Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubai Calling!

Dubai Calling!

I fly to Dubai tomorrow for a few days work. I know it is a muslim country and they have laws and no I am not planning to go out dressed (jail sentence apparently)! But I do fancy letting Kaz loose in my hotel room... any advice from anyone? It means I have to pack the gear (forms, make-up, clothes, etc..) so a heavier suitcase than otherwise! Or am I just mad?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    I would hope you will be safe in the privacy of your hotel room. What a pain, tho! Wouldn't it be fun to enjoy a nice meal and a few drinks (at the hotel) in Kaz mode?

SC... Recently did Germany all right! My first thought was... don't do it... then I thought, what the heck? If they check my suitcase... can I explain it? It is not illegal to cross-dress... just in public! It is linked to homosexuality which is also banned in public places. Actually the UAE are pretty tolerant... you can drink within allowed areas... hotels, bars, and your own home... It is public display that concerns them!
    Kaz xx

Kaz, if you think you can refrain for a few days, I would.

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/Tips/S...718-77412.html

The sentence that disturbs me in this article is, "Dr Rima Sabban, a sociologist, said Emiratis were becoming frustrated with violations of local sensitivities." All it would take is a fire alarm, or a hotel maid inadvertently coming in to clean your room while you are dressed and then perhaps reporting it, to cause issues. Granted, you would only suffer a deportment, but if you have to go through the legal system you may have to stay there well beyond your stay just to deal with it, and that's not mentioning the emrassement with your family and employers?

Here's more on Dr. Sabban: http://www.dsg.ae/NEWSANDEVENTS/DSGN...aram_detail=29

As to tolerance levels in general about the CDing in that part of the world, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ri...y#Western_Asia
    Reine

Kaz, don’t do it. It’s not worth it. O.K.?
    I am not asking you, I am telling you!

SUZY

I am with everyone else...bad idea. The laws there are not like here. The UAE is "more" tolerant but that is pretty vague. I would hate to see you mixed up in something that could turn out very messy. Kelli

Kaz, this may seem like a growth step, but it sounds like it could be a dangerous misstep. I hope you'll reconsider. If not, we'll all be holding our breath until you're home again. The collective exhale after 3 days scares me a bit as well .

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Kaz, don’t do it. It’s not worth it. O.K.?
    I am not asking you, I am telling you!

SUZY
    Kaz, i with Suzy, we don't want to lose you.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I'm with the others - I wouldn't take the chance, Kaz.

Michelle

Semi Sane innocent angel
    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A Dubai appeals court on Sunday upheld a one-month prison sentence for a British couple convicted of kissing in a restaurant.
    The pair landed in court after an Emirati woman complained about the public kiss, which the couple insisted was just a peck on the cheek.
    That was for a freaking kiss. The would label you as homosexual and that my friend is some deep shit in that part of the world .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Hmmmm maybe the photo opportunity maybe not worth it!? What would be the QUDOS of a shot of me dressed in Dubai? Hmmmm itching..! Why does NO make me think YES? Am I mad?
    Last edited by Kaz; 01-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Kaz xx

DO NOT, cross-dress in any Arab/Muslim country! PERIOD!

It's the same as the old USSR! There, they would arrest and convict on grounds of mental illness which included shock treatments and strong drugs. And upon their conclusions a prison sentence may or may not follow. And you can imagine the implications of that!

I majored in graduate studies doing a lot of research and work on Middle Eastern studies and will start by saying that their code for living and their rules are both rigid and unviolable! They will not tolerate any abberation from a sociatial norm, especially where gender is involved. A man is a man and a woman is property, a second class citizen who for most of the at least recent past couldn't vote, couldn't show herself in public, couldn't go to school and had absolutely zero rights. By example, a woman convicted of adultry often died by public stoning!

Of course, behind closed doors the Arab people are much like us Westerners. They know all about the movies and music and trends but they just can't delve into such things in those repressive societies.

As far as cross-dressing goes, it's forbidden. And for visiting tourists who think they may want to vit the "casbah" in drag there's a list as long as your arm of charges that can be brought. From public indecency to being a spy! And never forget that wherever you go on this planet, once you leave the USA you are subject to the rules of the country you find yourself in. And with the state of the world today US citizens are seen as spoiled, arrogant and in need of being brought down a peg or two! So that's another strike against you.

Take some sound advice: If you are a crossdresser, as am I, Leave the clothing (heels, dresses, makeup and wigs) behind when you travel. They don't understand "gender expression." And don't worry, all your stuff will be waiting for you when you return!

But there is always the sense of adventure! Why feel restricted when we can test boundaries? Sorry, just me! If I can get through immigration, that is fine, it is then just choice and judgement... getting back should be less problematical!
    Kaz xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Hmmmm maybe the photo opportunity maybe not worth it!? What would be the QUDOS of a shot of me dressed in Dubai? Hmmmm itching..! Why does NO make me think YES? Am I mad?
    Uhoh I think we better start up a collection for your bail money and lawyer.

give it a rest until you get safely home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why does NO make me think YES? Am I mad?
    Yes. Yes you are quite mad, in fact. But you are mad in a most loveable, adorable way. . . . .

Btw, don't do it . . . .

I would have to agree with the majority here and say Do Not do it.

But it seems you already made your decision to do it before even starting this thread.

So my question is - If you already decided what you are going to do then why ask peoples opinions?
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Get a photo of you dressed in mini and high heels on top of one of those incredible buildings.
    Like are you mad? What excuse do you give at the airport when they go through your luggage? Not worth the risk.

OK.. rethinking! But what if....?
    Kaz xx

Banned Read only
    Kaz, please don't do that. Once you arrive, your bags may be checked again, and then busted. There is a lot of heresay of what they will do, but who knows what will really happen? I wouldn't want to go there not even with girl clothes in bags. They may take offense to the way I walk or talk, or that I may say God bless you to someone, and would be considered an infedel, and just shot or stoned in the street, by radical extremist's. If you arrive and are found to be a cd, then you will be labled as gay, whether you are or not, it won't matter to them. According to thier beleifs, gays are not only to be killed, but to be torture killed.
    My vote is not go.
    L&R............Tara

OK.. rethinking! But what if....?
    What if you pack a kilo of blow in your bag too.
    Because doing that makes just as much sense as what you're still thinking of doing.

Get the pink fog out of your head, the panties out of the carry on and leave Kaz home on this one.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Kaz, just leave your forms at home and take the correct size balloons to fill up with water in your hotel. Do what you think is best and what risks you want to take. By the way, you are responsible for your own actions. Good luck and enjoy.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've crossdressed in some unusual place but I sure wouldn't take any chances in a foreign country.
    I did spend a few days in Qatar once and I never thought of challenging anything over there.

P.S. Sex and the City 2 is on right now and that should be enough warning about Dubai.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Hey.. I am talking some women's clothes in my suitcase... maybe forms... personal stimulator?
    Kaz xx

im not sure i would with all their crazy laws, be terrible to get stuck there because of clothes