Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you girls feel about purses?

How do you girls feel about purses?

I can't believe myself; I bid on and won the cutest Brighton purse on eBay. I just had to have it. It's a small purse I can slip over my shoulder and I'm sure women would probably notice if I were in guy mode, but I just don't care. It is darling and I can't wait to wear it. Do any of you enjoy cute purses as well? Now, what do I put in it?

Aimee

Put in it everything you need and everything else that you can fit in it. You'll wonder why you haven't had one all your life. They are so practical. Men need them too they just don't know it yet. I love purses. Enjoy!

Contessa Marie
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Contessa View Post
    Aimee

Put in it everything you need and everything else that you can fit in it. You'll wonder why you haven't had one all your life. They are so practical. Men need them too they just don't know it yet. I love purses. Enjoy!

Contessa Marie
    I can't imagine how I ever got along without one... Kinda like the day you bought your first pickup tuck... you never knew just how much you needed one untill you had it. I carry my purse no matter how I'm presenting.

Having a purse is a necessary evil, that's really not an evil. I have so much to lug around, and I love shopping for purses of all types.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

5150 Girl's comment seems right. I have a pickup, and seems like it is always needed for something.

For drab mode I'm starting with more of a station wagon.

Yesterday I bought a new camera bag from Walmart. I've gotten tried of being jealous about women's purses, but the "guy" in me says no way in drab to carry a purse. But I have no problem carrying a camera bag.

So my plan is: the new bag is my stealth purse. The 8" long woman's billfold I've been carrying for 4-6 months, with 1/3-1/2 of it sticking out of my pants pocket now is in the bag. Its a tight fit, but goes in when everything else in the bag is lined up right. Along with the billfold, is stuff I could carry in cargo pants, but just no room for them in my women's jeans.

The bag says SONY on the flap. So in addition today ordered a little Sony point and shoot digital camera for the bag from Amazon. A silver one, even though they make a pink version. So I can show that it really is a camera bag. Who knows maybe in time I'll get brave enough to switch to one of my real purses.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-LCSX20/13920285

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-Sho...8826354&sr=8-2
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

You might want to check out this recent thread in the "Clothing, Accessories & Shopping Talk" section : http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?168646
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbie lanai View Post
    5150 Girl's comment seems right. I have a pickup, and seems like it is always needed for something.
    My brother-in-law has a pickup and I agree. I always need it for something. The plight of owning a truck is that everyone you know is moving. But I can't seem to get him to carry a purse.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I found the cure for the "move'n truck" dilemma.. I have 2 pickups, one is a F-250 4-door long bed V-10 (red) that is my baby.. the 2nd and the "LOANER" is a 1973 Ford, long bed, black/white top I call it the "pole cat"... If someone wants "borrow" my truck to move their crap... take a wild guess what they get to drive!

Actually 95% of my friends have their own pickups... I do live in Tennessee y'all know.

WAIT!!! .... and only one purse? something wrong with this picture!
    Beth
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I use a purse every day Love it. I do own more than 1 but my spare needs some repair lost a strap attachment. Carry an Ameribag type everywhere no problems. Ive more than a couple pickups yes that's my truck no I won't help you move!

I have to say - when I transistioned back in the mid 80's the one aspect of "going male" again was loosing the purse. For months after I'd go somewhere and do something then my mind would freak "WHERES YOUR PURSE!!" immediately followed by...oh yeah...I'm not carrying one... I finally surrendered and picked up a nice clutch as after 5 years of not sitting on a lump I just couldn't do it.

Jenn

I have many purses and what drives me crazy is each time I get a new one, it's only ever available in the one color. So you find one you like, but it doesn't match the outfit so off looking for another one that does. Do you know how hard it is to find a purse with a long shoulder strap that zips closed? grrrrrrr!

If you observe women, they usually carry a purse when out. Put on a blouse and skirt and you'll see why. No place to carry anything, not even your house or car key.

When I go out, I take a purse and use it to carry what I need. Phone, wallet, keys, sunglasses, etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I am a sucker for purses and diesel dually's nuf said!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Amiee,
    I never needed a purse until I started going out, now I have many, but the last one I bought was my most decadent purchase, a Louis Vuitton mini bag. Like you, it was soo cute.
    Rachael

I love purses, but have the hardest time with them. Why? Because my shoulders are too narrow and they won't stay put! I always have to keep a hand on the strap. I'd say I just have girl shoulders, but GGs don't seem to have any problem. :/
    I am not who you think I am

A purse is a must. Where would I carry all my cosmetics and my wallet if I didn't have a purse?
    Besides, my wife and I share many of them.
    She even bought one for me for Christmas and when I asked why she would spend so much on a purse for me she told me that she wouldn't spend it on herself, but she thought I was worth it...and besides, then she could borrow it....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I love carrying a purse. I love pink so I just bought a new small pink purse with cute flowers on it. Got it a Walmart for 9.99 and it holds my favorite cosmetics that I wear regularly.

I soooo need to get one.
    FB profile, always need more friends. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002715523614

I would carry a purse in drab if I thought I could get away with it. Guys dont carry purses but we put everything in our pockets which is even worse..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

A purse is essential to any good outfit and no self respecting girl would be without a cute one to match her cutest outfit. I have a collection of purses to fit all occasions, some so big I can fit a truck into them, and others small enough for only a handkerchief, lipstick, and perfume.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

In Texas we have a law requiring everyone to own a pickup, but not healthcare. Now if we could just get a law requiring everyone to carry a purse! BTW I have a small really pretty one I use en femme, but I'm starting to understand wny my wife and daughters have the big ones, I really can't get everything I need in mine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Leyna View Post
    I love purses, but have the hardest time with them. Why? Because my shoulders are too narrow and they won't stay put! I always have to keep a hand on the strap. I'd say I just have girl shoulders, but GGs don't seem to have any problem. :/
    From $10 to $500 and up, ebay has lots of 'cross body' purses. Tignanello makes some nice compact versions, also try Entice messenger bag. With shoulder straps and narrow configuration, you can have it ride at hip or slightly above, and they stay on your (opposite) shoulder. Every color, plastic, cloth, and leather. 'Cross body purse' gives you 17,000 hits. Plenty to choose from.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think this thread is beeing hijacked by pick up tucks! But then again, the purse is the pick up of the acessory world
    Waht I wanna know is, why are most of the purses out there short handles? I like a long strap to sling it over the sholder.

Banned Read only
    I always have a purse when i am out. Never in the history of time have you seen a woman out without one. It is a critical as shoes

I carried a purse in drab mode all around the US, UK, and Europe.
    It was a long handled, brown, soft leathery purse I bought from Target in Seattle.
    People looked until I pulled one of the cameras out.
    Being flat I could pack it in my small suitcase no worries.
    It is better than a camera bag. Has more pockets and is very soft.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.