Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smiles?

I always smile in my pictures. Because I'm just so gosh darn happy I guess. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I'm just not a big smiler. Combination of my face looking all crunched up, and the poor teeth from growing up in England with NHS dentists. If I won the lottery, my first purchase would be a new set of chompers. I do laugh a lot, and smile, but not in photos. My sense of humour usually gets other people smiling though, my delivery is very dead-pan.

Talking Smile!

I always smile when I am dressed because I feel wonderful and when people see me I want to look happy, not sad or stoic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ya I hate my teeth as well. I smile but rarely show my chompers!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
    I'm just not a big smiler. Combination of my face looking all crunched up, and the poor teeth from growing up in England with NHS dentists. If I won the lottery, my first purchase would be a new set of chompers. I do laugh a lot, and smile, but not in photos. My sense of humour usually gets other people smiling though, my delivery is very dead-pan.

I've never found it easy to smile, even when I'm very happy. My face just doesn't seem to want to work that way. I know a lot of real women who have gorgeous smiles. I chucked a lot of photos of me en femme because though I tried to smile it never seemed to come out. The keepers are all ones that really do have a good smile. I love the one to the left <<<---

Hannah

@Michelle - At least your smile gives you them cute lil' cheeks. I look like someone getting fired feet first from a cannon.

I have never been able to smile. This has always been an area of contention whenever I was photographed. But since dressing I've been working/practising my smile. Some of my femme pictures seem to have a good smile. Maybe there's something about my femme side coming out. Still need to practice so that it looks more natural and comes more naturally but it is worth the effort.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

β€œIt is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Cute lil cheeks hehehe thanks!! They do pop out dont they lol.
    Practice in the mirror till you find one you think is decent and then learn it, repeat it. There is one hiding there!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
    @Michelle - At least your smile gives you them cute lil' cheeks. I look like someone getting fired feet first from a cannon.

I read recently (can't remember where) of a young woman who had just been hired as a flight attendant on one of the Asian airlines. They apparently take appearance and presentation very seriously and the article described how she practiced wearing her uniform the entire day before her first flight while gripping a pencil in her teeth to develop/enhance the "eight teeth smile".

I have tried it briefly to no great success, but perhaps one of you young 'uns might find this useful...

-jj

lol I am trying the pencil in the teeth now. Ill let you know how it works out for me lol. Feels a little silly but I can see how it would help. I hate showing my teeth when I smile because it looks so unnatural; to me at least. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    I read recently (can't remember where) of a young woman who had just been hired as a flight attendant on one of the Asian airlines. They apparently take appearance and presentation very seriously and the article described how she practiced wearing her uniform the entire day before her first flight while gripping a pencil in her teeth to develop/enhance the "eight teeth smile".

I have tried it briefly to no great success, but perhaps one of you young 'uns might find this useful...

-jj

smile

touched by closeup.jpg
    I was so happy when this pic was snapped!
    Dana Fleming

There was a question on the radio, about 4months ago, they asked what does woman do 80 times a day that men do about 6 times. The answer please SMILE SO girls we all need to smile more special when we are ladies. Besides being dress in a pretty dress, how can you not smile with joy!!!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

LMAO so true! Ughh!! xD
    Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    This is one of the things that puzzels me most. If you watch most GG's, when tbey smile, their top lip is above their top teeth almost in the gums above the teeth, but when most of us smile and our top lip falls below the bottom of the top teeth. If we try and smile hard enough to get our lip up, we look like we are having digestive problems!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    In drab, I do not smile, but adopt the neutrality stance also. This bothered me as I so wanted to feelhappy and smile when en femme, but did not think I could do it. However, once I had the wig on, and applied some makeup, I felt so happy that I had to smile. It will never be the GG smile we all adore, but I found one I think works for me. It is so hard to do naturally, but when it feels right, it becomes second nature. Now I can't dress without one. Now where did those Crest Whitening strips go.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I have also read (heard?) that beauty pageant contestants put vaseline on their upper front teeth to help the upper lip slide up when they smile. It sounds ucky to me, but it may be another helpful training technique.

-jj

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    I have also read (heard?) that beauty pageant contestants put vaseline on their upper front teeth to help the upper lip slide up when they smile. It sounds ucky to me, but it may be another helpful training technique.

-jj
    I've heard that it prevents lipstick from transferring to the teeth as well.

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    I'm smiling just reading this thread - I never realised that GG's smiled so much more than guys!

When I smile my face looks more square and masculine. I'm probably not doing it right. Sigh! Just one more feminine nuance to put on my "Need to Learn" list.

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar
    I'm the same. I can't master the female way of smiling showing the top teeth. It just looks like I'm 'gurning'.
    Whenever I smile for the camera it looks fake.
    I tend to go for the 'sultry' look.
    I'll have to keep practicing.
    β€œI don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Makeup addict!
    I love a girl that smiles. That's probably why I like crossdressers that smile a lot

There must be something to that survey about how often men smie. I have to remind myself to smile - but this I learned over the years - if someone gives me "the look" when I am out and about in femme, I flash the biggest smile I can muster and it works wonders. They are totally disarmed.