Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you told your SO about you joining crossdressers.com?

I have not given any specifics about this forum in particular but I have mentioned a few times that I have visited a CD forum to get information and suggestions about certain things, mostly shopping and things relating to wigs, clothing and visiting certain places.
    Most of what I post is trying to be helpful and answer questions that people have about places that I have been or things that I have done.
    If I were meeting or getting together with other members or something of that nature I would be open about who I was meeting with/talking to and where I knew them from.

Banned Read only
    If I were to recommend to my wife a forum concerning cross dressing, I would suggest this cite. When I was lurking and checking out resource material/cites, I found too many cites that would cast a negative view on cross dressing. The last thing I would need is to have my wife 'google' cross dressing and get some hairy guy picture in panties and genitals showing through. Ugh!

I would also have to change my 'handle' because of the feelings I have expressed with anonymity. I doubt I could ever express my inner feelings with my wife, since she prefers the DADT relationship. Sometimes I hope she has done her own research and has realized there's nothing wrong with cross dressing, especially at the level of interest I exhibit.

Mine is very supportive about my dressing, we shared clothes when we were the same size - she is now a much smaller size. But I did get to keep all the shared stuff. I have shared stories from here, I recently suggested that she could join, but nothing has come of that. She doesn't get on the computer much anymore, she does her email and Facebook from her phone, not many websites from there, though. She may join someday, or at least visit.

SO! We had a talk last night. The first look wasn't all good, and I quickly went on to explain my thoughts I posted in the original post. I'm doing this for me. I also let her know this or other sites are there for SO's and the members here (THANKS Y'ALL!) said that they were very good for SO's and the plethora of feelings that they are experiencing.

It did get back to, 'yes, i know you dress, and NO, I don't want to be a part of it'. We both agreed that the kids are not going to be exposed to A N Y T H I N G ! I've seen the debates over the last week or so, and I still would give this blessing/curse up in a heart beat, and I don't wish it upon my kids. (I know I know, nature/nurture; I'm not trying to really discuss that right now and I don't mean to offend).

All in all, I think it went as well as when I told her about CDing originally. Maybe with me understanding myself better, she can too.

Thanks for all your support with this thread!
    Sam

After 7 years married with a young child my husband came out to me, his GG about 6 months ago.
    HUGE burden to unload and since the secrets out the secret has lost much power.
    He sent me the link to this page.
    I am happy for it!
    Doing his makeup tomorrow so he can rehearse for going out while we have some time.
    Best, Slo Jo
    (I am not in favor of outing onesself to an unaccepting individual. My SO tells me I am an exception. Personal history and all of the people involved in my past made me who I am.
    I am super glad this forum existst for those in need of acceptance while playing it safe.)
    Last edited by Slo Jo; 02-02-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Caution and care of others

Wink My short answer to your question is, "No!"

Quote Originally Posted by SamGreen View Post
    Have you told your SO about joining this site and how were the reactions? Thanks y'all, Sam.
    Welcome to the forum, Sam. My short answer to your question is, "No," even though she supports me 100%, Now, that may not sound fair to some of you "old" diehards out there,, but she is not, repeat NOT, ready for Misti, yet. FYI/FEI Misti may never, ever come to light? There is a lot more involved in this than a simple "Yes," or "No!" It is far, far more involved and highly complex than "Simple Honesty, and NOT LIVING A LIE;" and this is my cross to bear, and no one elses. PERIOD.

To her I am Lola, exactly as the name implies. However, I am still bringing her along because I haven't been able to get that last, i.e., final step finished above the shoulders, yet!

BTW "It is coming slowly, but surely"...
    P.S. I just posted my "UC shingle" elsewhere in a post a few minutes ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Told my wife just after telling her about Jessica. This site has helped her understand a lot. We browse it together, and she even asks me when the next time I will be on is. LOL. She loves seeing everything, and there is a lot to see!
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I have told my wife that i'm a member here. She has said she doesn't want to join, but she does come on here (as a guest) to see what i've written about etc.
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    but she does come on here (as a guest) to see what i've written about etc.
    Katie
    That's the reason why I don't intend to show this site to my wife. She remains somewhat uneasy about the way I am and doesn't want to discuss it much. I'm hoping this forum will give me a chance to talk more, and maybe share things with you lot I'm not ready/able to share with her. This isn't being dishonest; only recently she agreed that it was hard for me not being able to talk about it and said I should find someone (else) to talk to. This place is my answer to that and, once I've got my feet under the table I will let her know about it - but not give her the url!

No, not yet. I don't think she would object, but I just haven't found the right opportunity to discuss it with her.

Kira

Evening Jag,

I've found that some things on this site have helped me talk to my SO about things. I've let her know about this site, and the Tri ESS but I think there will be that snowballs chance... but global warming is changing things; maybe there is hope!

It has helped me already in sorting some things out in my head. That alone makes it all worth it, y'all are great!

Sam
    Last edited by SamGreen; 02-04-2012 at 09:58 PM.

I haven't told my wife about the site yet. As with post above she is not ready to confront my cd head on, and my very first post was very personal all of which she has never heard before unless it involved her directly. I joined to help others learn from my experience and in turn learn from everyone else. Through this process I hope to better learn and be able to explain why i love women's lingerie. Does the bra and panties make me feel more feminine or do I wear them because i am feminine.
    Lingerie addict.
    I'm sexy and I know it in boy mode or girl.
    *Jennifer*

Unhappy

Havnt told her yet. i really need too. if i wait to long she is gonna see as keepin a secret. that not a good thing. She knows i like to dress girlie but i got catch her in the right mood. i can c her side with the keepin a secret. she helps me dress and do my make up but i wood like to do that more often than i feel is comfortable with. i want to tell because being able to talk here has helped me so much !!!!!!

Told my SO and she joined. No tthat she needs support or has questions. She is very comfortable about my being a CD. She rarely comes to this site since she has a handful raising 3 grandchildren and simply does not have the time. There is nothing I don't share with her. We are 100% open and honest with each other and hide nothing.

I told my SO about it when i joined. She is a member also. She just has 8 posts and trying to get her to kick it in the behind so all may identify her as my SO
    Formerly CDGigi

Miriam
    My wife has always been supportive and helpful, but doesn't have much interest in another web site - she spends quite enough time online each day as is. But I do share some of the better items from here, along with some of the nice material from other sites to help her understand better.

Miriam