Thread: Acting like a woman

Acting like a woman

Besides the actual dressing as a woman, I enjoy acting like a lady and it has been fun to learn. It is part of being a CD for me. Some things I have learned is how to move my arms and swing my hips like a woman when I walk, how to speak in a gentle way and how to move my hands much more when talking.

In addition I love to do "girl things" and acting like a lady: going to a tea room, going to see a "chic flick", having someone hold the door open for me....not to mention going to a spa......

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Well here's where things get into a grey area for me...

While internally, I feel like a woman, and I like to wear woman's clothing, I don't really act feminine. I use terms like sweetie and hun when talking, but my mannerisms are still male. I like metal (the fast, crazy underground stuff), am aggressive, and refer to guys as my bros. I like beer blasts and doing random dumb stuff. (pranks and whatnot)
    But my interests never change regardless of how I am dressed. Then again most of my g.g. friends do this stuff too and have similar interests, so I dunno.

I guess that I fall lower on the trans-scale than I thought because I look the part, but don't act it. :/
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaM1985 View Post
    Well here's where things get into a grey area for me...

While internally, I feel like a woman, and I like to wear woman's clothing, I don't really act feminine. I use terms like sweetie and hun when talking, but my mannerisms are still male. I like metal (the fast, crazy underground stuff), am aggressive, and refer to guys as my bros. I like beer blasts and doing random dumb stuff. (pranks and whatnot)
    But my interests never change regardless of how I am dressed. Then again most of my g.g. friends do this stuff too and have similar interests, so I dunno.

I guess that I fall lower on the trans-scale than I thought because I look the part, but don't act it. :/
    Melissa, I can only agree, having a GG to share this time with only makes things 100% better.

I do "girly" things all the time. It is just a part of who I am but nowadays doing "girly" things aren't as clearly defined. My wife doesn't act nearly as girly as most women. She likes football, video games, and other typically male things. I think you can be as feminine as you want without giving up the things you like. It's more about the attitude you do them in.

When im in girl mode i tend to walk more in a feminine manner, upper arms more to my side, legs one in front of the other. I tend to speak in a lighter voice, and going out i like doing shopping and chatting with other girls, i'm thinking i'm a little more social in girl mode than in guy mode.

Elana

Really Melissa I don't have to "act". It just comes out as who I am naturally. Once I relaxed it was easy enough to do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I am dressed as a woman I try to walk and move and definitely enjoy feeling feminine! Actually I have to occasionally catch my self when dressed in boy mode so that I am not "girl walking" down the hall at work.

Aaaaarrrrgh! have any of you really watched women walk daily? What you do is over emphasize movement. Watch how women move daily, you will se that some walk with a swish but most just walk. In fact I had see them shuffle, stroll, lean forward and act like they are out of balance.

The hand thing? Have you watched women do that and compare to how many men use their hands...it is equal.

I might agree with the softer voice, until I am out on the road and get chewed out by a female.

So many here don't want to be read. Let me tell you how to get read. Over sway your hips, walk like a catwalk model, use overly exaggerated hand gestures and do things like lay your hand on someone's shoulder an lean in, twirl your hair, tilt your head, call everyone "hun". Act like you think a woman should act if they were born in 1840 and went to a "training school".
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Listen to lorileah She knows what she's talking about. , It takes 1 minute to "read" a cd when they try too hard.
    I'm a GG , the only ones I call " sweety or hun" are under 6 years old.

Presh

I am very much like Melissa. In addition to enjoying the clothes, makeup, jewelry, shoes, clothes, etc., I also enjoy doing my best to act "lady-like" whenever I am presenting as a woman whether I am home alone or out in public.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    Listen to lorileah She knows what she's talking about. , It takes 1 minute to "read" a cd when they try too hard.
    Well I'm practically a GG and I call everyone some kind of nickname. I think it's silly to say that it's a tranny thing when I grew up hearing it and I'm pretty sure I never met a TG person until a few years ago.

You should have seen the look on my estimator's face the other day when I called him hun in the middle of a discussion over a set of plans. He said, "I guess I better get used to that huh?"

It's just natural for a chatty broad like me. I like people.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

There are sooo many subtle things that most GGs do that I try to emulate. Little things like when you look at your nails. A GM will turn his palm up and curl his fingers in to see the finger nails, while a GG will outstretch her arm palm down and straighten the fingers to look at the nails.. I incorporate every little gesture that I observe into my 24/7 life whether in guymode or enfemmode. Gettin into the car, it's always but first then slide in the legs later.

And the beat goes on.....

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Well I'm practically a GG and I call everyone some kind of nickname. I think it's silly to say that it's a tranny thing when I grew up hearing it and I'm pretty sure I never met a TG person until a few years ago.
    Hun, sugar, sweetie you know it is a southern thing right? OK maybe south San Fran

Gotta love stereotypes and folklore. Just for fun, Sunday (since it is Super Bowl and we KNOW ladies don't watch football), go to the mall, sit in the center court and watch how people walk. You won't see the same stride in any sex. Now do the nail thing when you are with your friends. When you ask a GG about her polish she will do the fingers extended thing, otherwise you have a 50/50 shot. Watch women in slacks, they will sit with their knees slightly apart (more comfortable). How do men cross their legs? You don't see a lot put their ankles on their knees. Ask a cowgirl what is on the bottom of her boots and they will not look over their shoulder to check. Do women walk pigeon toed all the time or with the toes pointed out? Do they all walk on their toes (try and be dainty dragging a 2 year old through the store).

OK, lets put this into something guys understand. When you get into the batter's box do you think "Shoulders closed, lean in, bat straight up, swing with your body and not your arms, weight on one foot"? If you do, you missed the pitch. You just get in there. When you start thinking "swing your hips, don't move your shoulders, toes on ground first, head up back arched chest out, hands bent at the wrists, short steps, knees close" You might as well wear a sign.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    ..... A GM will turn his palm up and curl his fingers in to see the finger nails, while a GG will outstretch her arm palm down and straighten the fingers to look at the nails.......
    I always found that an interesting comparison. It was first offered to me in high school as "proof" that someone was gay or not. Someone asked me to look at my nails and without thinking anything of it I turned my hand palm down and looked at them. It was at the same time I learned which way boys carry their books as opposed to girls. It was pointed out to me that I had been instinctively carrying mine the "wrong" way.

I didn't back then or to this day identify as a woman I just reacted as it came to me at the time.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Hahahaha I just loved this, Lorileah. I do think "mincing" around is a quick way to get read. But, I was trained on walking, sitting, and lady-like conversation. I grew up in an old Southern home...going to pageants and debutantes...

A "lady" doesn't exaggerate her hips movements or talk wildly with her hands...or, cross her legs at the knee. (Cross at the heel).

I'm guilty of getting my hands going when I'm angry and I'm guilty of crossing my legs. But, since you brought up training school and what was "lady-like" was in question...

Anyway, I'd say I just walk normally. Not too swishy because it can just look like you are trying too hard. (Teenage GGs actually do this a lot). I was told to stand up straight, keep my chin up, and try to walk with one foot leading the other. (In other words, no "waddling"). It drops 10 pounds from you and it actually is a pretty natural walk. I'm all for people improving their posture and walking with confidence. But, you DO have to walk with grace...if it FEELS unnatural and like you are trying too hard, then you probably look unnatural and like you are trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Aaaaarrrrgh! have any of you really watched women walk daily? What you do is over emphasize movement. Watch how women move daily, you will se that some walk with a swish but most just walk. In fact I had see them shuffle, stroll, lean forward and act like they are out of balance.

The hand thing? Have you watched women do that and compare to how many men use their hands...it is equal.

I might agree with the softer voice, until I am out on the road and get chewed out by a female.

So many here don't want to be read. Let me tell you how to get read. Over sway your hips, walk like a catwalk model, use overly exaggerated hand gestures and do things like lay your hand on someone's shoulder an lean in, twirl your hair, tilt your head, call everyone "hun". Act like you think a woman should act if they were born in 1840 and went to a "training school".
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post

You should have seen the look on my estimator's face the other day when I called him hun in the middle of a discussion over a set of plans. He said, "I guess I better get used to that huh?"

It's just natural for a chatty broad like me. I like people.
    You don't need to be talking to a six year old, or be a waitress named Flo to use pet names.

I think it is more of a personal preference.
    But if you are going to use them I suggest you pick one and stick with it.

Many [GG] friends of mine routinely use Sweety, Babe, Hun, ect.
    I use Sweety quite often myself. I don't think about it, I just do it.
    In fact it was probably those same [GG] friends that got me comfortable doing it in the first place.

I agree with Badtranny that it is not a "TS" thing.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 02-04-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD