Thread: The first tiny step

The first tiny step

I have only been fully dressed in my apartment, although I under dress 24/7 and I wear clear nail polish during the work week and colored polish on weekends. I got up the courage to wear the colored polish when I visited my mother on Sundays. She gets a kick out of it since she never wears nail polish anymore.

On my way home today I decided to stop for a sandwich then looked at my nails. After a bit of indecision, I decided to go ahead and stop since the Subway had little foot traffic. As I pulled in to the shop, I noticed three groups of people getting sandwiches. Again, I almost skulked away but finally screwed up my courage and wondered in....... Nothing happened! I waited in line and chatted to the guy making sandwiches when it was my turn. He must have noticed when I handed him the money, but absolutely no reaction except to tell me he was tired and had been there a long time.

What's next I wonder..........

Julie

Good for your baby steps before you know u know it you will be dresing and going out

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Julie, I'm glad that you are venturing out a little. Take small steps. If you want to talk, let me know.
    Dana Ryan

Congrats Julie. see, that was easier than you expected. People in general don't give a hoot about who they see in day to day life. They just want to do their job and go home at the end of the day. You must think about your next venture out and have fun doing it.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Congrats, Julie- one more step than most of us!