Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you told your SO about you joining crossdressers.com?

Have you told your SO about you joining crossdressers.com?

I did a quick search and I couldn't find this posted.

Have you told your SO about joining this site and how were the reactions? Were you able to get her(or he) to join as well for the support/conversations of the other spouses?

As I've just joined (Hi everyone) and I try and be open and communicate with my Wife I'm thinking about letting her know. Of course I'll have to watch how I let her know ... No, I'm not leaving her, No I don't want to transition, NO I'm not looking for another relationship. I love her and I'm trying to understand myself.

Thanks y'all,
    Sam.

My current SO, yes. he didn't care.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hello Sam and welcome to the Forum. There was a post last year about whether it was advisable to invite the SO top this site. Many interesting replies. I personally do not have a current SO to care nor worry about. That being said, it would have to depend on how "rational" and how much common sense my SO has. That means, if she was cool and sensible, she would have no problem reading through the fantasies written about here and dwell on the more serious stuff and would be just fine. However, if she was not that way, I probably would not introduce her to this site.

Sam, I would think telling her about this site would depend on her level of comfort with you being a CD. Have you been married a long time? Did she just find out? If so how is she dealing with it? If she's not open to the subject it might be best to wait.

My husband is the one who introduced me to this site. I have found most here to be very helpful and supportive.

She knew of my 'habit' before we got married. I had to build a foundation for our relationship with honesty. We've been married a decade now (WOW) and still isn't comfortable with it.

I guess I've just answered my own question.

It would be a crime not to let the closest person to me, know me. So of course she knows. ^_^

Banned Read only
    Yes,I told my wife about this site. After coming out to her about my crossdressing, I vowed to never lie or withold information about anythng, ever again my life is an open book to her I have invited her to join but she is not really interested. She understands why I am here and how it has helped me.

Mine knows too Sam. Full disclosure with her. She is not compelled to join although we do talk about some of the topics here. She realizes I need the friendship of others like me.

Quote Originally Posted by SamGreen View Post
    She knew of my 'habit' before we got married. I had to build a foundation for our relationship with honesty. We've been married a decade now (WOW) and still isn't comfortable with it.

I guess I've just answered my own question.
    Interesting that you used the word "habit". Is that really how you see it or just the word you selected? According to what I've read on this site and have seen personally it's part of who the CD is.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My wife knows, but isn't interested in joining herself. I do share stuff that is on here with her though.
    Dana Ryan

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Told her I had joined and asked if she wanted to join too,she did but I believe she hasn't made any posts.She has a glance over my shoulder now and again to read something,and I sometimes will tell her of a certain post that I may think she would be Interested in.she also knows my log in details as I have nothing to hide.

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 01-30-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I told my SO about my crossdressing about 3 weeks ago. i also told her about this forum but she joined a Tri Ess site where there was support of the SO's of crossdressers. She has found great support there. She told me to stay away from that site which I will honour. But if she wanted to join this site I certainly would not object.
    I like my closet, its where all my clothes are

i have not told her about the forum, i am being slow in revealing all, when i told her about my cd,ing her reply was,,best we go shopping then,, so all is good

Maggie, can I ask how your wife found the Tri Ess group? Maybe it's something that my wife would find helpful as well.

While my wife has seen me browsing this site, she's not really interested, though. She has never been interested in these types of forums. She's more the Facebook type. We are opposites in many ways. However, I am impressed at how many folks here are in a honest relationship.

My SO encouraged me to join and joined herself. While she doesn't always visit the site she is usually at my side when I log in via laptop and then we talk about interesting threads as they come up.

I couldn't ask for more

I read this site for a while before I joined. My wife and I both decided that it would be a good idea to join and participate.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Crystal told me about this site a few months after we started dating, she got a lot of inspiration to tell me about her dressing because of the people on here. I'm so glad she did! I like the people on here, and I can skip the occasional panty thread if it means that I have such a good community of people around to talk to. I can't stress enough how nice it is to have others 'in the know' that I can talk to, and talk things over in privacy (in the FAB section for us GG SOs, there's also the GM section as a private place for you ladies!)

My SO and I joined at the same time - the site has been helpful to both of us.
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)

Aspiring Member
    I told her after I had been a member for about a month. I wanted to be comfortable with the content that appears here before I told her. It's hard enough getting an SO to accept or support your crossdressing, so I didn't want her to think I was joining a site for perverts and such. I told her she should join, but to date she hasn't.

yup, I was a member a week after we started discussing my CD'ing "for real" and after that I suggested that she would become a member to and she's been liking it!
    Now her university degree is taking a bit to much time so she havnt been online for a while tough
    My whole life I have been dressing up as a man. This is me.
    Maura - Transparent

Find me on any of these places:
    Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

Absolutely, and she is a member here also.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I joined within 48 hours of the first time Tina ever appeared, and asked my wife if she wanted to join. We often discuss issues that arise on this forum.

I think my wife has seen this site left on on the computer by mistake. If she knew how much I visit and post in here I think it would upset her. even tho my wife know about Denise she hates the fact that her man dresses like a woman at times. As a matter of fact I visit this site more than I do the other forums associated with cars and stuff. I guess I like coming here cause in here I am Denise, my wife wouldn't approve of a bunch of guys talking and acting like girls, to her it's weird!!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My wife knows, and we have discussed certain topics that have been brought up here. I got her to join, and she made maybe one or two posts. She is not comfortable on the computer, so these forums are new. She keeps saying she really needs and wants someone to talk to, but I cant get her to even log into the e mail account I set up for her. I know she would benefit greatly if she would chat with the wonderful GG here, as well as see the concerns other CD ers are experiencing as a comparison to what i am going through. In time she might become more active, but I cannot force her, just be available.

Let her know but do not force her

Babaes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.