Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Are you waiting to try that on?"

That's just lovely I'm so delighted that your first dress is associated with a happy experience.
    Lisa

Sounds like a great exerience.

Karen made a great point. By accepting you as you are, the store made a sale and by the sound of it, a loyal customer who will return again.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    I was shopping today en drab (I had pantyhose on with shorts). I went to a consignment store. They only had household items and women's clothes. I picked out a dress and a skirt to try on. A teenager was in the dressing room. Another woman was shopping. The other woman asked me, "Are you waiting to try that on? You can go ahead of me." I've never had anything like that happen before.

Later, after I tried on the dress, while I was still holding it, the store owner walked past me and said in a hushed tone, "You can try that on." I said I already did. I ended up putting the dress back on and the nice customer and the store owner helped me select a belt to wear with it.

After some arguing with myself, I decided to buy the dress and the belt. Then, I wore it out of the store. I was in my man head, my (first) black dress, my belt, and my socks and men's tennis shoes. Not the most tasteful ensemble.

I went to a shoe store after this and tried on some heels with my dress. The dress is rather casual. It feels so nice to wear. It is not confining. I've never found a dress that I could afford that I felt like it would look good on me. Before I have only worn skirts and blouses or shorts/pants. This is my first dress!!!

I'm so happy tonight!
    Good Job JJJJohanne.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

I've been shopping in Thrift stores lately with friendly results. Just jeans and t's mainly but a couple of bras. Can't wait to find a dress it must be so cool for you and to leave the store dressed. Wow, someday I will. Thanks for the positive story keep on dressing.

hugs rita

Ahhhh! I remember buying my first dress. I was in drab too. How exciting, good for you!

Thrift store and consignment stores are great. I have a consignment store that I patronize. The owner knows me well and always lets me know when she has something in my size. I have been there both in drab and dressed.