Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of taking pictures when dressed - how often do you do it?

Frequency of taking pictures when dressed - how often do you do it?

When browsing YouTube I've noticed that there are a number of users who took a picture of their face every day with approximately the same lighting and facial expression. If you search for "take a picture every day" on YouTube you will find many results that show the number of years the user has been participating in the project. I'm curious if any CDs on here have done this sort of thing while dressed. For those who have been crossdressing for decades, it would be really cool to be able to look back on your femme self from years and years back and slowly observe the way your feminine side has evolved (both physically, and through changes in style, clothing, etc). You could even do the same with the masculine side just to make a comparison.

Or, if you haven't done anything like that before, how often do you take pictures of yourself while dressed? If you are a younger dresser (in your 20s, etc), have you thought of taking a picture of yourself at your young age so that when you are an older CD girl you'll be able to look back on it? When I get the opportunity to dress I know that's what I'm going to be doing.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Well, this thread is some good timing for me I guess. Very new here, but just got some new heels and OF COURSE had to try them on! Sadly my wife was at work while I was at home, but I let her know I was trying them on. While she is very new to the idea of me dressing, she demanded a picture! After texting one, her response to a picture of my legs and heels...... "Wow, you have nice legs!". yay! Im sure there will be many more pictures in my future!

I forgot to add my own experience - pretty much every time I've dressed, I've taken some pictures. Unfortunately I have very few of them right now since many of the earlier ones were either lost or I deleted them out of guilt. Though I want to start up a nice collection.

IMG_0762.jpgI used to take pictures and videos every time I dressed. I have a total of 10,000 pictures and 24 hours of lip sync videos. I've gotten a little burnt out on picture taking latly. I still will occasonaly take pictures when I buy a new outfit. I just like to enjoy my feminime side, and not have to hassle with the camera stuff all the time. Daviolin
    P.S. This thead gives me an excuse to post a picture. I just bought this pretty red sheer top. So much fun to wear.Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Platinum Member
    Not much. I put a couple pictures on this site, just to prove I was a real being, not some lurker. but I don't much care for the way I look in pictures, en femme or en drab.

Banned Read only
    I take pictures every time I dress so that I can try and get an objective view of myself. In addition, I show my wife and ask her for comments and tips. Pictures don't lie, the mirror does.

I take pictures when I'm out in public fully dressed. Then, I study them to see how I could do better. I took a couple videos but about the best you can do by yourself is walking a way from the camera and back so that wasn't a big help.

The pictures are nice to look at when I can't dress.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

The most prevalent reason I take pictures is to send them to my wife or sister to get opinions on different looks and outfits.

I have an external drive (or two) full of years and years of photos. Seems like when I got back into dressing that every time I dressed I took thousands of photos. (Takes thousnd to get one good one!!) Especially when I was learning to do makeup. So I could critique my progress. And then when I started going out, I found a mini-tripod so I could take action photos to document my journey. Thousands and thousands of photos I used to joke that I had a camera crew follow me around. I've worn out 3 cameras... But lately I've been going out enfemme and not even taking my new camera with me.. One of these days I'm going to go through all those photos and pick out a few good ones and delete the rest.

Ohhhh. I still have a broken hard drive containing "the lost years" that I need to send in and have the files removed....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by daviolin View Post
    I have a total of 10,000 pictures and 24 hours of lip sync videos.
    Interesting idea, do you mean videos where you have music playing and you show yourself lip-syncing to the lyrics? That's a cool idea, since it's hard to actually sound feminine if your true male voice is deep like most men.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton;
    Ohhhh. I still have a broken hard drive containing "the lost years" that I need to send in and have the files removed....
    What are the "lost years"? Old cross-dressing photos? If you don't want the files there anymore you could format the disk. I think there are also other programs you can download that due even more thorough cleaning to disks, to the point that even if government organizations were to look at your disks, they wouldn't be able to find anything!

