Thread: From tote to closet

From tote to closet

I went out and did some shopping today and bought myself a new blouse. When I got home I pulled out the tote that I use to store my clothes and was going to store my new blouse in it, then stick it back into the closet.
    At that point I said, The heck with that. I took all my clothes out of that darn tote and hung them in the closet in my room.
    My wife knows that I dress so why should I hide my clothes....she can look at anything that she wants. I have nothing to hide. I told her what I did when she got home. Not much of an reaction from her. I told her that I do love her, but that is who I am. I'm taking small steps here and there. Hopefully one day after my son is gone from home for good to live his own life, I can dress longer and be who I really am, Jessica.

Jessica

If she known use the closet!
    My has known forever, but I just recently really started dressing. I just redesigned our closet (large walk-in type) and we now have a rack for each of us, and a third rack with both of our 'Dressup' clothes. For her it's her nicer going out freezes and business suits, for me it;s all my hanging Jess clothes. She even cleaned out a drawer for me by the makeup mirror. There are 3 drawers, now hers is on the left, mine on the right and shared in the middle. No more mixing makeup!
    Yes, I known, I'm spoiled, she tells me this often!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As long as you can fit two wardrobes in your designated closet area, go for it... and give the rest of us pointer for doing so.

-Tanya

Platinum Member
    I think its a healthy step to move your things into your closet and dresser. First off, its an end to even the appearance of hiding and that is a way of casting off the sense of shame and embarrassment we all carried with us for so long. Second, being open with it about your wife - even though you're not "in her face" about it, is a positive because it shows you trust her and reinforces the fact that you aren't hiding anything from her.

Aspiring Member
    The hiding-to-out day was also a banner day for me. Nothing felt better than taking all of my things that were stuffed into assorted hiding things and folding them neatly in their own dresser drawer or hanging them up in the closet. My wife now knows where all my clothes are. She even checks every now and then to make sure I'm not stealing any of her good hangers for my things (went and got mt own to solve that).

Takes fun.. To know fun! Erin24's Avatar
    I just did almost the exact same thing, only i live in a house with two guys that ive known for years, but have no idea i dress... I thought whatever, who cares if for some reason these guys decide they want to go through my stuff, they should probably be prepared to find things they dont wanna find lol n i dont think that would ever happen for that reason alone... i mean really! I should be able to put my things wherever i like, and o m g! dosent it make it easier to not have to dig through all that stuff just to put a shirt on or get your makeup out or whatever! Neways, I think ya know what im trying to say.. Good for you jessica! i think its great that u n your wife can share that space!
    i hope things continue in such a good direction!
    xoxoxo
    -Erin

That's great that you are able to store your clothes in a place more appropriate than a tote bag! And it's nice to hear that your wife is also fine with it.

I'm not at that stage yet - when I had a few girls' shirts I just put them in one of my drawers, hidden under my normal clothes. Since no one went through my drawers other than myself, it was a safe place, but still not as good as having them hang in the closet.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Having the clothing hung up is part of being honest both to your wife and yourself and is healthy.

Our problem is we need more closet space.

That is great stage to be at, it's so nice to have easy access to all your clothes isn't it?
    The only problem i have is because i no longer have to worry about finding somewhere to hide Katie's clothes i've bought alot more clothes and shoes (16 pairs at last count). I now have way more female clothes than male ones and i've run out of wardrobe and draw space to keep them all!
    Katie

My clothes have hung in our closet for 7 years now.
    It's fun to be able to share. Sometimes I borrow hers, sometimes she borrows mine. It's becoming more "ours" all the time and I love it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !