Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to get dressed besides home

Talking Places to get dressed besides home

Hello, Ive been having trouble I love to get dressed but Im still very discreet Ive only been dressing a year. Im living with parents and brother and sister and someone is almost always home. anyone know of any local places you can go and get dressed?

wow thats a tuff one, when i was living at home i would have to wait til everyone was gone. so my advice is to move out lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that is a tough one. Only other thing I can think of is a hotel room...

I don't miss those days...

My wife goes to sleep and stay asleep, so I can either do it after that and there's many days that she works and I'm working from home that I can do it, too.

You could try the local Court House, local Police Station, local bar, local train station, local bus station, local airport, local marina, local dog track, local football stadium, or the local cat house.
    You may also want to see if there is a support group for gender variant people in your area. Could be through a church also. There are many places today where you can go when in a situation like yourself. Try to research your area and hopefully you will come up with something safe and acceptable.

Platinum Member
    I don't know where you live or how old you are, so that makes it difficult to offer suggestions. In many communities, there are CD/TG support groups that have periodic gatherings where people can bring clothes, dress, get make up and other tips, and just enjoy each other's company.

You might be able to dress in your car in a parking lot, especially if you can underdress (put other clothing over your female stuff).

Check yourself in a public restroom before you go home in case you missed anything.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Find a support group. Many will have not only a meeting room, but a changing room as well.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A lot of people that rent Storage Units use them. I have seen pictures of them set up like a dressingroom. Some are enviromenntly controled too. Ingress and egress are sometimes monitored by security. Pesonaly
    Fran

Hotels on business trips works for me.... But I've done quick gender changes in unisex/family restrooms all over... Rest areas and new public buildings. Takes 20 minutes with good planning. But walk in male and walk out female. Then go shopping!! Kind of fun. Reverse the process when ready to head home... Also there's the car... Though kind of cramped.... I've even changed in porta-potty. I so recomment the handycap ones... Larger and hooks to hang you bags.... Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ssoccerman View Post
    Hello, Ive been having trouble I love to get dressed but Im still very discreet Ive only been dressing a year. Im living with parents and brother and sister and someone is almost always home. anyone know of any local places you can go and get dressed?
    If you give us an idea where you live, there might be someone close to you that could give you more accurate ideas. In the Seattle area there are a couple of places you could go. The Emerald City group has a couple of spots that girls use on meeting nights. There is also a place that rents changing rooms by the month, it is sort of like a club.

I've gone to several Mary Kay cosmetic representatives, that let me change at their place. I've even underdressed to the extent that I was completely dressed, then wore a pair of sweats and a jacket to get out of the house. All of my makeup was done, except for lip color; which I finished off in the car. Sometimes you have to use your imagination.
    Dana Ryan

I cut myself off and posted by accident, I was gointo say, Personaly I used my motorhome while the kids were home and i was single. I also used it for a Fem. getaway hangout and my wife and I could go there and turn off the cells and be left alone with no interferiance. Now I'm through!
    Fran

storage unit works fine for me......... its getting cramped thow. lol.

Banned Read only
    There are many support groups that have meeting rooms. I know in the Seattle area there is at least one organization/business that offers rental of a wall locker and dressing area for girls who cannot dress at home or are reluctant to drive long distances en femme. There may be one in your area, too.

I have somewhat of the same issue. My wife knows but I am not allowed to leave the house dressed during daylight hours. Can return or leave at night, however during the summer months it gets dark around 8:30 and becomes a problem. I have in the past put on all my clothes my ball cap and left home; once i drove far enough find a place to put on makeup and wig in the car.

Think the storage unit is a great idea and thought of doing that; however i will have separation anxiety of all my stuff not being with me.
    There is another girl who lives close by and we have discussed sharing one to share the cost.
    Last edited by meganmartin; 02-07-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added item
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

I love the idea of a storage unit! That would be quite handy for my situation as well.

Anna

Storage unit?! Really!!! Go to the support group. it beats the heck out of a storage unit. You will find not only an outlet to dress, but......real people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    Storage unit?! Really!!! Go to the support group. it beats the heck out of a storage unit. You will find not only an outlet to dress, but......real people.
    You see, there is the problem. So far in three years of searching, I haven't been able to find a support group any closer than a five hour drive. Not all of us live in metropolitan areas. Personally, I would LOVE to have an active group to go to, but no such critter exists.

And, I see a storage unit as a great place to change for those who have less than enthusiastic wives.

Anna

That is difficult not all areas have support groups. If your area does I recomend that. Otherwise Karens idea of the unisex bathroom would be a good one.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've even changed in porta-potty. I so recomment the handycap ones... Larger and hooks to hang you bags.... Lol.
    Kind of the way Super-Woman use to do it in those days of yesteryear.
    Rader

It takes me way too long to get ready, so I would recommend dressing at home and just cover yourself with your normal jacket and pants when you leave and don't stop to chat with anyone. They won't notice anything different. Bring a change of clothing and some wetwipes and you can change back pretty quickly.
    Chickie

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat. Never any alone time, and no way to underdress or sneak clothes out. I've thought about a storage unit, but I was also thinking about artist lofts or rehersal space for bands. Unless somebody wants some company. I haven't dressed in ages and I'm losing my mind in pink fog.

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    Love to see a Storage Wars episode come across one of their storage units!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Love to see a Storage Wars episode come across one of their storage units!
    hahaha.............that would be great.

Yuuuupppp!!.... The thought of Dave enfemme....

.......My Photos