Thread: Well, my landlord is awesome.

Talking Well, my landlord is awesome.

She cleaned out their storage unit, which sits outside of my house.
    She looked at me, and said, "Take what you like."

So, I waited for her to leave, and I rummaged through the pile of stuff.
    I couldn't believe what I found!
    A Wedding dress, Heels that are just my size, a corset, garter straps, a gold and amethyst ring, and a pair of wedding slippers!
    The only thing the dress was missing was the veil.
    I'm debating whether or not I should post pictures, but I feel incredibly lucky!
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

That is awesome. Does your landlord know about this side of you?

If so, this story instantly got much cooler.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Jess is right. Your story is totally awesome!! And yes, you do need to post pictures!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    If the landlord knows what was in there, and looks in after it is taken, he just might get an idea....lol

And yes, pictures are mandatory.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Silver Member
    Congratulations!
    A few years ago someone was moving out of a house that I was looking at. They had left a bunch of odds and ends and in an old dresser were two very expensive slips in my size. I was sure that they intended to discard them, but I could not take the risk of "saving them" and having it noticed. I've grieved for years.

One persons junk is another ones TREASURE.
    I had to leave a wedding dress on a pile of new clothing I saw in New York.
    The wife said "Leave it"
    Better to be tactful sometimes. Damn.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Loretta, that is so cool! I can tell you had the time of your life finding stuff.

Talking Re. Loretta's Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta Well, my landlord is awesome. View Post
    ... I couldn't believe what I found! A Wedding dress, Heels that are just my size, a corset, garter straps, a gold and amethyst ring, and a pair of wedding slippers! The only thing the dress was missing was the veil. I'm debating whether or not I should post pictures, but I feel incredibly lucky!
    Overheard at the weekly Tea Party, no, no silly, the other one:

"Hello, Loretta! Yes, fine, thank you! Get this? I was sitting at the next table to these three old bitties, and I think you should hear the gossip going around about you, and this incredible find of yours?

"Oh! That's OK, we're friends, you don't have to thank me, that's what friends are for! Just post the pics, and show them up, once and for all! Yes! Yes, I will! You, too! Ok! Bye!"

L&R,
    M.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    That's a strange thing to find in an outside storage unit especially if she does not have any bad vibs from it. And, if she has a key to your apartment, she can check on you. Maybe, she has another motive to letting you have the dress. Is there are cougar on the loose in your neighborhood?

Forget all the bad vibes... the dress makes a great halloween costume or you can even stuff it to make a scary zombie bride. There's no motive and if the previous own was going to toss it, they will only be happy someone has a use for it. Might even be a fun way to intoduce them to your female version...next halloween wear it and knock on their door for treats. Its all fun.
    Chickie

Very cool cartoon Misti

Quote Originally Posted by Misti View Post
    Overheard at the weekly Tea Party, no, no silly, the other one:

"Hello, Loretta! Yes, fine, thank you! Get this? I was sitting at the next table to these three old bitties, and I think you should hear the gossip going around about you, and this incredible find of yours?

"Oh! That's OK, we're friends, you don't have to thank me, that's what friends are for! Just post the pics, and show them up, once and for all! Yes! Yes, I will! You, too! Ok! Bye!"

L&R,
    M.

Are you sure that wasn't a dream? Check to see if you still have all that! lol jk that is an amazing find! Enjyoy it all

wow!!! lucky you!!!!

i want to see the pics too!!!! (and i want a wedding dress)

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Very cool cartoon Misti
    Thank you, Larry. It is fun doing things like that, while in the spirit of it all, so to speak.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Save it for YOUR wedding, Loretta! That should give u time to find all the matching accessories! Including the veil!

Spend the money u save on honeymoon bustiers and bikinis!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Didn't your landlady already know? Or did I just make this up?!

QUOTE=docrobbysherry;2749630]Save it for YOUR wedding, Loretta! That should give u time to find all the matching accessories! Including the veil!

Spend the money u save on honeymoon bustiers and bikinis![/QUOTE]
    I think I will!
    It really needs dry cleaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Didn't your landlady already know? Or did I just make this up?!
    Camera broke. Will have pics one of these days. Just need to wait for my electrician neighbor to fix it.
    And I have a suspicion that the landlady knew. She commented on the closet of skirts and blouses I have in my closet, so I guess she left that dress and heels out for me.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Good luck with the camera. No a days it's cheaper to buy a new one than to "fix" the old one.

Wish I had a landlord like that. Would have saved me a bundle

Thats awesome! and of course you should take pictures! It didnt happen unless theres proof >.> <.< haha
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley