Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She, Me or Us?

Question She, Me or Us?

All of us on the CD/TG boat have an identification with the opposite gender, to greater or lesser extent. Some people add to the existing personality, while others treat the secondary gender as a totally different person. How do you feel more comfortable when addressing yourself?

1. "She" [SIZE="1"](in the case of MtF)[/SIZE]. You buy "her" gifts, you find time to be "her", you dream about fulfilling "her" dreams. She's someone else that you become eventually (or frequently).
    2. "Me". It's all a unit, even though in distinct presentations and scenarios. There is a transformation, but you'll not become "her"; it's still the same (not quite the same).
    3. "Us". Umm... I hope you're seeing a shrink? [SIZE="1"](even though I find hysterically funny people who talk about themselves as a collective entity lmao)[/SIZE]

Personally I've found I feel much more comfortable using "me". There was a time when it was easier — or even kinkier — to say "She likes to wear heels", but recently it just started to sound... so awkward. I like to wear heels, and present myself as a woman. (Now if I could use only one name...) I found that "she" was doing me harm, while "I" am loving to have a personality which can be very fluid in its presentation. When I stopped trying to accomodate two persons in one body things got so much relaxed... even though that brought a new set of (tough) objectives and challenges. (I'm not trying to imply that there's a way better than the other — I believe there isn't one — just sharing my particular snapshot to get the thread started ^ ^ [SIZE="1"]or ruining it with too much metaphysics[/SIZE])

So how about you? I'd like to know how integrated are the two genders in your personality. "I'm two" or "I'm a mix"? And why? (Surely it's possible to be/use both; in this case tell the one you feel better with.) Everybody's invited to answer (and I'd love to hear from the FtM boys too).
    [SIZE="1"]This post was inspired in Anna Lorree's somewhat analog thread directed to transwomen and in the ever amazing things that Anne2345 writes, particularly this post. [/SIZE]

Thanks a lot ^ ^
    ;***
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

i like to use me i dident have a (fem) name till i joined this site. just dident want to use my real name.
    but sonna has really grown on me. anyway i use me because im not two different people im just me.

I say me but I think of myself as a she even though I am a he. I was seeing a shrink but he ran away. Call be Bob

I'll go with the grey area between "me" and "us". I used to make the joke about being a "lesbian in a man's body" (a lot), but upon furthur review, it was probably more of a series of veritas in vino moments.

It's not so much dual personalities as much as it is one augmented personality that I can dig deep into throughout this life, which, in spite of it all, has gotten slightly easier since I embraced it.
    Silk and Steel

It is definitely "me" for me. I occasionally refer to Allie when I am too lazy to say "when dressed en femme". I do not have two personalities, alter egos or persona's, just one big mixed up one that I have finally learned to love and enjoy.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 02-18-2012 at 02:29 PM.

"Are you buying for your girlfriend'" NO.
    "Are you buying for your wife?" NO.
    "What size is she?"
    "No it is to fit ME"
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I feel most comfortable with "me" (Persephone) and "him" (that guy). Can't remember when I bought him a gift or enjoyed wearing his shoes but I figure that letting him out of his cage once in a while (when I have to) is good enough.

Do I think I'm psycho? Nope. We live in a bi-gendered world with no really good common words for anything else and so the use of these terms makes people feel more comfortable. It also creates a degree of separation that allows my spouse and those friends who know "both" to not embarrass themselves or me by using masculine pronouns to refer to me en femme and feminine pronouns to refer to him en drab.

Simplifies things for everyone.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Jess is me, and I am she.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Debbie is ME,
    Rex is a character I created to survive.
    Debbie wasn't allowed to do the things she loved.
    Rex was forced to do things he hated.
    Hiding Debbie meant no integrity, no authenticity, no honesty.
    Debbie gives me access to all that plus courage, compassion, commitment.
    Debbie also has access to playfulness, acknowledgement, beauty, and love.
    Debbie has attention to detail, impeccability.

Rex is a clown, they laughed AT him so long that he finally just exaggerated what they made fun of.
    Rex is a nerd and a geek - couldn't play with girls, hated playing with boys, so read a lot of non-fiction.

Debbie is very much a "people person" and likes to be friendly and interact with people, men and women.

Debbie has all of the abilities Rex has, but if not given a chance to come out and play on a regular basis
    Debbie will refuse to lend her skills to Rex.

When I'm out as Rex, and I see a woman in a pretty dress, I wish I was wearing the dress, the heels, the make-up, and could be as pretty as she is, or even more so.

When I'm in "Rex Mode" too long, I don't care too much about my weight, my figure, or even my appearance. When forced to stop doing Debbie, I've gained over 120 lbs very quickly. When I am going out as Debbie regularly, I'velost 100 lbs in 12 months.
    Last edited by DebbieL; 02-18-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Interesting, I think I swing between the categories to be honest. In my head I am definately me - I am an integrated whole. But I can go for periods when 'he' seems like an alien and an act I have to put on. I can literally feel like I am FtM cross dressing at times when I put the drab gear on and play my male role. At those times I feel like I am really Kaz. I also have my moments when the whole CD thing seems like a drain on my 'real' life - a distraction that prevents me from getting on with things. Then there are tghe in between times when it just all feels okay!

I can work at home, which can be helpful, but I also have to work away a lot, especially at the moment (not staying over as I am a little 'cash-strapped'!). I am increasingly waking up and setting off as Kaz (without make-up though) and then cding into male form when I get to my destination, and doing the reverse to come home... At work, only the outer garments are male... so I feel like I am Kaz but just playing at being a guy!

But is Kaz 'she' or the integrated whole? There is a guy at work who is openly 'out' and dresses 'en femme'. But he insists on using his male name and is not pretending to be anyone other than who he is. Total admiration... I think I am still a bit fragmented but I enjoy being the 'actor'!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Internally I'm 'me', but externally I have to be two people. I feel like Kerstin is who I am inside, but that part of me has to remain largely a secret, at least for now.

Well, Davida thinks that she should have her way all of the time.
    Me? I don't care one way or the other.
    But, both of US get along really well!

I only think of me as me but in the early days i use to sometimes say to my wife " it is for Joanne" and she would reply " you mean it`s for you " so now it is just one person which just happen to have a legal name and a perfered name , i chickened out the other day when asked by a heath professional " what do you like to be called " it came close but i thought it would only confuse things , a good job that my wife was not there as she would have no doubt said " Joanne"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Leyna is one of the many "me"s within "us." "That guy" is also part of "us." But only part. It would be nice to live in a world where "we" didn't have to play to category, and just be "us" all the time. Sadly, such a world doesn't exist at this point, so I am content to let the me's out serially. Well, most of the time anyway.

(And yes, my shrink loves our visits. He sees me walking his way, and I can hear the cash register in this head ringing.)
    I am not who you think I am

In the begiing I used to use she or us but I now know that it is all ME, I am amy .

I perceive myself as one person that presents itself in two forms, one is Matia the other is my male self its like a coin with two sides, when im dressed as a guy i refer to matia as her/she when im dressed as a girl i see myself as me and the male self as him. Its easier to present myself and to explain to people who know me, what i am talking about. It would feel strange to me to present myself as her as a guy and vice versa. The truth is i am never dressed as man and woman at the same time so its like the other part is not there at the moment. But it does feel strange to refer to me as a girl when i am talking about something i did as a guy, i could refer to that in thirs person but that would be even stranger. So basically if im Matia i am matia if im not im not

I concur with Matia. Her comment pretty much encapsulates how I perceive my femme and male personalities.

I am Morgan 24/7 sometimes I'm forced to present more my birth gender but thats just a necessary condition of work. When I get home I'm back to she. I flipped back and forth too long to want to be both. She is me thx.

I don't really refer to her as she since she is not a separate identity, but rather a part of who I am. I buy me my clothes, not her, I wear them I do my make up.
    Now when dressed, yes I am a different persona and want to be treated as I present. But she still is a part of who I am.

This is definitely an interesting question to those of us on the outside of your bodies, it's great seeing the thoughtful replies.

I think of my partner as my boyfriend, as a single person who is fluid with a female aspect. However, I will refer to that female aspect by name for emphasis and also in public when we are out shopping, as a way of talking discreetly. I can call up and ask if Crystal might like a pair of shoes or a certain top.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    I say me but I think of myself as a she even though I am a he. I was seeing a shrink but he ran away. Call be Bob
    Lol..at this answer Kelly.

Tais I was in an abusive relationship with "he". "She" came out to play as a kid but "he" put her in a closet! She got free once in awhile but "he" always put her back in there. This abuse went on for decades until "he" went into manopause. "She" finally got out this year in all her glory but "he" still won't let family see "her" other than the wife.

"He" is not abusive anymore "he" just shows up to protect her now. So I guess the two of them = "me", Marleena.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question I'm NOT sure I have it entirely clear yet, myself!

But, I separate myself from Sherry in posts here to try and communicate BETTER with other CD/TSs!

Before I went to conventions and met other dressers, I didn't crossdress unless I was Sherry!

However, I found that other dressers were more comfortable with ME dressed than with Sherry!

Then, I found out I was more comfortable dressed as Sherry than I was out as myself dressed!

Altho we look very different dressed, we r both the same personality!

So, I am she and she is me and we r all together! Get it?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm Arlene 24/7, and I love it that way.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    For awhile I did refer to her differently, but did not give her a name. As i have progressed, i find myself using me more and more. i am one with myself but have two methods of expression for that self. I am probably many blended shades between the two extremes as i find "me' being satisfied/happy with even minimal female apparel at times. Sitting here this morning with just some lipstick and loafers on, and am content.

Actually, as i progress (only in sixth month of cross dressing) I am becoming more content just knowing it is available to me, whether doing it or not at the moment. I am me and I am happy most of the time.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I am schizophrenic. And I am third person. When I am in male mode I refer to Lori as "Lori". When I am Lori I refer to my male side as that lazy good for nothing bum. Really I refer to myself as "that guy"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,