Thread: My Gawd, just settle down and relax!

My Gawd, just settle down and relax!

I just recently started to try and fully dress (makeup, wig, pantyhose, dress, etc.) because I started to work from the home and am alone all day (wife knows and is accepting but doesn't care to see me). Numerous times I would go through the routine of getting dressed, start work, only to go nuts! I would get too excited, adrenaline would be sky high, wig would be itchy and hot, sweat would start to emerge,etc. I certainly could not concentrate on work and within minutes everything would be off. Well today I finally did it for the first time---- just relaxed, got over the excitement and was able concentrate and work and not notice how much the wig bugged me etc.. Wow, how great of a feeling to finally feel at ease in what hopefully will become my preferred state of being! Maybe others can relate.............

For some time now I've been dressing fully en femme all the time, except when I have to leave the house. Being retired makes it so much easier, but living in a small town, I don't dare venture out in the daytime as Krystal. Everyone in town knows everyone else's business. Fortunately for me, it doesn't matter if my SO is home or not. She is very supportive and she is tickled pink to come home and find Krystal. I'm a very lucky person, don't ya think?
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

wig would be itchy.is that what they call it now! lol

I would like to dress, considering going shopping soon.
    FB profile, always need more friends. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002715523614

The more you dress fully en femme the more you'll relax and enjoy it. And the more normal it will become for you. Have fun with it.
    I like my closet, its where all my clothes are

You have to cut your natural hair a little shorter and keep it clean. Also, try to keep the inside of your home moderately cool so as not to sweat so much.
    Like Maggey said above, the more you dress the calmer you will be. Eventually the dresses and such will be alot more comfortable and very familiar so that you will be so much more comfy.
    Lots of hugs

Karen Marie

Just nerves. That passes and just becomes more fun. My s/o used to say the very same thing, and it was true at the time. lol

Congratulations on your first day at work, Renae! I suspect you may have the hang of it now!

In addition to being home alone, I think that a few other things make it difficult for most of us.

One may be the rarity of the experience. After all, if it isn't part of your ordinary life, dressing is an exciting activity. We're apt to be more focused on dressing than on working and, needless to say, it can be very stimulating.

Two is access to your wardrobe. Any of us can spend all day trying on one skirt after another. Pink Fog at its most dangerous! Working at home you are likely to be able to determine your own schedule, so it becomes easy to "postpone" work for a few minutes while you try a different skirt or different heels.

Three is the tendency to overdress. In my own case that would include long-line bras, firm girdles, stockings, after all, what would an office woman of the 1950's have worn? Shouldn't I wear that too? But a woman of today, working at home, unless she had outside appointments coming up, would probably wear slacks and a top over a bra and panties unless she simply went to work in her PJ's!

And four is being alone. Interaction, being out shopping or lunching or hanging with friends, usually overshadows the clothing. Your clothes, even your sexiest tight skirt and your highest heels, takes second place to whatever else you are doing. But home alone it always takes first place.

Put them all together and you have an explosive situation!

As you may have found, a couple of things can help make your day more productive. Dress more casually, at least at first, so that being en femme becomes more commonplace. After a few days of casual clothes over bra and panties you can begin to add the other stuff. Limit yourself to one outfit a day. And have work organized and waiting for you - get dressed, go to the office, and start in on phone calls or something interactive (if possible). Those things might help you become a working woman!

Have a great day!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 02-14-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    After the first few times when everything was new and all the sensations were a constant presence, we began to realize that Tina is incredibly fastidious, so now when there is some detailed (i.e. often boring) work to be done, Tina is much more effective in handling it. So now I'm in the crazy position that I get more work done as Tina that I would otherwise...life can be so strange!!

Great advice Persephone-- Thanks!

When I work at home I get dressed. I put on a work outfit, make up and it puts me in a work mode. I get my work done and remember I'm dressed when I see lipstick on my coke glass! I get undressed after lunch. I enjoy mornings!

I know the feeling!!! Hard to control it!! Watch the blood pressure!!