Thread: "Daddy and I are gonna share 'em!"

"Daddy and I are gonna share 'em!"

So my wife, two children, and I went shopping in a Goodwill yesterday. On the way to the check out counter my 8 year old daughter and I stopped to look at the ear ring racks. She and I both liked a couple of pair that were pretty, and so I looked at her and said "All right, tell ya what - I'll get 'em and we can share 'em OK?"
    "OK Daddy!"
    So we get to the check out counter and the girl behind the counter says "Wow - those are pretty!" when she was ringing them up.
    "Yeah, my daddy and I are gonna share 'em!" my daughter proudly proclaimed, to the woman and more than loud enough for everyone in line behind us to hear.
    Oops . . .

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Ah, the innocence of youth. Gotta always be on your toes around those little ears that absorb anything, especially when it involves their Dad or Mom.........Precious. Hope you smiled, and said of course we are to the cashier.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You know that is what is going to happen!! Just be sure you don't lose any of her earrings!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Lol. That is a very sweet story.

Very, very cute!! She must be a pistol!!

Banned Read only
    Very sweet and cute story Kimbery. It sort of reminds me of the days my precious daughter would say such innocnet things that still make me smile to this day. Did you get just a little embarrassed when your daughter said that and the others heard it?

Great story Kimberly, I'm out of the kid business now but I know they can say the most personal things about parents when they're out in public. Hope you laughed it off, that's what I would have done.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Kids, You gotta love them, That is awesome, they just say what they think.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

That is so sweet.
    And a great way to teach sharing.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Did you ever bring back memories! My wife and I quickly realized that if you want everyone to know anything, tell your child!

Oh, and you do understand that you will wear those earrings once. Then she will wear them and put them with the rest of HER stuff

Wonderful story

tina

Kids say the darndest things, don't they?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Very cute story! I wonder how often that happens?
    Dana Fleming

A story I once read, told by Bill Bryson in his travel book about Australia, a book well worth reading.

I may not have the exact details right, but Bryson knew a woman who had a little girl. One day the lads came onto the vacant lot next door to start building a new house. The little girl was curious, went over and made friends, and before you know it she'd become the crew's mascot. They found little jobs to keep her busy, and at the end of the week, the foreman gave her a little pay packet like all the lads got.

She was delighted, her mother was delighted and suggested she lodge her earnings in the bank. When they got up to the counter, she proudly told the teller, "I've been building a house this week!"
    The teller was delighted. "That's wonderful! And will you be building again next week?"
    "We will if we ever get the f***** bricks!"

That is such a cute story Kimberly! Kids are just awesome, she sounds like a sweetheart.

One of my daughter's first clear sentences was said after we picked out a new dress for her to wear. When we were paying for it the SA commented to my daughter how pretty the dress was. My daughter replied "Yes it is, its just like my Daddy's".

Truth is I didn't have a dress that came anywhere close to what we were buying. I looked at the SA and just shook my head and closed my eyes like I was telling her you can't believe that.

Cute story. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara-mxy View Post
    . . . Did you get just a little embarrassed when your daughter said that and the others heard it?
    Sure, but mostly for my wifes sake. My daughter is 100% cool with it, and I obviously dont have a problem with it, but my poor wife would really rather that it weren't so well known.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    . . . Oh, and you do understand that you will wear those earrings once. Then she will wear them and put them with the rest of HER stuff

Wonderful story

tina
    Say, how do you know my daughter so well? I was thinking that very thing myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    . . .
    The teller was delighted. "That's wonderful! And will you be building again next week?"
    "We will if we ever get the f***** bricks!"
    LOVE it! Thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    One of my daughter's first clear sentences was said after we picked out a new dress for her to wear. When we were paying for it the SA commented to my daughter how pretty the dress was. My daughter replied "Yes it is, its just like my Daddy's".

Truth is I didn't have a dress that came anywhere close to what we were buying. I looked at the SA and just shook my head and closed my eyes like I was telling her you can't believe that.
    If ya ask me, that's about as sweet as it gets!

too cute, Kimberly...

I wish I had a little girl like that.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud