Thread: Photo album review with my wife

Banned Read only

Photo album review with my wife

First, let me proclaim that my wife's fantastic. She'll never understand my crossdressing but she accepts me for what I am is always available to help. So tonight we reviewed my ever growing Jennifer photo album and she was super helpful. My chief concern, as some of you know, is my passability. She told me that on first glance, I'd pass but on second glance, she might think I was a body builder or just a manly woman. That might be the best i can hope for. The area that all of us will have problems with is our neck/trapezius muscle/shoulder. She said women's necks are "L" shaped, where as men's are more triangular. We can't avoid that, but she said higher necklines would help. On the yellow dress in my avatar and that I posted pictures of in my SanDiego post, she gave me a "that's cute, you look pretty." I'm ending the week on a high note!

Jennifer,
    IMHO your wife is super fantastic.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

[SIZE=4]If your avatar is really a photo of you, you have nothing to worry about. No matter who you are you are never going to look like the "perfect woman"; even most genetic females will never reach that level. It's funny that us crossdressers think we need to look like the air-brushed models on the cover of Vogue to appear female. I guess it is one the most significant things we have in common with genetic females![/SIZE]

Wow that's great Jennifer. Someday, I'm sure I'll have the same slide show with my SO but for now, the word is mummmmm. As for passing, it's all about the 'tude. If you feel comfortable, that's all that counts. What I've found out though is that for those of us born non-female, it's a matter of distance. For me I pass at about 20 paces give or take a few meters....depending on the type of day I've had and if I can not hit a darn crack in the pavement with the heels. The stumble and recovery tends to throw everything out of wack....

For those of us that are better at the makeup or more gifted from the girl upstairs, we can pass at even closer distances.

From my viewpoint, I may never get to that end, but I'm lovin the journey.. I take all sorts of ideas from the girls on this site and am on constant lookout for a new way of dressin up or gettin casual and still being feminine.

This neck thing is really givin me the hardest time. I stick with mostly turtlenecks as the season for this area really mandates it to keep from freezin your heels off.... Other than that there's a few neck exercises and then there is always makeup I guess....

Heck girl, you look great..

Renne.....

you look great hope you have many morehigh notes

I'll be honest. There are a number of people who post on this forum who I make no distinction whatsoever between what they are and what I perceive to be a female person. They look like girlfriends, sisters, mothers...

Gathering what I can from your picture... you're just another one of these girls.

Is that a compliment? I guess so.

The right clothing styles will go a long way to hide broad shoulders and such.
    Just make sure you have the proper balance in the hip/butt area to offset the shoulders. If you don't have that area padded then you probably will look like a man or at least a very athletic woman and the imbalance will attract that second look.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Even though I'm not a huge guy, my shoulders are broad, which will make it hard for me to pass as a girl when I start really dressing.
    But you definitely look like a woman in your avatar photo!
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What a wonderful way to end the week. It is interesting to develop and observe what others see and interpret. My baby steps have been guided by the advice i find here, and I hope to be accepting of the final level I can achieve as the wonderful girls here seem to be. No idea where I am going, or when I will get there, but not stopping.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only

Wife made an interesting and subtle observation

As she was looking through my Jennifer photos last night, she caught two I took in rapid succession, one smiling and one not. She said I looked much more mannish without the smile. So I asked, "Now I have to walk around with constant smile? People will think I'm a nut." "But a girl nut," she replied.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    You look great and to have an accepting wife is sure a plus. Passing is way overrated but what I have seen of you you've got nothing to worry about.
    I want to be this girl!

hey when you are dressed isn't it hard not to smile? I know it is for me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Good point Teri! Putting on a dress always puts a smile on me

Your wife is correct and very smart! Generally, women have a more pleasant look on their faces at all times as opposed to men. I have found that a quick little smile with brief eye contact does wonders for my being accepted as a woman. If you
    watch, most men go around looking as if they just tasted something sour. It will take a bit of practice to reach the point of where your pleasant look, gentle smile is natural but the dividends will be great.
    Hugs, Carole

Platinum Member
    I guess I can't blame our wives for not "understanding" our crossdressing, because its something that few of us can fully understand or explain ourselves. Be that as it may, its so great to have the support and constructive advice of your wife. What a great lady! And you do look pretty.

BTW, I have always thought female body builders looked pretty great.

You are cute and you do look pretty...Radiant, I'd say...smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Good point Teri! Putting on a dress always puts a smile on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    Girls you know it. I think there nothing makes a girl smile more than feeling pretty.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Hey Jennifer, you look beautiful! You made me smile. It must be contiguous

i'm glad to here you wife is soo supportive , i know i could have never acomplished what i have give her a big hug she deserves it

susie

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    I agree and I have to add I smile a lot more when I'm dressed and at the mall shopping
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Do you rent her out?

Banned Read only
    Sorry Alice, I have a monopoly on her services:-)

You are very lucky to have such a supportive wife! Has she helped you in perfecting such a good look as you look great in the photo.

Banned Read only
    Lucy, I always put myself together, then ask for feedback, so if I make a mistake, makeup or fashion, she'll let me know. I do ask her lots of questions about looking female and of course, many, many questions about clothes and what goes together. That's a mystery where you need an insider. Thanks for the compliment.