Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rising female star of fashion world actually a man!

Rising female star of fashion world actually a man!

This is just one of those amazing stories that comes along only rarely!

There's a 20 something male model out there this year who just hit the scene and is tearing up the fashion world as both a male and female model! A guy who's stunning enough in female mode to make even the highest of female high fashion models green with envy, with the world's top fashion designers clamoring to book his runway talents and the ability to stir lustful feelings in nearly any normal man!

Amazing! Now, I've read about this phenomena before, back in the '80's. There were a couple male models that were androgenous enough to model women's fashions. In fact, it started a craze amongst famous designers because these men were tall, thin, had long willowy legs and didn't have the breasts that got in the way of the drape of the clothing fabric etc. They fitted the new "waif" look of the time and now it seems that history is repeating itself. The model in question is Andrej Pejic. You can start learning by typing the name in Wikipedia.

I'm not knocking the fact that this guy looks better than most women, and hey! He's taking some high fashion work from some of the most beautiful women on the planet! It's almost poetic justice in a way if you think about it. And now, this man, this guy, has become a beacon, a trendsetter, the new standard bearer for the transgender world to boot! I think this not only refreshing, but great!

It gets me thinking "What If!" Just imagine the freedom one would have, to look like that! To be able to move freely in the real world in nearly any social circle in terms of gender, presenting oneself as a man or a woman at will, whenever whimsy struck. And not only being able to "Pass" but I mean passing without question, passing with a WOW! Now I admit, in seeing this guy in male-model mode he definitely looks like a "pretty boy" model type. He couldn't play the Marlboro man but his duality in modeling, being recognized as both a top Male and Female model is quite stunning!

He's not a transgendered person, isn't a "female impersonator" perse', and isn't a cross-dresser either. And let's face it, female fashion models make mega-bucks. I say if you can get the work, go for it! He just has "the look" that symmetry and those subtle facial cues that get noticed. He's the type of blank-slate, a true chameleon that hairstylists, makeup artists and designers can create nearly any look with.

What do you folks think?

I presume you are referring to Andrej Pejic. Yes, extremely beautiful and incredibly sexy. Just go to Google and enter his name. What a doll.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I know of whom you speak. But--Not a crossdresser ??--really ??? What do you call it when he models bras dresses and lingerie ?

I follow him on Facebook... And love his style but not all his photos. Like this one from his Haus of Andrej Pejic facebook fan page.... http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hp...37665295_n.jpg.

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid..._ft=1328810742

That was me making a comment about being "lady like". Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gawd..what a mouth he has...smooches (how apro pos)Jackie How do you spell that?
    Jackie

ad omnis par
    Jealous!!! So jealous. He is gorgeous!!!
    ad omnis par
    Toni

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    I presume you are referring to Andrej Pejic. Yes, extremely beautiful and incredibly sexy. Just go to Google and enter his name. What a doll.
    I've seen reports about this person. Here's my question:
    I always thought "androgynous" refers to the blending of traditional male and female styles. Andrej Pejic successfully pulls off modeling both male and female styles, or rather, either male or female styles, without a blending of them. If this isn't androgynous, is there a word to describe this? (yes, we hate labels, but I'm just asking)

Evidently CDing is an art form for this person as it is for many of us along with enjoyment.I see no problem with that whatsoever.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I just posed an interesting question, i.e. the ability to totally pass as a woman without question, that's the part that excited me! The ability to be a guy but when you need to dress-up you can max it out and still be accepted. A wistful idea but the truth. As far as him being a cross-dresser, according to the media reports he isn't! But, hey! If I could make a million bucks a year or more by dressing-up, that's a no-brainer! In the end the guy's a "Fox" and that in itself is just amazing!

Shiny

Platinum Member
    Yeah, he's not a cross dresser. It just occurred to him one day that he might look incredibly hot and make a million bucks dressed up as a girl. I believe that, and I have some shares in the Brooklyn Bridge I'd like to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    I know of whom you speak. But--Not a crossdresser ??--really ??? What do you call it when he models bras dresses and lingerie ?
    An alternative revenue stream
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Follow your dream.
    He is a crossdresser. I've seen news articles on him being out and about (off the runway) and he was wearing make up and female clothing. I think he swings between both genders outside of work.

