Thread: Terrible Tattoos Teri Tells

Terrible Tattoos Teri Tells

I haven't created a new post but I figured it was my time. I began my passion for wearing female clothes as a youth. But like many others here I was confused and afraid over my unusual desire. But youth is youth and I grew up wanting to join the military and become a sailor and along with that was a desire to have sailor tattoos. I had no idea at the time that some time later I would have a passion to dress fully. Well to make a long story (sorry about that) shorter I got my arms tattooed with what appeared at the time to be cool tattoos. Now I regret them. I am jealous of you who refrained from the tattoo gig and have the ability to wear short sleeve dresses and tops. Ok got that off my chest. I have tried covering them with make up but whew that is a mess. So for now I am a long sleeve girl. Its better than being no girl at all. Thanks for listening. Have fun and stay safe.

Teri Ray
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I always wonder if someone going for a tattoo has really thought it out.
    But there are some lovely long arm tops to choose from Teri.

And with your looks why are you bleating girl?

Hugs, SUZY

I never got tattoos, but my arms are so big that I have to wear long sleeves also. I will have to say that around here I have seen a lot of GGs wearing all sorts of tattoos....

Therer is always coverup work available. Seems to be the best alternative for me. That doesn't make them disappear just makes them something a woman might want. Making a huge change in my presentation when dressed enfem.

You can remove them nowadays, Im pretty sure about that, with lasers or whatnot, dunno the exact technique. Or you can make another tatoo over the old one.
    I was just looking at one gorgeous model from suicidegirls_com, and some girls look really good and devilish with tattoos. Of course this look is not right if you try to pass as middle age woman.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    My friend Erica Scott is a body builder and triathalete. She wears long sleeves most of the time to hide her big upper arms, and still looks great. You just have to work with what you have. Here are some of her videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricaSco...?feature=watch

I know exactly where you're coming from! I started getting tattooed in my late teens and never really stopped. In all honesty I don't much mind the ones on my arms because so many of the girls I know have very heavy arm coverage and it's become much more acceptable for women to have tattoos. The ones on my legs are the ones I regret a little bit, but thank God for opaque tights, they've really become my savior! I think for a lot of us girls it also comes down to the subject matter of the tattoos and whether they're distinctly masculine or if they're more, for lack of a better term, multi-use. Take a look around...if you see GGs walking around with similar work to yours then don't worry about it and let them show!

I have noticed over the past several years that there are more woman young and older sporting tattoos than men. It is kind of funny that we crossdressers are keeping the wig stores, and nylon manufacturers in business, and the woman are keeping the tattoo parlors thriving. Just another example of how the times are changing dont you think.

Michelle

My advice to anybody looking to get their first tattoo is something I read on this forum, if you think it is really what you want and you can't live without it, the get the artwork together, etc, and wait one year. This does two things, allows you to save money for it since good work is expensive, and allows you to consider it and mature. If you still want it after a year of serious consideration then go ahead.
    As to those who already have tattoos, most of the good advice is already here. You can wear long sleeves if the work is inappropriate for your femme look, you can let it show if it is appropriate, or you can look into getting it removed. Removal is expensive, most times more than the original work is, and is not covered by insurance usually. Also, removal is not perfect, you will never have that flawless skin in the area where the tattoo was. Check with a dermatologist who specializes in that sort of thing.
    All that said, IMHO, tattooing has become rather too common. I used to enjoy the occasional woman who had well done tattoos, I had a friend who had some beautiful work, she was featured in magazines, etc. Now it has become so routine, and the work is rather mediocre, and little or no thought is given to the overal "look". It also used to be a mark of defiance to the ordinary, now it seems to be a mark of just one more sheep following the crowd. I had toyed with the idea years ago of getting one, now I would never get one, masculine or feminine..................Stephanie

I have lots of tattoos on my legs and torso (not on arms ... yet), but mine were done specifically to complement my girl mode, and I would never dream of letting them show when in drab. Nevertheless, my artist is very good at cover-ups and reworks -- she could probably take your old "sailor" tattoos and make them look crisp and modern as well as more feminine. I would check with a good, up-to-date tattoo studio near you -- and look for a female artist, if possible -- I really think they are more sympathetic to our needs. But more than that, look for someone with lots of experience doing coverups. I promise you can make them look better.

(Removal is the other option, but it is MUCH more expensive than a rework and can leave scars. Personally, I rather like being a tattooed lady and use them as one of my visual "trademarks" when I'm en femme -- but your opinion may differ.)

- Diane

Platinum Member
    Hi Teri, It seamed like a good idea at the time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a lot of tats and so far do not regret any of them .My tattoo artist was also a girl who had many herself ! to me it did not take any feminity away from her at all
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Move to NZ. Tattos are cool in this country. Reveal them with pride!

Teri tat Pic

heres a pic of my tats
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

You might want to check into Theatrical makeup. There is a specific makeup used to cover unwanted tattoos on actors that does not rub off onto clothing.
    Take Angelina Jolie for example. Many tattoos in person, but not on screen.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Aspiring Member
    I think to a young virile male who just happens to be a crossdresser, getting a visible tattoo on your forearm or shoulder is a little like purging; if I get this tat done, maybe I will not have the urge to dress again!

Platinum Member
    I'm so glad I didn't sucuumb to the tattoo temptation. I suppose one could wear those fake tat sleaves to cover up the originals. BTW, I tend to go for 3/4 or long sleeves to cover up my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm so glad I didn't sucuumb to the tattoo temptation.
    Never said the right tattoo in the right place is a bad thing thou
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Teri, i have the same problem, i feel mine make me look so unfeminine, theatre makup sounds like a good idea though.
    Feel for you girl.
    Hugs Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    My friend Erica Scott is a body builder and triathalete. She wears long sleeves most of the time to hide her big upper arms, and still looks great. You just have to work with what you have. Here are some of her videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricaSco...?feature=watch
    Yeah I agree long sleeves are great for hiding big upper arms.

Also I don't get why lots of people want to hide their tattoos, I personally like tattoos. ^_^

I have alot of tatoos(Manly ones at that).I'll be wearing long sleeves for the rest of my life.:-(

Aspiring Member
    I have tattoos on my arms also dont regret them and I am 48

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    My tattoos are all custom...they each have a personal meaning to me. I do not regret any of them. I dress because I like the feel and look of women's clothing on me. It puts me at ease...like everything is as it should be. I do not attempt to pass, I never could. I simply like to wear women's clothes...I wear very little makeup (once in a while a bit of mascara), and the only femm items I wear outside the house are panties (24/7), occasionally a sports bra, and yoga pants or exercise capris when I ride my bike in the early morning.
    My tatts are very personal and meaningful to me...no need or desire to cover them up.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!