Thread: Stage beauty

Stage Beauty

Tonight I watched a movie on cable Named Stage Beauty. Having fallen on deaf ears in the “Love Ones” forum, this movie illustrated the difficulties many of use share about crossdressing today. It is not a far stretch, going from the 17th century in this movie to the behavior being exhibited in some areas of this website. There are NO winners here. There are no wrong or right opinions, just opinions. However instead of the right lining up with the right and the left lining up with left, is it still possible in today’s world to talk “about” something and not talk “at” something? This movie illustrated that men and women are not really that different. The problem is our preception.
    Last edited by IMkrystal; 02-14-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Sounds like a very interesting film! One I was unaware of. Thank you!

Ah! Here it is in Jean-Louis Ginibre's wonderful book, Ladies Or Gentlemen: A Pictorial History of Male Cross-dressing in the Movies (2005, ISBN 1-933231-04-1). He said, "Handsomely crafted tale of ambition, celebrity, and gender confusion directed by Richard Eyre."

Ginibre's book seems to be available right now from Amazon at a truly bargain price, $11.92 (US) with the potential for free shipping! Back in 2005 I paid full price, $65 (US), for it and thought it was worth every cent! Still do!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).