my only experience with other CD/TG people.

Anna

It was a blast. I was about 5 years ago at Golf Mill Shopping center and at Woodfield. No problems or hassles. I've shopped enfemme with my gal pals many times over the years.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I LOVE going out with my girlfriends! Being able to interact with women, as a "woman" is something I always dreamed about and it is as good as I imagined it to be!

Have fun!!!
    Debby

My first time shopping with a CD friend ( .....someone on this forum who is a CD no more ) was one of my fondest experiences. The cashier at Charlotte Russe didn't even flinch when I brought all these lacy undergarments to the counter. We actually shopped at one of those outdoor mall/factory outlets, and hitting every store, then we went to another real shopping mall and ate at Ruby Tuesday's. We had a twenty-something waiter that was so talkative and ebullient that he had no idea that we were CD'ers. It just felt like absolute freedom. That's why I am never going to give up being transgender.

I have shopped with other TG's in male and female modes. It was fun, but when I shop I am looking for myself. So, it is me shopping for me and she shopping for herself. I also recommend getting to know someone first through chats, maybe a coffee meet up in drab or whatever. That way you will feel comfortable with that other person when out shopping.

I have only done it once. Went out one morning, I picked her up we went to a wig shop, the lady wasn't there we waited for a while. The off to Goodwill to shop, that was fun. Early in the morning we had about 6 other customers there. Nobody did anything, tried clothes on and when I went to pay I didn't want to talk. I got scared, well we didn't make it to lunch after that but it was a fun and memorable experience. I think I would do much better if I went out again which I plan to do soon.

I'm going to try it for the first time in about 1 month from now. There will be a big gathering for the weekend and a bunch of us will be going out for a good part of the afternoon. I can't wait for this to happen. Then I will get a feeling what its like to walk around like a woman and either be clocked or blend in with everyone.

I did it with a TG friend for the first time a week ago. We met a couple of weeks earlier at our hangout and she was telling me how she goes out shopping enfemme. I sked her if she wanted a shopping companion and she said she would love it. Well it was a blast as she is fun to be with. We didn't have enough time to go for lunch afterward but we promised to do it again. And I am really looking forward to doing it again. I always go shopping alone but now have a gurl friend to go with me once in a while

Gold Member
    My first time with someone else was her dressed and me in drab. To me it was a day out to try and see someone else in action so I could decide if I was comfortable with moving forward. Well I sure went with the right person. We went from an Ulta to a bank to a beauty supply store to a WHBM (yes that might give away who) to lunch. Never was there a sign of discomfort or a lack of happiness. She was in her element and it was after that day that I knew I had to get out. I still can only wish to be as comfortable as she was, but I am having a ball and that is what counts. Thank you!

I recall an occasion when we went out shopping with a group of crossdressers, about 8 or 10 of us. However, we were all dressed at the time.
    We descended upon a local thrift store, scurrying up and down the aisles stripping the racks of cute outfits. You know, like locusts.
    Seriously, we had a great time. I'd highly recommend shopping with other cders, especially if you're a little nervous going it alone. There's strength in numbers.

Sharing this passion with others in person is such a great feeling. I have went out both in drab and dressed with other girls and always had a great experience. Validation of your feelings is wonderful.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula T View Post
    I did it with a TG friend for the first time a week ago. We met a couple of weeks earlier at our hangout and she was telling me how she goes out shopping enfemme. I sked her if she wanted a shopping companion and she said she would love it. Well it was a blast as she is fun to be with. We didn't have enough time to go for lunch afterward but we promised to do it again. And I am really looking forward to doing it again. I always go shopping alone but now have a gurl friend to go with me once in a while
    Paula,
    I had a similar experience and totally enjoyed our time in the thrifts and lunching. I would do it again except she moved.
    joank
    Southern California

hey rebecca....haven't done it,but would love to give it a try also.seems from the feedback,that it's lots of fun.i have no problem shopping in drab and love shopping period.my wife and i go often and i'm the motivator..lol...soooo if and when you or others get the urge count me in...i live just over the ri line and work in the mystic area...nice to hear from locals....smile

I love shopping especially with a friend or two. I go with other t-girls and GG friends, and prefer if it is just two of us, three at a maximum. Larger groups of any type tend to draw more attention, and it is difficult to keep a larger group together. If you are inexperienced, going shopping with a more experienced friend is fun, really helps and is often a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    I LOVE going out with my girlfriends! Being able to interact with women, as a "woman" is something I always dreamed about and it is as good as I imagined it to be!
    Have fun!!! Debby
    I dragged Debby out for her first shopping experience at a big mall. We started at the food court with lunch and to give her a chance to calm her nerves (which did not seem necessary in hindsight). I previously mentioned the odds of seeing someone you know at the mall during the early afternoon on a weekday was extremely low, of course, someone I know stopped by and said hi. We hit the major stores and Debby ended buying a few outfits after trying them on in the women's fitting rooms. It was a great way to spend an afternoon with a friend. She hated it so much that I had to force her to go again. Ha! She bought a faux fur the next time we went shopping. I think she is addicted to shopping now.

Thank you.

I really have enjoyed all of the nice replies that have been posted so far. It is nice to know that there are so many nice people on here for support and conversations. I am getting closer to actually meeting up with a fellow CD to talk in person. I am still nervous about it but it will pass after the first meeting in person. I just need to make the first step out and go from there. Like I have read on here, it is so much better to go out with an SO or to make a friend and shop together.
    Thanks,

Rebecca
    XO

I have not done this yet but I may soon.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    I dragged Debby out for her first shopping experience at a big mall. . . She hated it so much that I had to force her to go again. Ha! She bought a faux fur the next time we went shopping. I think she is addicted to shopping now.

Melissa is just terrific although my choice of shoes on our first outing definitely put me at a disadvantage!

Seriously, going out shopping with a girlfriend or two is way too much fun!

Debby

one daqy i'll have the courage to do this, i thnk it would be so much easier than shopping on your own