Thread: drivers license ?

drivers license ?

Just had a thought that when i go out ill have to show my id lol? Any of you had dramas with this ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cerebral Ninja
    The only place I go that requires ID is this trans-friendly club, and they (obviously) don't care. when I decide to go shopping dressed, I make sure to carry cash. and by the off chance I get pulled over, It can be the officer's awkward moment, not mine, lol.
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

Yeh my first view ventures will be to friendly places but id like to go elsewhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cerebral Ninja
    oh, i go all over XD They don't ID you at the store
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

Id

enfemme@local shop w/new clerk "But this card says (my birthname)!"Of course,she clocked me then.But seriously,I'm a much better driver as a girl.

The thought just occurred to me... who has tried to get their driver license picture taken while they were dressed? Did anyone give them a fuss?

Now I really wonder...

Nope, in my supergirl outfit, I'm a very cautious driver... and when I head off to the store I carry cash too. However, I once heard from a CDr that when she gets carded, she just says, I dressed differently for that picture and moves on..

Renne.....

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Have had to show DL many times while enfemme at the airport, never a problem. They do take a couple looks at the license just to see if it could be me. I have since gotten a state issued ID while enfemme just incase I meet with a real stickler for ID.
    I want to be this girl!

Gold Member
    If I am close enough to anyone that I am handing them my ID, they already have it figured out. So why worry about it. I wear my hair in a ponytail as a guy and down in femme. So to make it the closest to the middle for recognition, I had my last picture done with hair down. Not too far off from the ponytail look and gets it closer for when I am dressed up.

First of all, unless you completely pass, they are going to eventually know that you are a male under the clothes, wig and makeup. Therefore, do not hesitate to give them your ID when asked. Do it like you do in guy mode, being proud of who you are. They will check your age, or compare it to your credit card to make sure the names match up and then take your money. regarding having a femme pic on your drivers license, here in California you can do that., or just get a separate State issued ID with a femme pic while having your drivers license with the male pic. Just remember, at least here in California, that when your renewal license comes it will have the latest pic that is on file, which could be that cute femme pic on your ID.

Last I checked, here in N.Y. it is illegal to have both a Drivers license and a state issued non-drivers ID. If one desires a non-drivers ID then you need to give up your drivers license. I know this is not the case in some other states, but in NY you can have only one picture ID. I love New York.

AnitaH

I have a fairly androginous DL photo.

Aspiring Member
    I was dressed en fem when I had my DL picture taken four years ago. The lady at the DMV just smiled. My long hair was curled and I had makeup on. My given name is unisex which helps. When I go shopping while dressed I write a personal check and the SA will ask to see my ID. They never look where it says male. They just write down my DL number and hand my license back to me. Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by darci.c View Post
    The thought just occurred to me... who has tried to get their driver license picture taken while they were dressed? Did anyone give them a fuss?

Now I really wonder...
    I had my picture change with no problems.

I havent been out much at all.. Mostly around halloween time. Didnt have any problems..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Quote Originally Posted by darci.c View Post
    When I moved to Nevada last year and went to the DMV, I went dressed. Although the information on my DL is legal, the picture is all Holly. Nobody made any fuss whatsoever. As I am living mostly enfemme these days, it just made sense to me.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

South Carolina also does not allow both an Id and d.l. When I was up for renewal I went dressed and got a lot of looks, smiles from the woman and looks of disgust from the men. What do I care! I found at that time that my medical card had expired. I have to have a medical card for a CDL. I left there and went to a medical clinic for my check-up. I was more nervous about the clinic then DMV! I was in luck and had an older female Asian Doc. Long story short. Got a physical and went back to get CDL. I am good for another 4 years.

As Sue did, for my last MDV license I had my picture taken with my long hair down and a femme t-shirt. No makeup but quite androgynous. It works for either full presentation as well as the middle path which I am often at on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    When I moved to Nevada last year and went to the DMV, I went dressed. Although the information on my DL is legal, the picture is all Holly. Nobody made any fuss whatsoever. As I am living mostly enfemme these days, it just made sense to me.
    I agree. its best to have the ID picture up to date and accurate.

Why would you have to show ID except for the police?
    If you're old enough then it shouldn't be an issue. As for the police I have an ID that was done that states who and what I am and has my picture dressed. I keep this with my license and if need be I'll show the two together.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I went to a little chinese restaurant w/a bar near the hotel I was staying at last week. I walked over there dressed as "Kelly". I went up to the bar, and the old chinese woman working there asked me for my I.D, after I ordered a drink. I showed it to her, and she said that I look much younger in person. She didn't even flinch or say anything about me dressed as a woman. I took it as a compliment, had a few drinks, left her a nice tip & went back to my hotel room after about an hour.

I have a California State identification with my femme picture. It is official picture identification. I use it for TSA screening and ticket counter checks at the airport, and any other time an ID is needed. The only time I would have to show my driver's license is when it is required to be produced such as a traffic stop or other incident while I was driving a motor vehicle.

Getting mine was a complete non-event. For those in California, here is an article on how to go about getting one. http://www.rivercitygems.org/Facets/...fornia_id.html

Not a bad picture considering it was taken by the DMV, but my face looks fat. :-(

Last edited by Melissa Rose; 01-30-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added the last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    I have a California State identification with my femme picture. It is official picture identification. I use it for TSA screening and ticket counter checks at the airport, and any other time an ID is needed. The only time I would have to show my driver's license is when it is required to be produced such as a traffic stop or other incident while I was driving a motor vehicle.

Getting mine was a complete non-event. For those in California, here is an article on how to go about getting one. http://www.rivercitygems.org/Facets/...fornia_id.html

Not a bad picture considering it was taken by the DMV, but my face looks fat. :-(

thats the dmv for ya, as i know you are anything but fat.

loni