Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome quesiton from my wife this morning

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar

Awesome quesiton from my wife this morning

Can I borrow a pair of your pantyhose? My response "Sure, black or nude?" Maybe it's a thaw in her view of my dressing? It did feel nice to be asked though.

Every now and then, as if it is completely natural, my wife will ask me if she can borrow some eyeliner or mascara from me when she is out. And believe me, I always take a certain amount of pleasure from the situation when she asks. I see it as validation, acceptance, and how comfortable she is with the situation that she can ask. It is nice to be able to share such things as partners, and not be judged negatively. "Black or nude?" LOLOL!!! Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Winona View Post
    Can I borrow a pair of your pantyhose? My response "Sure, black or nude?" Maybe it's a thaw in her view of my dressing? It did feel nice to be asked though.
    This is a good feeling Janice. I hope it leads to more approval and acceptance. My wife has been my fashion guru and shopping partner. Oddly enough our clothing tastes are the same. She informed yesterday I needed a different color shoe for my new capris. I was like, okay?

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    That has got to be a welcoming question that puts to rest some fears. Step by step. Just make sure to keep your supply of hose, panties, and makeup stocked up so you can assist her again if needed.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Same here my wife gets stuff from me all the time ,,, Just the other day we went to a wake an she hardly ever wear stockings an ya know us we are johnny on the spot with the hose ,, An of corse ill give her my best ones cuz I want her to look her BEST. As she would want for me , An lucky for me she just so happen to not have any heels to go with her outfit so me being the loving partner that I am we rushed out in the spur of the moment an got her some new an matching heels to make her complete . Ohhhhhhhh an picked me up a pair that I have been STALKING for a month ,,, But ,,, But ,, It was just a fluke becuz we were in there anyway sooooooooo watch it,,,, An I paid for them ill have you know !!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I would sat you have reached a level of acceptanence, bravo. Oh ya and could I borrow some li gloss. ( :

"I can't believe I'm asking you this, but can I borrow a pair of hose?" That was how my wife phrased it the first time. She might have borrowed some a second or third time, but I cannot remember. She has never been fully accepting of any of this stuff...

My wife needed a pair of black knee hi stockings one morning and didn't have any. So I offered her some. I went to the dresser to get some, she said I don't want to see this, but she took the pack of stockings and wore them. That counts for something, it's more than many have and I grateful.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Oh, and my wife has largely quit using makeup. She ran across her make-up kit a few weeks ago and said here you might as well have this. Also one night as I mentioned that I was thinking of painting my toenails, she handed me a bottle of her nail polish that had been sitting beside her.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Thanks, girls-If I could just post the "like" next to each of your posts I would! It was such a rush, I thought about it all day, and just felt so good. She followed it up with another one tonight- "I can't beleive I'm asking you this, but is this your nail polish?" I told her no, that was a bottle you left in my car. But she said it without any malice, dilike, and with the "happy voice" as if it were somewhat funny but not entirely uncomfortable. I know it's just small steps, but still, it feels incredible to be in this spot rather than being scared of my own "shadow."

She might just need time to get used to it. It can be fun for both of you if she accepts it, sounds like it's going well.

Very nice, Sometimes my petite wife 'borrows' ( i never see it again, except on her side of the closet ) something stretchy, something casual/classy. Pantyhose? I tried getting her interested in stockings- she liked the thigh-highs, at first- but prefers pantyhose. No problem for her- if she needs more, it's up to me to go out and get them... :-/ Ohhh, but she looks so good in sheer black.

I'm so happy for you my wife asked to use some of my eye shadow one time and its a great feeling like your just one of the girls.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Wink

Thats great, sounds very promising my wife is just a little sneaky and wears my favourite dresses to work when she thinks that I wont find out
    Kathryn

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    "I can't believe I'm asking you this, but can I borrow a pair of hose?" That was how my wife phrased it the first time. She might have borrowed some a second or third time, but I cannot remember. She has never been fully accepting of any of this stuff...
    That is almost exactly the way my wife phrased it, except it was "do you have . . ." rather than "can I borrow . . ." as she never had any intention of giving them back. This happened twice, and while I enjoyed the situation immensely, I was just clear headed enough to know that it was necessity rather than acceptance.

Liz

My wife asked to borrow my makeup on halloween... to tell the truth, I didn't want her messing around with my stuff, but let her use it anyhow, there is a dynamic there that's kind of like walking on thin ice...not sure about the protocol goes for sharing girl stuff...
    Chickie

Hi,

Sounds pretty good to me. to share things.

...noeleena...

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I was shopping for makeup lastweek and came across my wife's brand and shade of lip gloss. I bought her the shade she wears and a 2nd one a little lighter. Beforevi went to work on Friday I left both on the bathroom counter then when we talk later in the day that she would find a little something from me when she gets home from work.
    Although she does not support my dressing she did send me a text and say it was very thoughtful and she is glad I was thinking of her. When I got home she had a nice meal cooked and again say thanks... how did you know what to buy me?
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    That is so cute...

But I thought it would've been funny if you said "No! These are my pair of pantyhose, go get your own!!" lol

But I am happy for you nonetheless, it seems like she is very comfortable with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    "I can't believe I'm asking you this, but can I borrow a pair of hose?"
    She followed it up with another one tonight-
    "I can't beleive I'm asking you this, but is this your nail polish?"
    Do you see a pattern here? Hmmmmmm?

I hate to point this out but -
    "I can't believe I'm asking you"
    sounds more like something said out of necessity then the glimmer of acceptance beginning.

More like, crap I'm out of [whatever] I hate to do it, but I know he has [whatever] and asking him is better then going to the store for it.

Just my opinion though
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

My SO borrows my cloths all the time. She has even started to wear dresses to work, since I do not own ant pants. If I need them, I know where they are. The only problem is, when she gets home, she does not stay in my cloths to long. I usually help her take them off, and we end up doing it on the couch.

My SO and I don't wear the same sizes. I'm more slender than her, and she's always saying things like "Damn, I wish I could wear that dress". She has, however, borrowed makeup items from me now and then. I feel truly blessed, having such a wonderful, supportive SO.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

That is awesome. My wife doesn't ask me, she just takes, and it is not eally borrowing, because I never get the things back.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    Do you see a pattern here? Hmmmmmm?

I hate to point this out but -
    "I can't believe I'm asking you"
    sounds more like something said out of necessity then the glimmer of acceptance beginning.

More like, crap I'm out of [whatever] I hate to do it, but I know he has [whatever] and asking him is better then going to the store for it.

Just my opinion though
    It's certainly a valid point of view, Sammy, and I can't rule it out. She didn't keep them, though- after she changed out of work clothes she put them on my side of the bed. We talked about our days, and when she feels really uncomfortable with something that I do (or is mad at me) she usually isn't so talkative. So, I'll just take things slow as everyone advised and wait to see wha happens next.

Thanks again, girls for the comments! I love to hear all the stories from all of you.

It's become commonplace for us to share things.
    She wanted to try the new Bali bra that she saw at Kohl's and I was able to find it online cheaper so I asked if she wanted them.
    When I placed the order for hers and asked if she wanted anything else she said, "What color are you getting for yourself?". When I told her she said, "I thought that's the color you'd want".

It's so wonderful to be able to be so open now after all the years of hiding. It's made us so much closer.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !