Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work vs. CD'ing, Which one wins?

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar

Work vs. CD'ing, Which one wins?

I was out Friday night with a friend and she asked me " Do I sometimes find myself pushing aside work to do CD related things" and I had to say YES. It got me thinking that I cannot be the only one, so my question is: "Who else has found themselves doing the same?"
    Rachael

Yeah, sometimes I gone for days. Just had my review (last Thursday) and they made me sign some freakin' paperwork that I have to dress appropriate - now, I never got to understand if this means "do not wear women's no more or ****ing else". I do make an effort to look good at work in whatever mode, and I consider myself being the best dressed person at my place of work.

/Johanna

Banned Read only cracks_in_porcelain's Avatar
    I sometimes take days off to go shopping or maybe just kill the itch. Def agree!

Banned Read only cracks_in_porcelain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johanna.kitten View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I gone for days. Just had my review (last Thursday) and they made me sign some freakin' paperwork that I have to dress appropriate - now, I never got to understand if this means "do not wear women's no more or ****ing else". I do make an effort to look good at work in whatever mode, and I consider myself being the best dressed person at my place of work.

/Johanna
    It means dress like a man. What did you wear? I'm sure it was business professional.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It can be a constant battle to find time enough for work, family, old friends and the CD world. It's one of the biggest sources of stress, particularly if you don't have someone who has a foot in both worlds so you can double up a little. Other than that you will fight it as you look for balance in an off-balance world.

For instance, right now I should be preparing for vacation instead of stopping in here, on Facebook and catching up with news from my local support group. We are not masters of time, as much as we would want to be.
    Last edited by Sarah Doepner; 02-12-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I should be packing, not reading and writing
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Gold Member
    Well, obviously we look at our jobs as important. Just look at how many don't want work to know so their jobs are at risk. So we do have to be careful with our priorities.

While I think my job would not have an issue if I was seen by someone (I'll bet that has already happened), there is still a responsibility to do a good job if you want to build value. And if you have value, your job is more stable. So for me, I don't take days off for dressing. Even when it comes to overtime, which I get to set my own pace, I have think about it a little. If something is time sensitive, work wins. If I am just backlogged, then it is a coin toss.

Work wins everytime, Monique is very high maintainence .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

I'm lucky enough to get to do both on business trips. Nothing like crossdressing on an expense account!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I do mould my work at times to suit my crossdressing. Whether it be trying to book one of my flex days or modify the time of my shift to accomodate a planned activity. There were countless times where I wasn't able to do so and ended up cutting my night short to rush home to get ready for and head straight to work (the joys of starting at 2am).
    However, I could do without crossdressing and could not do without work. So work would win if it has to be a choice.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-12-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Banned Read only
    Before I retired I had to take off 'therapy' days to not only clear my head of the work related daily crap, but, also time to be en femme for seven hours. Now, as a retiree with the ability to be en femme five days a week, I do not feel the stress/need to be en femme. It's nice to be able to act on impulse-to dress en homme!

Yes well paying the rent is important. My work life is not suitable to my dressing appropriately as I would like!!

Quote Originally Posted by cracks_in_porcelain View Post
    It means dress like a man. What did you wear? I'm sure it was business professional.
    Not sure wot it means as I made sure it was in my contract when I started off that I could wear whatever I liked, it only needed to be smart. I am in a IT/office environment so when needed I go drabs if I have to attend meetings, seeing customers/sales people etc. Basically there is only one person at work that have a problem with me and this person is not even in a manager type of role.

Hey, I guess they never figured that they had a little TG to be, crosser when they hired me and draw up that contract. I'm protected by law in this country!

/Johanna at wannabegirl dot co dot uk

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by johanna.kitten View Post

/Johanna
    I think that you might carefully start asking some questions regarding this. What it sounds like, is that they started documenting your appearance; which they might be doing if they felt the need to provide enough documentation to justify firing you. If it doesn't matter, continue on, but it sounds like someone doesn't like something about you. I'm not trying to create any problems, but just thought I would warn you.
    Dana Ryan

Work has to win. Responsibilities to my family come way before dressing.

