Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlie things you used to hate.

Girlie things you used to hate.

Things sure changed for me after I finally accepted I was TG.

My biggest hate was purses, I didn't like even touching the darn things! Now I have my own.

I hated shopping, now I love clothes shopping. I hated pink, now I love pink. Oh and I never liked chocolate, now I enjoy it. Oh..and so many things are pretty now.lol.. I used to hate that word too.

I'm sure everybody has had some changes, what are yours?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Waiting for my wife or date to get ready to go out at nite! Used to drive me nuts! They rarely, if ever took an hour!

Now, I take an hour, OR MORE, just to get out the items I plan to dress in! Eeek!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Waiting for my wife or date to get ready to go out at nite! Used to drive me nuts! They rarely, if ever took an hour!

Now, I take an hour, OR MORE, just to get out the items I plan to dress in! Eeek!

That's a good one Sherry! The tables have turned here too. I'm the slow one now..

Oh..hopscotch. I still hate hopscotch. The girls always hogged the sidewalk with that game!!

I carry a bag all the time now. I call it a purse, my wife says it is a man-bag. Wear pretty flowery under things now. What I realize however is that I always really liked all those things, and more, I just suppressed those thoughts any-time they started to surface. After acknowledging my TG tendencies its so much easier to admit that I really have always liked all the feminine things and mannerisms and to make allowances for them in my life.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Quote Originally Posted by AnitaH View Post
    I carry a bag all the time now. I call it a purse, my wife says it is a man-bag. Wear pretty flowery under things now. What I realize however is that I always really liked all those things, and more, I just suppressed those thoughts any-time they started to surface. After acknowledging my TG tendencies its so much easier to admit that I really have always liked all the feminine things and mannerisms and to make allowances for them in my life.

AnitaH
    Good points Anita! Things sure change.

Gold Member
    Mine is also being late. Guess what? It hasn't changed. I do take a while, but I just start earlier. Some parts of us are always the same and I don't like the feeling of someone having to wait for me.

I used to really not care for smelly hand lotion. Now that I have taken off all my hair on my hands I use lotion just a little smelly.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Marleena, Nice legs! What I hate is that I don't have legs like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnhose View Post
    Marleena, Nice legs! What I hate is that I don't have legs like yours.
    Aww..thanks Seana! They're not too bad for an old girl. You have a prettier face so we're even.

The coded language girls and women employ to talk about "girly" stuff and in doing so, shut the guys out of their "in the know" converstions.

Guess what, girls? I've cracked the code, and I'm on to you. Ruching, empire waists, "structured" clothes, pashminas, shrugs, racer back bras, kitten heels, espadrilles, bronzer, "smokey eyes", French manicures, clutches, fascinators, VPL's, boat necks, "nightshade" colored hose etc., etc...I know what all these terms mean - and then some.

Made them my own as well now, and lovin' every minute of it...

I agree with Sherry & Marleena in regard to the time it takes to get presentable.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Guess what, girls? I've cracked the code, and I'm on to you.
    Ah, but have you cracked the code on all the girly euphemisms for breasts, periods, sex, and pregnancy? Or the codes for "you have a smudge on your nose?" Or how to tell if another women hates you even when she is telling you how great you look?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi,

Or is it being in tune with other women & you dont say any thing . it's you both know . & the guys have no idear. yet you pass to each other little infactions .

I can t say i disliked girle things or guy things , more they were there , & ether it did not interest me or i was not bothered,

Pink has allways been my fav colour tho the saxiphone was not my fav instrament. i would love to play it,that has been a change because i hated it years ago.

As to bags just a matter of changeing from one to the other my first was more of a army stlye smaller back pack to a black womans shoulder backpack.

Tho the funny thing is i carried Jos's bag for her a lot, i was quite comforable doing that, ya a real womans bag, leather of cause,

...noeleena...

One girlie thing I've never been attracted to is corsets. I still don't like the idea--especially after some of the things I've read on this forum about what they do to your internal organs. I have very nice internal organs, I like them just the way they are, and I don't want anybody or anything messing with them.

I know that Karren Hutton swears by them (corsets, that is, not internal organs) and of course her views carry a lot of weight. But if she could just see my internal organs, I think she'd agree I'm doing the right thing.

Annabelle

I could never understand brunettes that dyed their hair blonde ... Lol, now that's my chosen summer colour! And yes, I'm a brunette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Honestly I cannot think of anything considered "girly" that I used to hate, especially now that I do it all myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

long hair, coudent stand it before now i wont let anybody touch it.

Not a thing!
    I've always enjoyed every little bit. The time it takes to get ready, the struggle to decide what to wear, trying on half a dozen pairs of shoes to find the ones I want to wear, the hours of shopping and scouring the sale racks for that one great item, the time epilating to make myself smooth and soft, I love it all!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not real sure.. if I had to pick one thing I would go with purses. I think I have always liked makeup though.
    I still dont like the real small clutch purses..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Well.... Actually it was women's breasts.... When like 9 or 10 I accidentally walked in on my elderly aunt when she was putting on her bra and "what the hell are those??". I felt really embarrassed. years later I was at some big thing at our country club and this hot woman with a low cut dress with big breasts was the mistress of honor or something and I remember feeling so embarrassed looking at her... Don't really know why. I loved wearing bras but never really like seeing women's breasts.... That changed during high school and now that I have a pair of my own I love them!! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne Renee View Post
    Not real sure.. if I had to pick one thing I would go with purses. I think I have always liked makeup though.
    I still dont like the real small clutch purses..
    What if it was full of chocolate?
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-14-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

couple of years ago I would be at my girlfriends house when her father's girlfriend's daughter used to visit often and nearly every visit she would make some attempt to put make up on me, at the time I hated it and didn't really know why.
    Now I wish I could go back to that time and allow them to do what they wanted.
    I have come to realise when I was younger I always overacted badly to anything girlie often when it was a simple joke. Now I embrace my girlie side I am much happier .

I couldn't stand it when my wife would spend seemingly endless hours sorting through racks of clothes looking for the perfect outfit. Now I do it and think nothing of it.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Breasts, you say? Don't they interfere with that big wind-up slap-shot? By the way Karren, I love that you constantly update your avatar..I can't figure out how to change mine..
    How does one change the picture? I can feel for the Aunt Gertie trauma...Egads, what are those long things auntie? hehe smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Before I discovered my CDing desires, I hated anything to do with girls.

Quote Originally Posted by drag n fly View Post
    Breasts, you say? Don't they interfere with that big wind-up slap-shot? By the way Karren, I love that you constantly update your avatar..I can't figure out how to change mine..
    How does one change the picture? I can feel for the Aunt Gertie trauma...Egads, what are those long things auntie? hehe smooches Jackie
    Click "Settings" (top right of screen), then scroll down to "Edit Avatar".
    DonnaT

Makeup addict!
    I used to hate women's obsessions with shoes and how they have to match something. Now I understand why