He's not a cross-dresser...he's a TRANS-dresser. I saw a clip once on him arriving at a photo shoot. He arrived wearing a short mini-dress and big furry coat and his hair straightened. From that arrival, he was dressed/makeup/etc and modeled trousers/loose jacket (male-esk) clothes! Absolutly nothing male appearing about him when he dresses, very fem-boi looking when not. I have to say this, I looked alot like him at 19, thats why my wife wanted me to go on hormones and get some curves when I was 20....had to wait till I was 21. Guess I should have looked into being a supermodel instead!

Jenn

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    He's not a cross-dresser...he's a TRANS-dresser. I saw a clip once on him arriving at a photo shoot. He arrived wearing a short mini-dress and big furry coat and his hair straightened.

Jenn
    Kind of validates why I classify him as a crossdresser. Any guy wearing a mini skirt, fur coat etc as day to day clothing can be labeled CD. I've also seen pics of him (outside of work) wearing high heels, skirt etc. Not sure what else he would have to wear to be considered a crossdresser. Only debate is if he is actually trying to look like a woman...

High-fashion models are really interesting to me... They have to be some of the strangest looking people...I Rarely find them attractive. (This goes for the women AND the men). The high-fashion models of the 90s were so sexy to me. But, then, something happened...I think "waif" became the new "in" thing for high-fashion.

Anyway, I think what Andrej does as a model is really cool. Clothes look great on him because they hang on him as if his body was a clothes hanger.

But, I am really not sure if I am supposed to find this sexy: http://tribune.com.pk/story/102258/about-a-boy/

However, I am not really sure if I am supposed to find this sexy either (Kate Moss): http://www.thefader.com/2009/06/22/c...-in-the-world/

I just look at her and want to give her a glass of buttermilk and cornbread. Poor, baby.

Really, the only models I find that are really sexy anymore are Victoria's Secret models, and that's not really "high-fashion." And, some of them are looking pretty bad. If I look at magazines from the 40s or even the 90s...I kind of get a little disappointed. It's like the opposite of the Butter Face effect. You can see a really fine girl and you will say, "Everything is cute...but her face." Well, the models now are kind of like, "Everything else looks f*cked up, but her face."

So, I think Andrej is great as a model. Sexy???? Errrrrmmmm....no...not really. I think half of the members in the Young Adult section of this forum have his ass kicked to Hell and back in the "looks" category. Maybe not in modeling, but definitely in just looking better.

But, I don't think high-fashion is so much about sex appeal, and so Andrej fits in great. He walks the walk and is a very interesting, dynamic person. But, stand him next to Cindy Crawford in the 90s, and it makes you want to pat him on the back and tell him it will all be alright. http://www.perfectpeople.net/photo-p...y-crawford.htm

It's kind of weird that we have been moving to a state where women look more and more like prepubescent boys...that's kind of how modeling has turned. And, I find that the clothes look rather good still because they look the same on these models as they do on my hanger. I also am less distracted watching high-fashion shows than I have been when the models were really good looking. So, I feel like this is a plus. But, it is kind of interesting that instead of just starving women models into looking like prepubescent boys...we just place a starving male model with long hair into the role lol. Oh, society...you so cray cray... I'm sure in 5 years we will either a) have actual prepubescent boys on the catwalk or b) be back to hot women (TG and GG) and men (TG and GM) again.

Or, maybe I will dress Mr. Bones (the skeleton in my old anatomy lab) in underwear and a wig, then push him down the catwalk hehehe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shananigans; 02-10-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Hotlinking pictures is not permitted neither are nipples, either male or female
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Banned Read only cracks_in_porcelain's Avatar
    He is not a cross dresser. He's androgynous... If you look up the literal meaning of "Cross dresser" It says "A man that dresses to pass as a woman" There is no need top try to pass when you are naturally able and beautiful. I find him quite inspiring there are only a select few who are capable to work it out like that. If you look up his measurements he's 6'2, 30 waist, 190lbs and wears a size 11 in women's. Crazy right?

Victorias Secret models = Nay!
    Secrets In Lace models = Yay!
    Im talking not about the clothes in this example, I want a woman who is full bodied, large hips, I think this triggers something in my mind which says "she is fertile, healthy, will make good babies, get her". As for skinny models, I wont get this "trigger".

