Thread: Shopping...... What a rush!!!!

Shopping...... What a rush!!!!

Hey Girls,

After reading the posts recently about going shopping while "Drab" I did a little soal searching and said to hell with it..... I AM GOING! The sales ladies are not there to judge me or to only sell to GG's. They are there to sell to anyone that comes in the store, either male or female.

So I headed out this afternoon after work over to a local store that specializes in Tall Size fashions. I walked into the store (nervously) and walked up to the woman behind the cash register and after she asked if she could help me at all I said " I am looking for a blouse and skirt for myself."

What shocked me was her reply, " No problem sir, we have guys come in all the time shopping for themselves. You are welcome to try anything on that you like" So there I was in a woman's fashion store and allowed to use the change rooms and all! What a great feeling.

I left there on cloud nine so I thru caution to the wind and walked into a leather store and when asked if I needed any help I asked if they had any size xx (sorry girls, I never tell people my size ) leather skirts. She asked if they were for my SO and I told her that they were for me. I never even got a sly look, she proceeded to show me what they had and let me try them on!

So now that I am home I have a complete new wardrobe to wear! This feels great! I will post pics later tonight.

Now lets just hope that everything goes just as well when I tell the wife later tonight...........

Way to go Trisha!!! That is fantastic! That is one for our side! Sounds like you had a busy day!

Aspiring Member

Smile

Hi Trisha:

Good to see another Ontario Girl here.

Congratulations for your courage to ask outright about trying on a skirt and blouse and skirt for your self

I have tried on skirts in Layne Bryant and Dress Barn in the US, but have never had the courage to do so at home, however when in a ladies consignment store this week, I did ask to try on some ladies Slacks, and the sales girl, only said, the changing rooms are in the back.

It would be interesting to know the name of the store you were in, and the Location, as If I were in the Area, I would love to do the same.

If you prefer not to give the information here, would be glad to get a private message from you

Regards:

Denise

Saying that check out girls in ladies fashion stores are all friendly isn't 100% truthful... it's 99% truthful, but not 100...

Last time I bought new clothes for myself, (with a mate, but we paid seperatly,) the woman serving gave me a funny look as I took my purchases and left.

Ah well, doubt I'll see her again anyway

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

i got to try on skirts in a few places in a mall. torrid. and 2 other. and got to try on some lingerie in Vickys secret and Fredericks..such a rush. now id like to have a girl take me shopping and make me try on things

Quote Originally Posted by mchelle
    now id like to have a girl take me shopping and make me try on things
    You and me both!

That's great. What a day at the shops. It takes a lot of courage to do it, but once you have done it's like why did I wait so long and what was I so damn scared of anyway. way to go girl.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Thumbs up Shopping;

Oh, wow Trisha! Good for you!! Gosh, I've talked my fool head off tonight in the forums so far....so what's one more. I had a couple of hours to kill before I and my SO was to "hook" up with a couple of other GG's for a drink or two at a local tavern. I had a few very rare extra bucks in the old pocket so off I went to shop! Got a new and first leather drawstring pocket book, One nice red knee skirt, two blouses and some panties and a bra. Went to three different stores and none of the sales GG's blinked an eye!! It was a very nice expereince!!! Keep shoppin' love! XXX

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Trisha -- I am so happy for you. It is a great feeling, isn't it? One that I am newly experiencing myself and want to have so many more experiences. You go girl!

That's great Trisha. There are so many stories now of people going into stores (in drab or not) to try on new clothes and the sales assistants being very friendly & helpful. It certainly sends out a great message to our community and gives confidence to the more shy or uncertain members here.

Keep up the good work!

Paula.
    Living on the edge might be dangerous, but it has an awesome view!!