Well, if what I'm wearing feels really good, I'll snap a picture or two just to see what it really looks like. Usually, if it feels good, it looks pretty good.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Being a husband and father, it's a lot harder to find a private time and place to dress than when single. (She knows, child doesn't). But when I do, I always take lots of pics. It takes lots of shots to get a good one. For me anyway. Before I got my first digital camera in 2000, I used a film SLR with a shutter timer and motor drive. I could lock down the shutter and take a pic every 10 seconds. That was fun. But taking the film in for processing and waiting for it to come back wasn't.

For those who remember sending film off for processing, all together now:
    "Some day my prints will come......."

Blossoming
    I dress as often as I can and NORMALLY I intend to take pics, but forget.... lol

JenniferAtHome: Well from your avatar photo you look pretty cute to me! I think smiling really helps and you have a nice one. Personally I don't take a lot of photos, I'm too lazy.

Jaime

Anytime I dress I nearly always have a camera on hand because I'm so incredibly vain.
    hEll

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyTranny View Post
    JenniferAtHome: Well from your avatar photo you look pretty cute to me! I think smiling really helps and you have a nice one. Personally I don't take a lot of photos, I'm too lazy.

Jaime
    I agree. Her avatar is very nice. Something a lot of us seem to forget is that the prettiest and sexiest thing you can wear is a smile...

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I love to take videos to show what i've been doing although some of the videos are just showing off.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I take pictures every time I dress so that I can try and get an objective view of myself. . . Pictures don't lie, the mirror does.
    Me too! Ain't that the truth! It is actually pretty helpful in getting your makeup techniques down too.

Debby

I'm prideful vain sexy & sultry I take tons of selfpics which go back to...god, IDK. Like maybe 2005'ish? But those were for a gf I once knew. Blowing that opportunity was the beginning of the fall. The seed which in time created Me Annaliese. So..TG pics actually begin in IDK maybe 2007 or 8'ish? It's after I had lost alotta weight...all the way down to slim or petite. Got lots pics...don't see much diff between now & then except for style. More wordly self knowing, less shy, more loose & showing. More fun but..a little too bold? Loss of innocence can make one less sensitive to the needs of others until it's pointed out to you. I'm trying to return to the 'good girl' I used to be or perhaps, never was? IDK...
    Last edited by Annaliese2010; 01-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.

....the real question is how many of those pictures do we keep? I agree though, a great way to track your look over the years.

And although I'm upset at the number of great outfits, wigs, shoes etc that i've lost over the years in purges, I'm more angry that i trashed the pictures.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sveta, I have not taken any pictures for over 25+ years and
    that was with 35mm filmThere are three packs tucked away in
    a drawerI should get them out and see if I have aged any. LOL
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 01-26-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sveta View Post
    What are the "lost years"? Old cross-dressing photos? If you don't want the files there anymore you could format the disk. I think there are also other programs you can download that due even more thorough cleaning to disks, to the point that even if government organizations were to look at your disks, they wouldn't be able to find anything!
    Thousands of crossdressing photos from 2003 and 2004.... The drive broke and I'm trying to get an identical drive to swap circuit boards to see if I can get it going. Else I will send it in and have a company recover the files for me.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[QUOTE=Sveta;2732452]Interesting idea, do you mean videos where you have music playing and you show yourself lip-syncing to the lyrics? That's a cool idea, since it's hard to actually sound feminine if your true male voice is deep like most men.
    Yes thats right. It is so much fun to view them. I have an extremlly deep voice. So lip syncing is the way to go for me.
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I will take pictures if I have the time to myself, like a day off from work with nothing but inside things to do. I will also take them when I go out somewhere, like shopping with my girlfriend and my wife.
    If I'm just relaxing about the house and don't feel like full makeup then I don't bother. I prefer to document new outfits, new places, etc.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I take and delete many pictures I dont take them every time I dress though. the last ones I took was when I bought my 6' heels. Right now the batteries are dead and i keep forgetting to recharge them. speaking of which........
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!