Thread: anyone else?

anyone else?

Is anyone else a "seasonal" shaver? and if so when do you start and end? For myself i get all smooth on Oct. 1st and will end the weekend after Feb. 14th. this is with the compromise with my so.

Nope, once I got over feeling weird in public with shaved legs and arms, I noticed that nobody paid any attention to it. So now it all stays clean of hair year round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't imagine having body hair at this point though there was a time not long ago when I was like a werewolf from the waist down. Shaving every other day gets really old though. hormones helped with that but not enough for my taste so I started laser, I've had 2 sessions covering my upper legs and bikini line with amazing results! I epilate my arms about once a month now, very little comes back (I assume because of the hormones) it would be a waste of money to laser my arms. I had good results from a home laser on my belly (happy trail). I never had chest or back hair thank god!

Before I came out as TS I was terrified of what people would think if they saw my shaved legs. Once I stopped caring (but was still presenting as a guy) I was actually a little disappointed at how underwhelming a hairless guy is to the rest of the world. I had one guy ask me if I shaved my legs, I said yes, he said I've thought about doing that in the summer. End od discussion! When I finally shaved my arms for the first time I was sure everyone would notice. It took my WIFE 2 weeks to even notice!
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 01-23-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Yes, I am a seasonal shaver as well. Like you, it is a compromise with my wife. If I were to go full-time (which would either result from or in a divorce), I would shave year round. As it is, I shave for 6 months out of the year, usually October through the end of March. That way I have hair again in time for shorts season here.

Anna

No, I prefer to keep my body hair free and my head hairy all year round. Best part is I no longer face that first shave after dormancy. Now days I run in shorts with legs shaved and no one says anything.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I usually let mine grow out in the summer, between July and early September. The rest of the year I epilate, unless I'm in a hurry, then I'll shave.
    Dana Ryan

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Does THIS count as "seasonal"? Let's see, when is DLV again?

Oh yeah! I'll be shaving off my beard and stash on April 22nd. I'll begin growing it back again on April 28th! And then, off again for the SCC!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If you're observant you'll see that there are quite a few guys out there with smooth legs and arms. No reason to go sasquatch all summer!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I, too, use to be seasonal but decided no one would notice and if they did notice, no one would say anything. And other than one of my kids, no one else has given my bare legs and arms/hands a second notice. I just got to the point where I felt better shaved than unshaved, so I kept shaving. It's my body, I like the way it feels and that's that!

I just got a thought for those who get objections from wife/SO's - make them a deal, if you can't shave your legs than neither can they..see how long that lasts!!!

Good luck to you all.

Year round! No question!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

yes I'm seasonal as well but opposite to most of you here. Summer I shave because it is cooler and winter I let it grow to stay warm as I work outside a lot

sunshine? yes, please! :) rachelgirlnw1's Avatar
    I'm not sure about your compromise with your SO, but I think only your SO will notice. I tell mine that it makes me look & feel more fit. I use it as an incentive to workout more (which is a win-win). *Nobody* else notices. I've been smooth and working out in guy mode at the gym for years. Heck, I even take my razor to the showers at the gym.

Good luck, Tina!

Aspiring Member
    In my radical running days when I lived in St. Louis, I would grow a beard from October 1st and shave it April 1st. When my wife and I got married, she asked me shave off the mustache that I wore year-round and I have been clean shaven ever since. I have shaved my legs almost daily, maybe missing 2-3 days a month for over 20 years. About 10 years ago, chest and arms; how time flies!