Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone read this page stopcrossdressing.com

OMG I just read from the website listed in the OP titled in guest post"The Bible is NOT silent on the subject of trans-genderism" and that's it, I think everyone is entitled to a say but this is so over the fence. This is written with so much garbage this site is like whacko. I bet they similar about gays, masturbation, sex ( especially out of wedlock), and standard of dress at dinner. Like give me a break this is utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The devil made me do it!
    It was Karren that lured me into this life of glamour! Honest Ma!

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have seen that site but I understand one of the fundamental the rules of the internet. Rule #1 Don't feed the trolls. Rule #2 if you are on a "anti-___" site and you want to give an opposing viewpoint, see rule #1

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Renee View Post
    I have seen that site but I understand one of the fundamental the rules of the internet. Rule #1 Don't feed the trolls. Rule #2 if you are on a "anti-___" site and you want to give an opposing viewpoint, see rule #1
    So I guess it's best to just roll with the mojority. Roll not against the grain. Flow along with with what the majority says? Even if we disagree?. Although I disagree with that, I do know that it is best for us to go along those lines, forget individualism, and roll with the main flow to keep down diversities, and arguments, and keep things less complicated.
    Peace, love and tremendous respect to all of you here.
    L&R.....................................Tara
    Last edited by ReineD; 02-05-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: I missed this one before and for the last time, Katyana deleted her own posts. Stop bashing the forum.

Banned Read only
    I saw this while researching cross dressing to further understand myself. It did not upset me because I viewed it as his own manifesto. I say he is where I may have been fifty plus years ago, wondering why I was what I was. I actually pity him because 2012 is now. I wish I was a teenager now, not in the 1960's. I remember sitting in church listening to the pastor telling all sinners, we were all headed to hell. His god was the god of punishment. My God is the God of love. Man does not judge. God judges. And, I've found many people have not changed since the 1960's. Most have. Or at least many are not as judgmental.

I've done the manly things society has demanded or suggested. I have married. I have raised a family. I have always worked. I have never collected unemployment. I support worthy organizations and endeavors.

Yet, I am a cross dresser????????????????????
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 02-03-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Deletion

I am a christian and that website is all too stereotypical of the "religious right." It is contradicting, ignorant, and narrow-minded. The bible I read encourages none of that, rather it says to gain prudence, not to judge others, and embraces doing healthy activities, among many other things.... I will admit that I had similar opinions growing up that this guy has, but I decided to face the issue and learn(online, books, talking with peers, prayer, etc.) for the last couple years especially (still learning more everyday!!). I have come out a better person (I hope!! haha), and have found out how much fun dressing up can be, especially with my wife helping out!! This guy could benefit by challenging his views and maybe he will learn something about himself and his faith. I won't get preachy, but if my faith didn't allow me to question it and grow from it, then it wouldn't be worth much to me.
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

I'm inclined to believe that some religious folks would be motivated to stop the crossdressing because of their value-based internal conflicts, even if the CDing was not fetishistic and did not negatively impact their concentration at work or their marital relationships. I also wouldn't put it past some religious groups to use such a blog to demonize the CDing.

But what of the religious CDers who did not experience internal conflict in the beginning, yet over time found that they could not control their sexual urges or balance their lives? Might they want to stop primarily in order to regain control? They might convince themselves it is a sin in order to make it easier to stop, and they will convince themselves that God can help. Do these CDers want to stop because they believe it is a sin, or because they want to be productive at work and not have the sexual aspect of the CDing come between them and their wives?

I'd also like to know if there are out of control, non-religious fetish CDers in the same situation. What methods would they use if they wanted to regain control of their lives?

I'm not suggesting that all fetish dressers lose control, but it is a matter of degree just as it is with alcohol. A small percentage of people simply will be impacted negatively by the sexual aspect of the CDing, just as most people can enjoy the benefits of alcohol, while others will become alcoholic.

--------------------------------------------

I've also deleted a post in this thread that was overly sarcastic in its criticism of the religious stance, and also the response to it by another member.

I know that we cannot stay away from mentioning the fact that religion may play a role in the blog owner to want to stop, but I do not want this thread to degenerate into a discussion of how various religions view the CDing and whether these views are right or wrong. This type of discussion belongs in the Religious Discussion section.

So please folks, keep your focus away from religion in this thread, else it will be closed. The quote in the OP focused on the progression of the CDing and the blog owner's wish to stop.
    Last edited by ReineD; 02-03-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    Reine

SHAME
    SHAME
    SHAME

That site is about shame.
    Leave religion out of it..
    When a person is ashamed (for whatever reason, it is not always religion) then this is what happens...

