Thread: Online longing.

Wink Online longing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Browsing sites like 6pm, ebay, zappos, just fabulous, etc, all bring this phrase to mind-
    "So many shoes, so little money!"
    It gets quite annoying after a while, but the whole process is kind of like a train wreck- You want to look away, but you just can't.
    I've been told not to covet, but I'm coveting the living crap out of that pair of black 6-inch peep-toe stilettos I'm seeing on my screen!
    The most I can do at the moment is dream of a moment when they fall onto my lap like rain (Actually, scratch that. That might hurt. A lot. But you get my point.)
    It's hair-tearingly frustrating!
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

I understand.. Its much worse at least for me to see them in real life. Going to the store for something else its hard not to want to take a trip to look at the shoes.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

At 6pm I'm online here or looking at the stock market closing trying to figure out how o make more money. Not spend what I don't have. I only go on ebay when I really need something. Like the Adaptrc SCSI card Niya turned me onto.. And never clothes. I'd rather go shopping locally and try on the things I don't need and I'm not going to buy! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It’s when you look on ebay and you have loads of money as well.
    Why do you think I smile in my pictures! [Sorry, I could not resist it]

SUZY

...or when the email ad comes in and you say I just want to see what they have and I won't buy anything. Before you know it there is a UPS package by the door and you have to explain to your wife why you needed something that she doesn't want you to wear.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's much WORSE when U CAN afford them, Loretta! Then, u wind up with endless amounts of boots and shoes. So, when do I stop? When I covet a pair very badly? I ask myself 3 questions:

1. Is it SIGNIFICANTLY different from ones I already have? ( That means checking thru my stash in 3 locations!)

2. Is it something practical enuff to wear MORE THAN ONCE? ( I have PILES of pairs in my storage closet that I NEVER WEAR and probably won't!)

3. Will they be worth the price I'm paying for them? ( Compared to spending the $$ on something I KNOW I need!)

If the answer to all the questions is, "Yes". Then, I'll THINK about buying them! Otherwise, I've learned to walk away without a second thot!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-19-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It wasn't until I bought my first girly outfit last week that I suddenly started lusting after beautiful clothes and shoes etc, now I totally understand why all my female friends can happily spend hours trolling through clothes and shoe stores, it's like crack!

Here in Australia we have what are called 'Op Shops', I think they're called thrift shops elsewhere. The "oppies" are a favorite destination for all kinds of people, rich & poor. We have some excellent ones here in Tasmania, the best thing about them is that there are always loads of gorgeous womens clothing, a lot of the really classy items never get sold because a lot of Tasmanian women have attrocious fashion sense, actually, none whatsoever.

I'm heading to the city this week to bag a wardrobe of lovelies: shoes, dresses, hats, scarves..... I reckon I will walk out with a suitcase full for about $50.

I hope the little gold cocktail dress I saw in the window is still there.

Pheobe <3
    Pheobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    ...or when the email ad comes in and you say I just want to see what they have and I won't buy anything. Before you know it there is a UPS package by the door and you have to explain to your wife why you needed something that she doesn't want you to wear.
    It's so tough knowing you can afford it to some degree but knowing you should not buy it. I get emails from dozens of clothing stores usually just to browse but it is painful seeing items that I know I could buy but that I shouldn't. My wife recently told me that she believes that I will soon have more women's clothing than men's while that may be preferable of course I can't exactly wear women's clothing away from home so it's ultimately a waste of money. Shoes are of course my weakness I am banned from buying black strappy sandals.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Platinum Member
    One of the great virtues of life is patience. And a budget is a great tool for practicing patience and getting those things you need. So, instead of feeling hair tearing frustration, start a savings plan for thos 6" peeps. Each dollar saved puts you closer to your goal, which is gratifying too.