Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out in San Francisco

Banned Read only

Out in San Francisco

Ok, it's like.y the most tolerant city in the world, BUT, tonight will be my first time out where interaction with others is required. Drinks, dinner, and the great unknown. Thanks to Rachael and Allie for taking me out!

Had to add the only pictures of the night.

At dinner is was Rachael on the left, me in the middle and Allie on the right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 02-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You go get em girl. Will be waiting for the posts on the great time you had...

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Best wishes darlin. I hope that the adventure will turn out as a compete success.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    That's great, Jen! I can't wait to hear the details.

Very jealous!!! But you couldn't have picked a better couple of girlfriends to hit the town with! Have a great evening and tell us all about it tomorrow!

Debby

Jen -- we're all happy for you and eager to hear the tales of your adventures!
    Hugs -- Diane

I'll be surprised if you don't have the time of your life, and come home wondering why you have not done this sooner!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

haha i hope it was a nice experience! i most probably will be making a trip down to sf in summer for abt 6 wks and am also thinking of going out for my first time haha....

Tolerant? I think they invented the word.
    Have a good time out there, I know i did.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Just got back to the hotel at 1:30am. And yes Debby, my two hostesses (Aalie andRacheal) were fantastic. To anyone waiting to go out, don't wait. Get a friend, and go. Now, SF is quite tolerant for Crossdressers or any of the transgender ilk, but the one on one interactions, talk to you eye to eye conversations, was incredible. Drinks, dinner and drinks went flawlessly. I didn't feel dressed at any point. It was relaxing, fun, stimulating and completely natural. I wore a dress and heels and was not overdressed anywhere. What tonight showed me is that rather than hiding, reaching out to the masses resulted in nothing but positives. No one cared if i was wearing a dress or a suite. They only cared about the person. Humans can surprise you. I was totally nervous while getting ready and completely relaxed throughout the night.

Samantha, send Allie SF a note if you come here. She's a great tour guide.

Funny, how when you have had a memorable moment that you want to share it with others! Had drinks on the highest floor of her hotel with a wonderful view of the roofs of all the shorter buildings, then to dinner at a very upscale restaurant at the base of the hotel, and then on to after dinner drinks and a lot of conversation and a newbie Tarot card reading at out favorite "Cheers" bar in the Castro where we literally closed the bar. Nothing could be finer than a night in Carolina, or is that San Francisco, with some great friends, old and new! Till the next time Jennifer.

Awesome and congrats! Doing the same now, first real time out, in palm springs. Having a ball!

So happy for you Jennifer, to have such a great experience with true friends

Some day, hopefully this summer, I will have to be as brave as you and truly live.

Cindy
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    ................ but the one on one interactions, talk to you eye to eye conversations, was incredible. Drinks, dinner and drinks went flawlessly. I didn't feel dressed at any point. It was relaxing, fun, stimulating and completely natural. .........
    What has kept me from one on one interactions is mostly the voice. I have managed a few "good morning"s or "thank you" in public with a voice that probably sounds more like Michael Jackson than a female.

Were you using a female voice and attempting to pass as a female or your natural voice and just not worrying about the "crossdresser" thing?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    You go girl glad you had a great adventure its fun going out with the girls.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy777 View Post
    Some day, hopefully this summer, I will have to be as brave as you and truly live.
    Cindy, there was no bravery. THAT'S what's interesting about this. We build up in our minds something that does not exist but we feel we have to overcome. It's in your head, it was the way for me. This was really a non-event when I think about it (Allie made that possible) Just three friends having an evening out. Having a friend at your side makes the difference. Find a friend

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Were you using a female voice and attempting to pass as a female or your natural voice and just not worrying about the "crossdresser" thing?
    Linda, I used my male voice. I will practice a more feminine voice but it wasn't Asa weird as I thought it would be, voice wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Just got back to the hotel at 1:30am. And yes Debby, my two hostesses (Aalie andRacheal) were fantastic. To anyone waiting to go out, don't wait. Get a friend, and go. Now, SF is quite tolerant for Crossdressers or any of the transgender ilk, but the one on one interactions, talk to you eye to eye conversations, was incredible. Drinks, dinner and drinks went flawlessly. I didn't feel dressed at any point. It was relaxing, fun, stimulating and completely natural. I wore a dress and heels and was not overdressed anywhere. What tonight showed me is that rather than hiding, reaching out to the masses resulted in nothing but positives. No one cared if i was wearing a dress or a suite. They only cared about the person. Humans can surprise you. I was totally nervous while getting ready and completely relaxed throughout the night.
    This thread should be required reading for all new members. There are so many of us that fear going out, even though it is our hearts desire. When we do it is almost always just like this, uplifting and wonderful. It breaks down so many of those old fears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Jess, I agree (not necessarily about the required reading) but the obsitcals we imagine are far greater than any in reality. Before I went out, I was getting nervous. I wasn't going to chicken out but I was nervous. I spoke to my wife and she says, "So what's the worst that can happen? Someone you don't know, who might read you, might call you a name." and that's the truth. I think as crossdressers we think we might be more tolerant of a crossdresser, but I think the world in general just doesn't care and a positive interaction will give that person a nice story, a new perspective and now, in my limited experience, they stop seeing a crossdresser and you're just a person. The human being is really an amazing animal.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    It was such a pleasure meeting you and felt like we were the "Three Muskegal's" taking SF by storm. Nobody was going to get in our way and we were and did have a great night.
    Have a good trip home and next time, do bring your wife.

Banned Read only
    You too Rachael! For sure my wife comes next time. Good time.

my clever saying here.... Mindy More's Avatar
    That sounds like a wicked awesome good time. Glad you 3 had such good fun.
    And the advice on having a friend with you is very good, I plan to follow that if/when I make my way out and about.
    Mindy

Member of the "Pulled Over When Dressed Club"

If I can get out there, you can too

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by pantease_sd View Post
    a wicked awesome good time.
    Mindy, I thought you were from San Diego,not Boston :-)

My next trip, we're going out

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Really pleased it all went well for you Jennifer - you obviously had a great time. There'll be no holding you back now. x

It is as if we are scared of being seen by that first person. After that, it is much less significant. I have had positive experiences much like yours in a couple other places that were not as known for being tolerant as SF. People are just not likely to do anything more than look at you to see that you are different. Then they are going to try to not be rude and go on with their business.