Thread: why do we dress?

Makeup addict!

why do we dress?

I have never had a desire to live my life as a woman, and I identify myself as a man and view myself as such and love my manhood. Most of the day, I don't want to dress as a girl and have no desire to do so. When I see a dress I like or a girl in a nice outfit, I want to put it on. That is one thing, but I am confused as to why I and many others want to dress up and be a woman. I have been a girl before, wearing a wig, makeup, dress, hosiery, heels, a bra, panties, with a purse strapped on my shoulder by my breasts. I looked like a girl and I was real sexy, but I didn't feel any different, so why would I want to take makeup and feminize my face? It's just something that confuses me. Even right now as I type this, I have a desire to put on a LBD, brown wig, toe peep heels, and be a girl again. I just don't understand why

It sounds like it's not a fetish to you, but that you genuinely enjoy the process of dressing. I don't think that it's too important to understand the "why" as long as you yourself enjoy it. A lot of people here, including me, do not plan to live their lives as women and identify as men, but simply enjoy the feeling of wearing clothes that are more fun and interesting.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Who cares? Why why would anyone need to explain it?

I can't count how many times I ask myself that question each and every time I dress. It's a question that will probably never be answered. It shouldn't have to be answered.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I just do it for the stress relief. When I get stressed out or frustrated, I can become Staci for a few hours and be someone else. It's kinda like having another dimension to your life that you can step into when you want an escape. For me it isn't a sexual thing. I'm also heterosexual. I'm married and my wife knows I dress. In 7 more weeks I'll be a first time father.

Staci is a part of my life, but I don't want to be her permanently--then she would become boring and not be an escape anymore. I'd rather have her there for me when my male skin gets a little too tight and I need to relax.

Best of luck to you.
    Staci

I totally feel the same!!

Quote Originally Posted by ME2.0 View Post
    I just do it for the stress relief. When I get stressed out or frustrated, I can become Staci for a few hours and be someone else. It's kinda like having another dimension to your life that you can step into when you want an escape. For me it isn't a sexual thing. I'm also heterosexual. I'm married and my wife knows I dress. In 7 more weeks I'll be a first time father.

Staci is a part of my life, but I don't want to be her permanently--then she would become boring and not be an escape anymore. I'd rather have her there for me when my male skin gets a little too tight and I need to relax.

Best of luck to you.
    Staci

I don't care. I used to, but I've found that each time I've tried to explain it to my wife I end up seeking to justify it and I trap myself in self-imposed rules - 'I don't do this, I don't feel that, I wouldn't like such and such' - so I've stopped trying to explain it to her and stopped trying to explain it to myself.

For the same reason that girls keep looking for "Prince Charming" to take them away.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There is a very simple reason why I dress - because I feel so wonderful when I do. Nothing else can make me feel so good but I guess the real question is why I gain so much pleasure from transforming myself into a woman and I guess that is what you are really asking Katiegal. Its is probably the most commonly discussed issue amongst CDs and there are lots of answers on this forum and to many it remaines a mystery. I just want to keep doing it as much as possible

Cerebral Ninja
    Personally, I just like feeling pretty from time to time, and It's a good stress reliever as well. I don't really try to focus on "why"...It's just me, and I love me
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Katie,
    Since there will never be an answer, just "Go With It" and enjoy this gift.
    Rachael

There is no real answer for me other than I love being a CD. For me, being feminine is a total stress relief for me.

Because it's alot easier than wrestling an aligator in Louisiana?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post
    , but I didn't feel any different, so why would I want to take makeup and feminize my face?
    I am quite the opposite on this point. I DO feel different. I feel pretty. I feel a since of calm and satisfaction.

Or as they used to say back in the hippie days ... if it feels good, do it!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Platinum Member
    For some of us, the desire to dress is an expression of a desire to live as a woman, at least a portion of our lives. That doesn't answer why we have this desire or need of course....that may not be knowable.

I dress for the simple reason, it so darn fun! I have never wanted to really be a woman but its so fun to mess with the boundaries of man and woman. The other night at the movies (saw red tails, good movie) I felt so awesome. I don't get to dress often, three or four times per month if I'm lucky, therefore I like to dress it up a little. I caught men on dates or with their wife checking me out. That's really exciting, not because I'm attractive to them but that I tricked them. I was also made by some but that fun in it on way. I just really enjoy the feel of stockings, skirts, dresses, and tits.

"If it feels good do it."
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I am quite the opposite on this point. I DO feel different. I feel pretty. I feel a since of calm and satisfaction.
    I have to go with my girl Jennifer on this one. Who really cares, but if you find out let us know.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

The most common answers are 'it feels good' or ' it is relaxing'. Yes it does both, there is a lot of speculation that its the release of endorphine in the brain. I truely believe this, like most here, I am a heterosexual married man who is quite happy in my boy mode, and even happier in my girl mode. It took a long time to accept it, but I now look at it as a gift that I would not trade for the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You ask why do we dress?
    I ask why not? And why do I need a reason?
    I do it because I can, now this not a smart=a answer it is a fact that took years to realize!
    The reasons are so varied and diverse it is realy just an abstract ideal, and the need is only relivent when there is an outside stimulus that requires attention.

You seem to regard gender expression as a black or white issue, while overlooking the shades of gray in which we cders exist. You love being a man so you can't understand why you would occasioally want to be a woman?
    If you consider that we have both male and female personality traits in varying degrees, then it would only seem natural that we would want to express our female side at least part of the time. And crossdressing is a powerful way of allowing her to exist in the physical realm.
    Dont' look at crossdressing as some kind of freak of nature, but as a variation of nature. Just as a whale lives in the ocean and breathes air, we cders live in male bodies and express certain female personality traits. It may seem like an absurdity to some, but not to the whale.

Tanya I think that you have hit the nail on the head. Women have two X genes XX says there all woman. Men don't have two Y chromosomes we have one X and one Y and the X comes first. Everyone of us starts out as female and when exiting the birth canal there might some extra estrogen around the area.

Who do you look like when you're made up. Remember you have some of your grandmother's chromosomes. Girls are what we like, nobody is trying to emulate men. Who looks better in tights Superman or Supergirl. Hey LOL I've seen me naked!
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!