Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much $ have you lost to purging?

How much $ have you lost to purging?

Over the course of your CD life how much money have you lost to purging more or less than $5,000. I've probably spent that in pantyhose and heels over 25 years. How about You?

In over 30 years I think I spent about $10,000. lots of dresses and other items.

Probably close to the amount needed to bail Greece out of its current financial crisis . One of the perils of having an only moderately tolerating wife, I suppose...

I have never felt the urge to purge. I have clothes, etc that are over 50 years old. I can't part with any of it, even if it is completely worn out.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

i probaly spent over 5000.00 in the last 25 yrs with purging and buying new things

Me ... I have only purged maybe twice and that was when I was in High School. So maybe $30 to $60.

Now my problem is I do not purge anything ... even when I should. LOL

I have never had the urge to purge but I have gotten rid of things that don't fit. My guesstimate is over the 5000.00 range. Last year alone I got rid of 6-7 of the large garbage bags full of clothes. Would make for a nice tax write off but wife doesn't really know just how large my wardrobe has become.

enough to retire on for the rest of my familys life
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I've lost about $1000 worth of clothes and other makeup,accessories and stuff. I wouldn't have chucked the stuff out but my Mom said something about needing to look through my things for some sort of knick-knacks she said she couldn't locate in the house anywhere else. This happened 6 times.

Silver Member
    I've probably tossed out a couple of hundred dollars worth of clothes that I would have kept, but for various reasons purged. I've donated lots of clothes that I became tired of. You can only wear so many even dressing every day.

I would guess over $2,000. What a waste.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Don't even want to think about it.......

You mean how much has my wife.... Mother... Sister.... Girlfriends.... Step mother. Step sisters..... Lost?

Since my crossdressing came back uber seriously almost 10 years ago.... I have not purged... But I have lost $$$ from giving away clothes, breast forms... Wigs and makeup I didn't want to those who can use it.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If I could remember all the times I purged that would help my estimate but it would definitely be in the thousands. Haven't purged now for over ten years and never will again. I will cull the wardrobe regularly though and donate much to Goodwill.

Purging? Zero. Have never done it and will never go there.

But like anyone else, I often rotate stuff that is not being used out of my closet. It is rare that I ever have any regret for letting anything go. There's always something newer-funner-shinier to make me forget.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    Don't even want to think about it.......

agreed.......................

My biggest lost in a purge was a FORCED purge by my second wife. (i.e. SHE purged for me). She threw away in excess of $7,500.00 worth of clothing, lingerie, shoes, make-up, breast forms, wigs. The most I ever lost in one self induced purge was probably around $1000.00. All totaled throughout my crossdressing years I have probably "lost" close to $15,000.00 all combined.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I couldn't begin to put a number on what purging cost me over the years.
    I just know that there were so many items that I loved and lost. Now that everything is out in the open and I don't have to hide anymore there will never be another event like that and I won't be wasting my money ever again.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've never purged voluntarily, but I purged at the insistence of my wife-to be.

I didn't lose much, dollar-wise, as my purges were before I had a significant wardrobe, mainly makeup, a bad wig, undergarments and hosiery. What I really, really regret purging is all my oldest photos of myself going back to my days in high school. When I was engaged to be married, I told my wife-to-be about my dressing several months before the wedding, and she insisted that I throw everything out, and I was foolish enough to comply.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I couldn't even begin to tally up my losses. I can't even tell you honestly how many times I have purged. My last purge though I held back a dress and a coat. Wish I would have kept a couple pairs of the heels too but didn't. I haven't even thought of purging again for awhile now.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

purging zero, its either you embrace yourself entirely or you do not. Never understood the purging ideal myself.
    FB profile, always need more friends. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002715523614

Banned Read only
    I believe the question relates to 'purging' in the sense of getting rid of feminine garments due to self loathing, non acceptance, etc. In that I sense the first dress I bought while my wife was visiting her family 2,000 miles away, I threw away before she came back home. Now, the only things I have gotten rid of are garments that have been worn out or do not fit, hosiery with runs, and expired makeup. Maybe the dress cost under fifteen dollars thirty five years ago.

Thanks for all the responses. Like many I was on a roller coaster of purge and buy for many years but have finally stopped over last 2 or 3 years. Seems that the older I get the more accepting I become about my CD.

I have purged 4 or 5 times and I would have to say way below $5k, I shop at good will mostly so I don't pay a lot for my clothes. I have the odd item I paid more for but generally cheaper. So between forced purge and voluntary probably around $1800. You bring up memories of items long gone

I last purged in 2000 and it hurt. Lost some beautiful clothes I could never get back. About $3000 worth. Was blessed with a good job after the purge but I lost this job because I fell back into buying womens clothes. Felt like God curses my jobs because of crossdressing. I got back rare jr vintage flare dresses from thrift stores though.

Almost purged in Feb 2009. I had a terrible 4 month long paranoid episode where I thought crossdressing was cursed by demons. I almost gave away over $20,000 worth of beautiful skirt suits and cheerleader clothes - stuff I can't find anymore and stuff that couldn't be replaced. I had a terrible pain to the thought of purging, I said, "God, can I keep these clothes for a beautiful woman my size?" Size 6 at 5' 4" is also Britney Spear's figure! I fell back into crossdressing because God did not bless me with a good job.

Now I have a tremendous beautiful collection of everything! I rarely feel the need to shop anymore. If I feel like quitting / purging I say to God, - if I keep these clothes it keeps me from falling back to shopping a lot for womens clothes. - And just bless me with a pretty woman to fit my clothes and keep me happy!

Right now I have a big collection of rare hard to get real Catholic schoolgirl skirts and real 3 pc cheerleader outfits. Plus a few good expensive St John skirt suits. And my Wacoal bras and panties are expensive! It would hurt too much to purge this.

If I had to purge I would ebay my stuff and donate 5% to the church.