Thread: I wonder if ....

I wonder if ....

Lately I"ve noticed that there are seemingly more younger persons;mainly MtoF;joining this site,is CDing becoming more "mainstream"for the younger or next generation? or is CDing becoming a movement or fad such as the "earth" movement of the 60's and 70's where it was "cool" to recycle and get back to nature etc...?yet look around to see how many of us are still left to carry on that message and still live that lifestyle,yes I still "hug" trees and I do CD as one expression of my femme self.Allmost as a role reversal of the outer shell i.e.girls wearing traditionally male clothing and less dresses,skirts and shorter hair styles,boys going to the female side of dressing,is this the evolution of human kind going to the next step since technology has almost eliminated the masc. hunter/provider instinct to the more femme gatherer/nurturer self?That is not to say that the masc. does not exist but that the need to express the femme is stronger than ever before in the male population.This is not to say that the physical nature of the two genders is not brought into play for the procreation of the species.Is this the cusp of a new era in humanity?Can we recognize be cognizant of and process this phenomenon?
    Winter gives me to much time to sit and ponder the world in which we live.
    As always Lisa.
    To be more specific;Neanderthal(fire),Cro-Magnon(wheel),Modern Man(electricity),what is in line next in our development?
    Last edited by Allisa; 02-03-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    no, just easier to come out with the existence of sites like this.

well, I'm guilty for being affiliated to postmodernism. so I believe in the dissolving of the referral points, rejecting all that is binary, and while I don't think that cding is going mainstream, I guess the gender lines and codes are slowly (?) making less and less sense. (yeah, we've seen it on the 70's androginy, and in the 80's gothic/glam metal movements, but they were that: movements, unlike now, in that a sense of "no right or wrong" seems to be deeper inside and more obvious to younger individual's skins.)
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

You ask some interesting questions. I know that youth today of both genders have a wider variety of clothing to wear than those of my generation. I also see more "gender bending" by young males wearing things like tights and heels but not presenting as female. Of course, gender bending by females is so normal that it goes unnoticed.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well we could leave haha, umm I would say it being a outlet and everything is now electonics everything so it kinda gives the option of coming out and making friends while still being hidden. And yeah I kinda see that guys we are starting to wear more femine clothing like jeans and certain shirts. I know a few guys that wear skinny jeans and girl type tops normally in guy mode. Heck I wear girl jeans casually now. Even though I'm still chicken of buying them. Even skateboarders wear girl jeans as it is more stretchy. Think I kinda went off topic lol

If all one has is a hammer, then the whole world looks like a nail. Please do not misunderstand the following because this site has been great for me. Sometimes I think this site, while serving as a tremendous support, obfuscates that we, percent wise, are still a small group. There is a tendency to extrapolate to the larger population, the thoughts and behaviors of the group and sometimes caution is necessary. Now this may be my own deficit because of age (old as dirt) and only recently (January) talking about this to others. So to believe that more younger people are joining or that we are accepted more by the general population, begs the question of show me the data. Thanks for the thought provoking post.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    If all one has is a hammer, then the whole world looks like a nail. Please do not misunderstand the following because this site has been great for me. Sometimes I think this site, while serving as a tremendous support, obfuscates that we, percent wise, are still a small group. There is a tendency to extrapolate to the larger population, the thoughts and behaviors of the group and sometimes caution is necessary. Now this may be my own deficit because of age (old as dirt) and only recently (January) talking about this to others. So to believe that more younger people are joining or that we are accepted more by the general population, begs the question of show me the data. Thanks for the thought provoking post.
    Laura
    The data is there; laws being passed to protect, corporations HR divisions being trained on how to integrate gender enhanced people within the company and ensure managers are trained to protect the rights of these people, the list goes on. So the data is out there. The fact more younger people are joining(coming out to some degree) should not be misconstrued as an indication there are more of 'us' today than ever before. Similar to adultry/divorce, it has become more accepted in today's society so the fear factor of being dicovered somehow seems less important to the youth and having the ability to research data via the WWW has allowed not just youth, but anyone interested or curious, to learn about themselves/others without fear of discovery. Take this forum for instance, there are many here that do not post pics, location, etc. They will speak openly about their gender issues here because they feel safe, but you will not hear from them nor read their stories anywhere near home or work. Having said all this, studies have been done in the not so past as to how many people are actually gender enhanced, and how the gender of society is changing/evolving towards a femimine dominance.

I think that there are several factors at play. 1) the internet has had a tremendous impact; 2) much of society is not so "binary" (ie. man/woman; black/white) as it was 50 yrs. ago; my daughters and people of their age have a much different view of the world than I was brought up in; 3) many celebreties, prominent people, etc. are very open that they do not "fit" into a pre-determined "slot"; 4) there is much more good information readily available for people from which to learn.
    Hugs, Carole

thankfully each generation is different! if you look at your generation no matter what age or generation you are or from, and you look at your
    parants generation, you will see the major differances.

before i get in to trouble i dont mean one is smarter than the other
    i just saying every generation comes in to a different world then we did.

Scarlet Rose really nailed it for me. Wonder how life would have been to find this group and others 40 years ago in my thirties?
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    Old crossdressers were once young crossdressers. They just didn't have any form of mass communication. Now the whole spectrum of ages can come out to play.In fact it should really be the younger CDs who are the majority as they are more likely to use the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Scarlet Rose really nailed it for me. Wonder how life would have been to find this group and others 40 years ago in my thirties?
    Laura
    I partially agree. I'm in my 50s, but I don't know if I ever qualified as a "young crossdresser." Back then I was a confused and very shamed person, but actually knew little about crossdressing and didn't have good access to that information. I thought that I was pretty much alone. If the Internet had existed back then the intervening decades might have been a lot less frustrating for me.

I'm glad that the young people of today are taking a much more reasonable view of gender issues.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]