Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smiles?

smiles?

I have noticed this for awhile. I look forward to seeing how amazingly femine you girls can be in all the new pics that are posted. I watch the progress as you master your look and get better and better. You talk about how happy you are when dressed, However I rarely see a smile in your pics? Most of you look down right deppressed. Some of you do smile and it makes your pics even cuter.
    I know when I am dressed I can't keep from smiling I am so happy. I understand most of us are depressed and hiding in the closet is not fun but this is what makes us happy. Plus I have read that a nice smile can add femininitty to our faces since most guys rarely show much emotion or smile. I see alot of women smile alot more than men, and I think that is one of the most beautiful things on a woman.
    Thats just my opinion and I was wondering what everyone thought about it.

I see what you mean, there are a lot of pictures and the ladies are not smiling. When I get the funds to get a wig and makeup so I can do a facial shot, I plan on having a large smile. Even though I am in the closet, when I put on any amount of clothes I get a warm feeling inside and a large smile comes over me. Thanks for the topic.

Banned Read only
    Well, you know me Sara, as a representative of the smiling crew, I just can't help it! Also, when I look at side by sides one with and one without smiles, my face appears more angular with a smile and that is a more female face shape!

I agree I see a lot of pics without smiles and smiles do make you loo better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    One of the first things my wife explained to me is that women smile...a lot. She made a point of telling me that because as a male I seldom smile in normal social settings, and when I do it's just a terrible smile.

I'm working on it, but I'm not yet happy with my smile. Just looking at Karren's smile makes me soooo jealous

tina

This is one of the things that puzzels me most. If you watch most GG's, when tbey smile, their top lip is above their top teeth almost in the gums above the teeth, but when most of us smile and our top lip falls below the bottom of the top teeth. If we try and smile hard enough to get our lip up, we look like we are having digestive problems!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sara, I'm strange, I cannot smile with my mouth open. I always smile with my mouth closed. If I try to smile with my mouth open it looks totally fake and my eyes are scrunched up.lol. I never have liked having my picture taken either though. Since I joined here I've taken more pictures than the entire amount I have had in my whole life but they are all enfemme now. So I guess there is some progress.

The first time I saw myself in the mirror after total makeup, false eyelashes, wig and lipstick, I had a smile on my fast that stayed there for a few days. I love to smile, especially the small little smile at another woman when we catch each others eyes. It is so nice. I do that in male mode now and it still works. Smiles rock!

You know, I've never really noticed that women smile more than men. Perhaps, that's because there's only a few women that play a large role in my life. One the other hand, the engineering department I work in is all male, and all of them smile - Often.

As for me, I sometimes feel like the Cheshire Cat. I think a smile is the more natural expression for me. I discovered long ago that the more I smile the better I feel. (Kinda obvious, eh?)

I happen to love photography, and although people pictures aren't my chief interest, I've discovered that it's almost impossible to screw up a photo when the subject has a natural smile and is comfortable in front of the camera. That's one reason why so many young children are so photogenic.

However, if your subject isn't real comfortable, even a fake smile is better than no smile, (unless they have really bad teeth). A small, weak smile typically outshines a dull, disinterested expression. Candid shots are often the best approach when someone isn't comfortable. You may get a bunch of really awful pictures, but every digital camera has a delete button - Use it! The advantage of candid shots is that you'll eventually get that perfect, once in a lifetime shot. Oh, and having fun always helps.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Sara, I'm strange, I cannot smile with my mouth open. I always smile with my mouth closed. If I try to smile with my mouth open it looks totally fake and my eyes are scrunched up.lol. I never have liked having my picture taken either though. Since I joined here I've taken more pictures than the entire amount I have had in my whole life but they are all enfemme now. So I guess there is some progress.
    I have the same smile deficiency. I have never been able to smile and show teeth without it looking totally weird. For me, all smiles are mouth closed.

I remember my wife saying "smile" when taking my photo... And my reply was always "I am!". It took a lot of practice to learn how to smile... Now I can't stop..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    There are folks (like myself) who are naturally rather somber, and it does not come naturally to smile. When I have my picture taken I have to consciously remember to smile.

Platinum Member
    I'm just not good at smiling on cue. In real life, I smile without thinking about it, but I just hate...hate my photographs.

Silver Member
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I have been here long enough to have heard all the excuses. "I CAN'T smile." "I look horrid when I smile." "It's not natural when I smile."

BS. All BS.

Smile. It's often the key, the missing key to your presentation. Smile. A big s**t eatin' grin, for goodness sake. Smile. Look at Karren Hutton's avatars. She knows how to smile.

It's true. Women smile. We smile at children, we smile at each other, we smile at dudes, and sometimes we just smile to ourselves 'cause we are so happy.

So show some teeth. And SMILE.

S

I can just cut and photoshop all of Karren's smiles on my pictures! Yeah that's it.

It just takes practice - but really we can ALL smile, after all just look in the mirror and realize what you are doing---see! now all together 1,2,3 SMILE.....................Debra

It's all about tude. Mystery. Allure. Plus smiling all the time is so 'out there'. To me 'happiness' is overrated. I prefer emotional neutrality. But I'm friendly to most ppl I encounter. Sometimes I might come across as preoccupied or aloof but I'm really Not. I care! I accept most ppl and am just as good/bad/indifferent as most ppl probably are from day to day.

The smile is one of my hardest 'moves' to present. I have tried pics with a smile exposing only the top teeth and a smile with a grin. None can seem to match the smile of a GG. Somethin' 'bout that upper lip... Maybe that'll be my next surgury....

Renne.....

This is the smile that I'm aiming for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    The smile is one of my hardest 'moves' to present. I have tried pics with a smile exposing only the top teeth and a smile with a grin. None can seem to match the smile of a GG. Somethin' 'bout that upper lip... Maybe that'll be my next surgury....

Renne.....

This is the smile that I'm aiming for.
    That's NOT a smile. Look again at Karren Hutton. She is smiling.

When I had my first photos taken I really thought I was smiling but the pictures proved different. I guess I felt so good dressed up I was smiling on the inside. It is hard to get a natural smile on film I smile wait for the click and wait and lose it. But I agree a good smile makes for a great photo.

How's this? lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

I, too have noticed this and do not understand it. Women smile much more than men. A nice, quick little smile when I am out en femme works wonders!
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I can just cut and photoshop all of Karren's smiles on my pictures! Yeah that's it.
    Here's little copywrite symbols embedded in my lips on all my photos!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm guilty of not smiling much in my pictures, but it's just because I'm self-conscious of my crooked front teeth. Now that I've had my wisdom-teeth removed, I plan to get braces as soon as I can.

In my opinion, the best pictures are the ones that catch you in a big, hearty, natural laugh...even though they can sometimes look a little goofy.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

I couldn't agree with you more Sara! A smile should be the first impression you make with anyone regardless of your gender expression. Why so? Thinks of someone you met that seemed to have magnetic personality. Chances are they greet people with a smiling facial expression. Now think of someone that you might avoid or do not like. I'll bet they always come across as a sour puss from the start.

Facial expressions are an extremely important form of interpersonal communication. If you want to make a great and lasting first impression, don't frown or scowl. Remember that a picture without a smile never gets any better. Like Karren say, practice you smile until it becomes natural.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.