To Johanna: If they singled you out to sign some sort of "appropriateness" paperwork they are already discriminating against you.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I think that you might carefully start asking some questions regarding this. What it sounds like, is that they started documenting your appearance; which they might be doing if they felt the need to provide enough documentation to justify firing you. If it doesn't matter, continue on, but it sounds like someone doesn't like something about you. I'm not trying to create any problems, but just thought I would warn you.
    Cheers! I think they would have had me fooked long time ago if they did not like me. Now, I know for a fact that I have the support of CEO, CTO, HR and professional services in both CDing and transitioning. Probably it is only the 22 inch hair extensions and burgundy nail varnish, perhaps even the 4 inch heels that makes such a good sound from them hardwood floors in my office that pester them. I can change if need be but then again - another job is just a phone call away for me as I am quite sought after. And when it comes to documenting things, all email, skype, msn, icq etc. - all my phone calls are recorded off-site, my handset records video/audio from the very second I set foot in the office, every day.

/Johanna at wannabegirl dot co dot uk

Work wins but it can't stop me from underdressing, everyday I have a little girly secret and it feels great!

I used to do that but then I came out to my wife and found her to be completely accepting and understanding. That allows me the freedom to dress whenever I wish and removes the need to "steal" time from other things.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    " Do I sometimes find myself pushing aside work to do CD related things"
    If I am not doing anything else, then I am working. 15+ hours a day is common for me. Any "self-care time" (cross-dressing, reading, having a shower, sleeping) is from me pushing aside work. My workplace routinely gets annoyed at me for not taking enough holidays (it causes financial problems.)

Have I ever taken a holiday so that I can dress up and go out shopping or the like? Yes. That's what holidays are for: breaks to allow you to refresh yourself. It isn't any different in that respect than the fair number of people at work who take some spring or summer Fridays off to go camping or to a cottage.

These days there is always someone claiming that I personally, out of everyone in the world, am their only hope of passing their university degree, that I have to help them, right now. The more people I help, the more become convinced that I am their only hope. The situation is very draining, a recipe for burn-out.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to put aside your work and take care of yourself, knowing that the world will keep running, that other people will cope; knowing that Yes, someone will literally fail university when they might have passed with your help, but that their life will go on anyhow, and that your need to refresh yourself on occasion is as important as their need.

I guess that works if you are independently wealthy or work for yourself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Luckily, I've been self-employed for 10 years; so I work pretty at home almost every day 8-10 hours, daily. So I made both worlds meet, when my wife started to stay home during the days too.

I think *if* I did have to work a "real" on-site job, I would find a way to either work from home more, or consider introducing dressing at work. Seems I'm an addict..

It took a little while, but my wife is also tolerant, and amazingly accepting of this. As long as she gets her man in the evenings.
    Last edited by Natalee; 02-12-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Posted before completing my thoughts; as usual...

Never. For there is nothing in this gold standard money driven world more important than being productive, makin it, bringin it and.. if you're lucky enough to have 'love' and family..comin home and puttin it in her little hand (aww..), layin it at her feet...kissin her lil toes & awesome as#..lookin up to see her approving smile, hear her giggle and laugh as she pats you on the head then..getn you Up to go out & do it again..and again and...

i'm currently unemployed. someone asked me what my dream job would be i said princess........... DUH!
    My BF said you pretty much are! if it weren't true id be mad at him : P

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    I've often been torn by this question. On one hand I enjoy being myself, but work brings it's own satisfactions. I can't say anyone is right or wrong, but I do know that my job pays for my dream, so while that dream remains attainable I have to keep at it. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

I've had to past two days off.I thought I was gonna do some good dressing but my SO is sick,so I'm spending the past couple of days underdressed.It's better than nothing.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Work has to win, not only over CDing but all the other things in life that we'd rather do. Responsibilities can be a bear, but being an adult can be a bear too. It just comes with the territory when you sign on to family life!