As for Andrej Pejic- I get the hype, there has to be first in everything, in music it was Lady Gaga, now Andrej reaps the cream of his lifestyle and what hes doing. But I also must say there are tons of no-name CDers on flickr that are gorgeous, definitely on-par with this, and even over (par).

Okay, I agree with Secrets in Lace....probably because I like vintage. Some of the girls are...err...pretty big. But, hey, we have the whole spectrum covered.

Damn, now I sound picky. Too skinny...too big. You can't make anyone happy.

But, honey, it wasn't Lady Gaga...it was Madonna!

Also, Andrej reminds me of that blonde TG from the Culture Club. They could be twins. So, I don't feel like his looks is anything new either.

But, if it gets people to be more open minded about TG modeling...hooray. But, I do wish we had more GGs and TG models that didn't look like they were in the Holocaust. I know it's great for the clothes...but...I honestly wait until I see celebrities that look a whole lot better in the clothes before I decide to shop for the style lol. I saw a model looking awful in a Valentino dress...then, Christina Agulera wore it. When I saw Christina in it, I had to have it! But, it ended up me having something a few thousand dollars cheaper but basically the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Abwaerts View Post
    Victorias Secret models = Nay!
    Secrets In Lace models = Yay!
    Im talking not about the clothes in this example, I want a woman who is full bodied, large hips, I think this triggers something in my mind which says "she is fertile, healthy, will make good babies, get her". As for skinny models, I wont get this "trigger".

As for Andrej Pejic- I get the hype, there has to be first in everything, in music it was Lady Gaga, now Andrej reaps the cream of his lifestyle and what hes doing. But I also must say there are tons of no-name CDers on flickr that are gorgeous, definitely on-par with this, and even over (par).
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I find it amusing that people here disagree on whether a man wearing women's clothing is a crossdresser. To be a crossdresser, you need only wear the clothing of the opposite sex. Anything extra is just stereotyping. cracks_in_porcelain, I've NEVER seen that definition anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    An alternative revenue stream
    Good one Sammy Good one Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    He's not a cross-dresser...he's a TRANS-dresser. He arrived wearing a short mini-dress and big furry coat
    well Scott Weiland wears fur coats and stuff like that to is that the same?

I don't know, but Scott Weiland is doing something very right. Something about him just gets me all...

And, don't get me started on Chris Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by cracks_in_porcelain View Post
    If you look up the literal meaning of "Cross dresser" It says "A man that dresses to pass as a woman"
    Actually the "literal" definition as found in the Merriam Webster dictionary defines Cross dressing as: "the wearing of clothes designed for the opposite sex."
    It mentions nothing about trying to look, act or emulate the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    But, then, something happened...I think "waif" became the new "in" thing for high-fashion.

So, I think Andrej is great as a model. Sexy???? Errrrrmmmm....no...not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I don't know, but Scott Weiland is doing something very right. Something about him just gets me all...

And, don't get me started on Chris Cornell
    I have to agree that "Heroin Chic" can be down right nasty looking. Eat a sandwich already.

I think someone mistook Andrej for a girl at some point. Later found he was a guy. Shook their head.
    Then figured out a way to market his middle of the road looks and sat back collecting their 15%

OHHHHH Chris Cornell
    I think Chris could have gave Andrej a serious run for his money when he was younger.
    Am I wrong or does young Chris below just walk all over young Andrej?

Last edited by Sammy777; 02-10-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Chris did rock an androgynous look for a while. They look different to me, but they both have very nice facial features. I think Chris could pull off a feminine look...I could so make him over.

I'm not quite sure if androgynous fully describes what he's doing (and he does identify as a man, mostly), since the mix is variable. If he was trans dressing or cross dressing, for example, he'd trim up his brows. He intentionally leaves them large so you never forget he's not a girl. And, there are other things beyond that. I'd say the closest word is "genderf*ck" along the lines of he is what he is, with masculine and feminine characteristics, and wears whatever works for his job, but that word is pretty hard and less "free" than what he's doing.

Personally, I do like the actions he's doing since the echos of runway always eventually make it to the runway, but obviously, I'd like to see a full-on femme look pulled off one of these days, since I think it would be flattering. He is a pioneer, in a sense, actually, truly using gender a construct and pulling it off in fashion, so that can only be good...