Thread: doctors visit.

Banned Read only

doctors visit.

I went for a full physical today. The doc asked me why my toe nails are done. I told her I am a cross dresser. Do you have a problem with it??? Were not big sissies after all LMAO!

It is really kind of a dumb question for a doctor to ask. The best response is "I like them that way".
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Since most men don't have painted toe nails, the doctor's question was entirely normal!! Your doctor is supposed to know why things are the way they are. My finger and toe nails are always painted, pale pink on my fingers and bright red on my toes. My doctors know that I am a crossdresser, so they don't ask me questions about the painted nails! My 2 female doctors do compliment me on the colors of my nails!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Even although family and general practitioners are physical doctors, all of them have some training in Psychology. So, apart from standard curiosity, they have a desire to find out everything about their patients, that may, or may not be conducive to good physical health. The more they know about their patients' background, and habits...the better they can do their job.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Guy plans a hunting vacation- gets an out of state permit, (big$$$), week off during busy season at work, rents a hummer, etc.
    Gets to the hunting grounds- finds out the season does not start for a week. He freaks out. Then figures he has a solution: Get's his deer, he throws the carcass over his shoulder, carries it back to the hummer- he'll deep freeze it, thaw later and claim he shot it in season.

Game warden is waiting at the hummer.

"What's that on your shoulder?"

Guy looks at his left shoulder- "Oh, that's my rifle- just out practicing for deer season next week..."

Warden: "Uh huh. What's that on your other shoulder?"

Guy look right, does a double take, jumps and swats the deer off his shoulder: "Yeee! Ewwww! What the..."

I can see you doing the same thing-

jump around the office pretending to freak out...

"Gee, thanks for the observation Dr. Obvious, glad that 12 years of medical school paid off... "

The key is doing all this (not the deer part) with a wry smile on your face- as if you are including the doc in your sarcastic thesis.... I do this with my students sometimes- (on the topic at hand, not CD) it gets everyone laughing including the student. (I follow up by telling the class that i know at least half of them had the same question- 'dumb' questions are 98% attempts of verification or clarification- an awesome goal!)

I can't wait to see Karren's response!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Since most men don't have painted toe nails, the doctor's question was entirely normal!! Your doctor is supposed to know why things are the way they are. My finger and toe nails are always painted, pale pink on my fingers and bright red on my toes. My doctors know that I am a crossdresser, so they don't ask me questions about the painted nails! My 2 female doctors do compliment me on the colors of my nails!!
    You make a good point Stephanie- but i expect physicians to have a bit more presence of mind- even if the avg iq of a doctor is mid 120's (depends on the study) this is only 1.5 sigma- it's entirely possible that doc was on the lower end- near population average, and just did not know.

I imagine House (series) seeing painted nails.

Okay everyone- what would Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) say?

My answer: Nothing, except perhaps noting the color is more of a "Spring" color than a "winter" color...
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-04-2012 at 08:48 AM.

I wonder if a doctor would ask a person wearing a nose ring why they are wearing the nose ring? A nose ring is more unusual than nail polish.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

On my last physical about 2 months ago, I was wearing panties, which I wear 24/7. I had my toe nails painted red but still had socks on because the floor was cold. (Really the floor was quite cold!) When my doctor, who is female took my socks off, my newly painted toe nails sprang to full view. I don't think she was quite expecting that, and although she is very conservative in nature, she did not say one word about either. From what I understand most doctors have seen it all and a whole lot more.
    Jsunic I'm sure that your doctor will appreciate you that much more on your next visit.
    I like my closet, its where all my clothes are

Silver Member
    Don't feel bad, whenever I see a doctor and they examine me, they always notice my shaved body immediately and ask me about it. I know they have the fact I am a TV in my chart anyway (I saw it in there), but they never make the connection.

It would have been nice if your doctor had then asked how you were doing with the cross dressing, were there any issues that you wanted help with, how was if affecting your life etc. If we physicians want to care for the whole patient we need to be supportive.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Don't feel bad, whenever I see a doctor and they examine me, they always notice my shaved body immediately and ask me about it. I know they have the fact I am a TV in my chart anyway (I saw it in there), but they never make the connection.
    I didn't know that being a transvestite is something that doctors write down in their charts. What is it that makes an interest in wearing women's clothes chart-worthy as opposed to an interest in, say, fishing? Do they put it under a type of disorder or condition or is it a separate note? I'm just curious.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Sveta,
    It probably depends on the doctor. One who is interested in your overall health may make a note (see a lot of patients and can't remember every thing) in something of a code such as "discussed special interest today." Protects your confidentiality and serves as a reminder to see how things are on the next visit. And yes, we do talk about fishing, cars, knitting, the kids and anything else that is part of the patient's life.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    I wonder if a doctor would ask a person wearing a nose ring why they are wearing the nose ring? A nose ring is more unusual than nail polish.
    Not sure about a nose ring, but I had my full physical last week and the doc( a close friend) looked right past the nail polish and exclaimed, " Oh wow, a toe ring! ". I replied, " It's for tying up at the dock, doc" We both had a good laugh over that. Found out I have a hernia in my belly button that needs fixing. Wondered why I have an outie now whereas I used to have an innie.

When I went to the dr. and he saw my toes all he did was raise his eyebrows but never said a word about them.

I have been to see my doctor a few times since October 2010 and every time i see a different doctor (UK NHS) i have finger nails and toes nails painted and not one of the doctors have ever said a word about them. Strange a doctor would ask any way!!

I keep my toenails paint all the time but not when i go to the doctors

i had mine done acrylic french, go to the beach and wear sandals with male clothes, some notice some ask, i just say i like them that way