His response to his shame is evident in his posts.. Shame is about being a wrong person, a lesser being...I am not worthy!!!...shame is an incredibly powerful thing to feel, and it dominates you because shame is about who you are...
    It dominates so much so that he betrays his true nature through whatever stuff he posts...

Self control is totally different matter...crossdressing less because your wife doesnt like it is about love and self control..

i feel sad for him, because i have felt ashamed about being transsexual, and i know how horrible that feels

Please just stop

Wish they would stop !!! Then when I go to the store I wont have to worry about them being out of my size ,, There is nothing worse than a getting all dolled up an going to the store and already know what your going for an just to have some other lady wanna be hed already got the last pair os size 12 shoes that you wanted Crappppppppp so all those that want to give it up esspecialy around where I live go ahead makes it easyer for the rest of us , But always remember one thing just keep it to your self about what YOU want an dont want !!!!!!!! Ya know what I always say ????? SEE BELOW
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    Does not describe me at all.
    Doesn't describe me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The devil made me do it! Lol. I posted a comment on About... Let's see if ut gets posted.. Its waiting moderation... I'm thinking not...
    Probably not, although if they are open-minded, they will post both sides of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    His thoughts are just as legit as anyone else's and I respect his observation of his crossdressing just as much as I do with someone at the other end of the thought spectrum
    As do I, but I have noticed that this is the only type of situation marked for discussion....as if that alone was representative of every other situation that would occur. As crossdressers, we all know that isn't true. We have a multitude of people on this site, that have many different reasons to do what we do. People reading this blog will perceive this one situation as a cookie-cutter type of behaviour, when that is simply incorrect. That to me, is where the problem lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    If you look at the right side menu you'll see links with a religious factor. So I see how this blog is motivated.
    Of course. I find that most are. Once religion enters the picture, then rational, logical, cool-headed discussion goes right out the window.

If anyone needs to quit and can quit more power to them. I'll keep on dressing though because I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong and my emotional well being hinges on my dressing up. Girl time!!!
    It's really the same as anything else in life. Something taken to extremes can cause problems. But this is one situation, and one case. Not everybody will act like this guy. Lots of us have no problems with any kind of behaviour addiction....including crossdressing. Look how many of us have quit crossdressing because we didn't feel a need to do it for literally years....and I include myself in that situation. I have always prided myself as being in control of what I do. I'd say most of us on here can say the same. But my biggest problem with any religious-based blogs is that they look at one situation and then go on to preach the evils of that 'lifestyle' - as if every one of us who crossdresses is headed down the same road eventually.
    Last edited by Piora; 02-03-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

A nice quote from this website:

"However, what many don’t realize is that the devil can be the guy in blue jeans and a t-shirt. He could be your therapist, counselor, or another crossdresser."

Ah, doesn't this take me back to the good, old days, the heady days of my youth, learning about all the hidden snares in my path, so that I could grow up to be righteous and pure and holy, like I was meant to be from the beginning! What went wrong? How could I have strayed so far? I'm must have, unbeknownst to poor me, run into a crossdresser somewhere and picked up an infection, that turned out to be incurable. And no telling how many I, totally unwittingly, have infected in turn. What will it all come to in the end?

If that site and the person behind it are actually real, it looks like someone was so confused, they made the mistake of picking up a bible or went to see a religious therapist.

Masturbation is wrong? Dressing is so wrong that now that I have stopped my life is wonderfull! (paraphrasing).

Honestly, to each their own.

This is not the first time I have seen someone spout when they made a big change in their life that was so humongous that they feel that EVERYONE should be thinking and doing what they did.

It reminds me of what someone once told me in the same type of thought. "Their is nothing worse than an Ex-Smoker. LOL

This seems to me yet again of another example of someone trundling out their soul-robbing, mind-numbing religious beliefs and then shoving them down everyone else's throats. Masturbation is healthy and cross dressing is an expression of our authentic selves so it is healthy also. The fact that this person is rotting from within because of unprovable, irrational beliefs is the true cause of his pain- not the fact that he cross dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    SHAME
    SHAME
    SHAME

That site is about shame.
    Leave religion out of it..
    When a person is ashamed (for whatever reason, it is not always religion) then this is what happens...
    I'm glad you pointed that out. I was trying to think of the right word, but you got it exactly right. He is certainly struggling with immense shame.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan